Are they done doing Dev Q&A's now?

No_its_becky
13 posts Member
edited August 2020
As much as I'd love to hear more details on the artwork process behind resizing Jedi Knight Luke's hand, I'd also like the time to hear something from the Dev's about whats going on. I would also like the chance to ask the Dev's if we could do something, anything, about the sandbagging in TW these days. It's getting ridiculous for a lot of guilds who try their best but are constantly the punching bags for bigger guilds.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    No they are not done.

I am pestering him about this one, he is working on a new setup, but keeps getting sidetracked by other stuff. he is semi-hopeful on getting it together this month, but we shall see.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    on the second topic of the thread, matchmaking has been a topic of conversation.

it should be looked at when considering a lower number of later game players (no matter how they get to that number), but lets keep in mind people have lives and its not always intentional.
  • No_its_becky
    13 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    on the second topic of the thread, matchmaking has been a topic of conversation.

it should be looked at when considering a lower number of later game players (no matter how they get to that number), but lets keep in mind people have lives and its not always intentional.

Agreed, not always intentional. People definitely have lives and recruiting can be extremely hard. I’m in a top 20 GP guild myself and have been an officer in that guild for a long time. But I still don’t understand how certain guilds always have less than 48 members. Or how others just never can find as way to be full during TW but always have 50 members during TB. Here’s a picture of the top 35 from the end of last light side territory battles vs defense setting phase of TW. The pictures are 48 hours apart. This happens every TW/TB cycle and forces 40-70 mil GP disparity matchups among guilds who don’t sandbag. hcz2c1m8xmnm.jpeg
    2wh7c3ltwb9b.jpeg
  • Options
    They could as well just post this image and call it a Q&A

dab0wwxd6p6f.jpg
  • Options

Not always intentional but it does happen. And it is really annoying. From talking with others, a guild will tell certain players to sit out of TW because they haven’t developed enough meta teams. This would give them better matchups.

A way to help this problem (probably won’t eliminate it) is to based the number of defensive teams on the guild that has more players and not less. This would force the guild with higher avg GP from players to spread themselves thin. I don’t remember sandbagging on lower guild GP, so they could even implement the cutoff for this at a certain matchmaking GP (maybe 150 million).

There aren’t easy fixes because stopping sandbagging could also hurt guild that simply ask players to sit out when they can’t play for real life reasons, but it would be nice if CG did more than ask the community what specifically we consider sandbagging.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Not always intentional but it does happen. And it is really annoying. From talking with others, a guild will tell certain players to sit out of TW because they haven’t developed enough meta teams. This would give them better matchups.

A way to help this problem (probably won’t eliminate it) is to based the number of defensive teams on the guild that has more players and not less. This would force the guild with higher avg GP from players to spread themselves thin. I don’t remember sandbagging on lower guild GP, so they could even implement the cutoff for this at a certain matchmaking GP (maybe 150 million).

There aren’t easy fixes because stopping sandbagging could also hurt guild that simply ask players to sit out when they can’t play for real life reasons, but it would be nice if CG did more than ask the community what specifically we consider sandbagging.

Have they ever asked that?
  • Options

Yea, it was in one of the Q&A’s earlier this year (or maybe late last year).

I also seem to remember a lot of posts on the forums talking about sandbagging shortly after.
  • Options

I believe the screenshot below is what Scuttlebutt is referring to. Which is a topic a lot of community members would like to discuss. Maybe it’s our perception but it feels like the issue is getting worse each and every TW. Just look at the current TW leaderboard ranks below #5. Almost every guild on the board has defeated GP ~10M less than their current active GP.

5zl0p0er0z84.png
  • Options
    The way I interpret @CG_Cyanides comment about the match making algorithm is like this, CG sees it as two guilds with relatively equal active GP facing off and that is fair. However, a guild with 50 accounts averaging 5.2M GP is not equal to a guild with 42 6.2M GP accounts. Especially now with the release of Galactic Legends. There are match-ups where the sandbagging guild out numbers the smaller guilds Galactic Legends 2 to 1.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I believe the screenshot below is what Scuttlebutt is referring to. Which is a topic a lot of community members would like to discuss. Maybe it’s our perception but it feels like the issue is getting worse each and every TW. Just look at the current TW leaderboard ranks below #5. Almost every guild on the board has defeated GP ~10M less than their current active GP.

5zl0p0er0z84.png

got it, i was thinking he meant as a more general question for players to define it.
    The way I interpret @CG_Cyanides comment about the match making algorithm is like this, CG sees it as two guilds with relatively equal active GP facing off and that is fair. However, a guild with 50 accounts averaging 5.2M GP is not equal to a guild with 42 6.2M GP accounts. Especially now with the release of Galactic Legends. There are match-ups where the sandbagging guild out numbers the smaller guilds Galactic Legends 2 to 1.

Yes, this came up in a recent conversation with them. average GP is more telling than active in a match up like that.
  • Options

Yea this is what’s happening to our guild. I believe it started when we hit about 180 million GP and has gotten worse as we got closer to 220 million GP.

I’m not keeping exact numbers, but we question if about 2 out of 3 guilds are sandbagging. The signs are usually pretty obvious: participation from the other guild is usually 40-43 members (ours is 45-50), other guild has a high number of meta toons compared to us (worst matchup was 9 GLs to our 2), and the active accounts have the best composition of meta toons and mods from their guild (we scout entire guild before and spot check the members that we see on defense during).

When we get a guild that has 45+ participants, it’s usually a fair matchup where winner comes down to strategy (typically). Those are a lot more fun.

Personally, I just don’t get it. The difference in rewards between winner and loser is minimal, so this seems like the perfect game mode to just have fun.
  • Options

5zl0p0er0z84.png

got it, i was thinking he meant as a more general question for players to define it.

Yes, this came up in a recent conversation with them. average GP is more telling than active in a match up like that.

Maybe making average GP a strong factor in determining matchups would help too.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

Yea this is what’s happening to our guild. I believe it started when we hit about 180 million GP and has gotten worse as we got closer to 220 million GP.

I’m not keeping exact numbers, but we question if about 2 out of 3 guilds are sandbagging. The signs are usually pretty obvious: participation from the other guild is usually 40-43 members (ours is 45-50), other guild has a high number of meta toons compared to us (worst matchup was 9 GLs to our 2), and the active accounts have the best composition of meta toons and mods from their guild (we scout entire guild before and spot check the members that we see on defense during).

When we get a guild that has 45+ participants, it’s usually a fair matchup where winner comes down to strategy (typically). Those are a lot more fun.

Personally, I just don’t get it. The difference in rewards between winner and loser is minimal, so this seems like the perfect game mode to just have fun.

I'm in a 300m guild and TW join is optional. However, if you join, you are expected to attack a couple different times in the 24 hour period as needed, and not everyone can commit to that, so members sometimes choose to sit out. We might have 40 people join, we might have 48. It has nothing to do with sandbagging, which given the difference in rewards for a win or loss, is fairly pointless.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH