Turn Order Feedback: Turn Queues

Prev1
Ultra
11538 posts Moderator
Can we get a Turn Queue hud like some RPG games do?

For Example:

f3bmjeep9n6r.png

You have a dynamically updated Turn Queue that changes as toons gain / lose Turn Meter

You can have a toggle button next to the Settings and Auto Button that lets you see the upcoming Turn Order when clicked for a few seconds so that it doesn't take a lot of screen real estate all the time

Replies

• Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    Someone pointed out that DSA does this, which is another mobile game in the same space:

pntb79qcgcm8.png
  • Options
    would that be considered "new content"?
  • Options
    Can it be my turn a new raid?
  • Options
    Math is boring, hide TM bars instead to shake up things a bit. 5 years of same battle mechanics...
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    What great and insightful first replies! Eyeroll.gif

What’s not good is they did so much work to stop the speed meta and now it’s at least partially back. Gross
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    I wonder if this applies to Raids as well?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Farriot wrote: »

It will apply to all aspects of the game.
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options

It will but the raids aren't that important anymore that it matters
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    What great and insightful first replies! Eyeroll.gif

What’s not good is they did so much work to stop the speed meta and now it’s at least partially back. Gross

git gud mods!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    This would be nice to have.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Lol There’s only one SLK in my guild so I’m good
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options

Lol There’s only one SLK in my guild so I’m good

For now
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    The new turn meter sucks. My FO team has SLKR as the fastest by a mile. Hux is only 300 speed. If the other FO team attacks first, Hux gains 20% turn meter and is still much slower than SLKR but Hux goes first. This is because Hux has more overflow turn meter. If the turn were speed Hux would effectively have 360 speed and SLKR has 510. Why does Hux go first? Because the game is broken and by CG’s recent post they will not fix it.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Just some qns here...

1. What does 100% speed bar mean?
    Because if for example 200 speed = 100%

then 250 speed = 100% speed with 25% over flow? (50/200 = 25%)

Because this will lead to the next question...

2. Does all unit have the same 100% speed bar (example 200 speed). Does some unit have more or some unit have less?

3. How does this work with all the debuff and buffs?
    - Slow / Stun / Daze / Fracture / Fear / TM reduction / TM Gain /

Maybe it is also time to stream line buffs and debuff 🤔🤔

4. Does this affect ships as well or just toons?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    iirc speed is how fast the bar fills up, and bar is same for everyone, so say it's 100, then someone with 200 speed fills it faster that someone with 150 speed.TM gain does stuff like fill that 100 bar by 20, for example, on a 20% TM gain

I think.

of course now with the overflow mechanic no one wanted or asked for...
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    iirc speed is how fast the bar fills up, and bar is same for everyone, so say it's 100, then someone with 200 speed fills it faster that someone with 150 speed.TM gain does stuff like fill that 100 bar by 20, for example, on a 20% TM gain

I think.

I don't think so... Think they nv explained this before...

Is like Han, no matter how slow he gains 100% TM on first turn and shoots first. This overrides all the above...
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    Overflow is only relevant when toons generate TM from abilities or uniques and the game needs to decide between who goes next between multiple toons sitting at 100% TM simultaneously rather than making RNG
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Overflow is only relevant when toons generate TM from abilities or uniques and the game needs to decide between who goes next between multiple toons sitting at 100% TM simultaneously rather than making RNG

I see, thks :)
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Looooki wrote: »

I think.

I don't think so... Think they nv explained this before...

Is like Han, no matter how slow he gains 100% TM on first turn and shoots first. This overrides all the above...

it's not 100% tm gain it's a bonus turn. han always shoots first. except now aparently it's fastest han shoots first in a han v han situation
  • wildnz
    258 posts Member
    Options
    So based on the notes I have two questions:

1. Will the fastest Han in a mirror match now shoot first (per note one bonus turn tiebreaker is overflow then speed)
    2. Will Han go before Wat ? Wat is generally faster than Han, so if they are both taking bonus turns will wat now go before Han (per above tiebreaker rules) ?
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    wildnz wrote: »

1. Will the fastest Han in a mirror match now shoot first (per note one bonus turn tiebreaker is overflow then speed)
    2. Will Han go before Wat ? Wat is generally faster than Han, so if they are both taking bonus turns will wat now go before Han (per above tiebreaker rules) ?

Yes
    Yes, regardless of speed
  • wildnz
    258 posts Member
    Options

Yes
    Yes, regardless of speed

I read it that way as well , but frankly hoped I was wrong. Being able to stun or delete wat before he goes with Han is a key element in that matchup. Also, Now being able to predict what Han will shoot first is also a significant change in TW and GAC. I’d call them both changes that fall outside of this statement;

“Our internal testing showed that this change had little impact on match ups “ so I trust you respond after “closely monitoring for any significant changes” @CG_SBCrumb
  • BenQuadinaros
    69 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I thought they hard coded Han to go first regardless of anything? Like how they hard coded thrawns ability to guarantee the toon affected by his TM swap went next, which they mention in the post, sort of.
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    Options
    We definitely need clarification on RHan and Wat.
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yesac wrote: »

RH goes before Wat - This isn't changing
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yesac wrote: »

This is correct.
  • Options

Yes
    Yes, regardless of speed

I read it that way as well , but frankly hoped I was wrong. Being able to stun or delete wat before he goes with Han is a key element in that matchup. Also, Now being able to predict what Han will shoot first is also a significant change in TW and GAC. I’d call them both changes that fall outside of this statement;

“Our internal testing showed that this change had little impact on match ups “ so I trust you respond after “closely monitoring for any significant changes” @CG_SBCrumb

I don't think being able to predict which han goes first is necessarily a bad thing. It does change how you'll want to mod him since speed will matter a bit more now but really only for mirror matches.

Better than the random coin toss.
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    This will also make a difference in GAS mirrors when both GAS stand up at the same time, priority will go to GAS with more speed
  • Options

How do you get to this conclusion?
    Both Han and Wat start with a bonus turn, so shouldn’t speed be the kicker, based on the info just released?
    Can’t see anything in the kits or the post indicating which bonus turn take priority, so should be based on speed?
  • QuickGoneJim
    192 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options

It would be a useful addition to have a list of the 5 next turns.
    Post edited by QuickGoneJim on