Galactic Legends

MedicOzMosis
13 posts Member
edited August 2020
I cannot emphasize enough what a bad idea the GLs were. You did your entire player base a tremendous injustice by putting these in the game. They are awful and horrible and your ideas were terrible. No one wanted them. And now we get matched with them in PVP. I spend money on this game but I can't afford a $40,000 game character. This is so much more than unfair for regular players. Either put GL owners into their own bubbles so they only face one another or continue to bleed the average player who is fed up with this crap. Bad idea. Terrible idea. Fire who thought of it.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• TVF
    36610 posts Member
    Options
    $40,000!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    $40,000!
    Or is it
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    $40,000!
    Or is it

Mine wasnt.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I have a GL. I have spent less than $10 over the past 3 years. Someone owes me $39,990.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Yes I'm aware I exaggerated the cost. The point stands. Not many can afford a GL. It was an insanely unfair paywall advantage.
  • TVF
    36610 posts Member
    Options
    Not anymore.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Yes I'm aware I exaggerated the cost. The point stands. Not many can afford a GL. It was an insanely unfair paywall advantage.

The cost is zero. It's not a pay wall if you don't want it to be.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Yeah it's a paywall. I feel like krakkens are trying to downplay the FTP plight to protect their investment. I'm trying to stand up for my guild mates who are mostly FTP. As an example, I had most of the GR toons farmed pretty well because I love Clone Wars and despite having them farmed I still had to spend quite a bit on GAS when he came out. Imagine a FTP who didn't even have Rose Tico unlocked now has to take her to multiple relic levels. Among other fairly garbage toons. Without buying through the paywall you'd have to spend all your efforts on farming garbage and not having any fun for the eventual chance at a GL, and by the time you do they'll release a character specifically designed to destroy the thing you just farmed. I get that $$$ makes the world go around and you should always have an edge when you spend, but that shouldn't be exponentiated to the point of being completely unfair and not fun for the others.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I have a GL. I have spent less than $10 over the past 3 years. Someone owes me $39,990.

😆 If you've only spent ten, sounds like maybe YOU owe $39,990!
  • Options
    Same was said about CLS, Revan, Darth Revan, Malak, JTR, GAS, the old Chaze meta, and every other toon that whales got first, and it’ll be said again on the next meta toons. Shoot, I think even 3po and Chewie had people being vocal about not being able to beat their events without whaling.

I’m about 70% of the way to SLKR and I’ve spent minimally. They’re not bank breaking. If they still are to you, either you haven’t been playing for long or you didn’t start farming anything until now.
  • Options
    GL’s were at first a massive paywall. If you stopped all other farming (most of it) and focused solely on getting one, it was possible to have it by now. However the amount of resources required of them is insane and hopefully CG tones it down in the future (unlikely).
    GL’s aren’t unbeatable in 5v5 and there are a couple viable counters you can focus on instead. GL Rey in 3v3 does require a GL counter or a very RNG dependent counter that breaks up 3 meta viable teams, which I think is nuts. However at this point you can get one if you focus. I personally just started to go Almost completely for SLKR and hopefully will get him by mid September but need to store massive amounts of Mk12 furnaces and the finishers still (stocking up for JKL too) so it’s not going to be easy.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    People trying to protect their investments is a bad thing now?

I hate to pull a git gud, but you could’ve had a GL by now, no matter how much you spent.