Where Are The Galactic Challenges

The devs promissed that galactic challenges will start today.
but in my timezone it is already 15:00
Why delay the launch so much?
They must be updated the whole thing yesterday do give the date they informed.
I think this is a complete disrespect with the players

Replies

• Options
    Calm down. Today isn't over.
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Calm down. Today isn't over.

it is in less than 4 hours ! :D
  • Options
    Considering most updates are between 3 and 5 pst, and it is still the day they said it was going to launch, you may want to relax a little bit.

Its a little hard to disrespect/disappoint the players when you haven't even screwed up yet.
  • Options
    Or is it?
  • Options
    The devs promissed that galactic challenges will start today. - schedules can change

but in my timezone it is already 15:00 - they are in a different timezone to you

Why delay the launch so much? - they haven't. There are still 13 hours left in today where they are based.

They must be updated the whole thing yesterday do give the date they informed. - no, there is a second update due to come later

I think this is a complete disrespect with the players - it isn't.
  • Options
    The devs promissed that galactic challenges will start today.
    but in my timezone it is already 15:00
    Why delay the launch so much?
    They must be updated the whole thing yesterday do give the date they informed.
    I think this is a complete disrespect with the players

Are you new here? Delaying things and disrespecting their player base is their M.O.

But I agree, calm down, there's plenty of time left.
  • Options
    Always amuses me when players complain about the devs not doing what they say with respect to their personal time zone while completely disregarding the fact that the devs are in a completely different time zones and aren’t working 24/7.

Another point of consideration; there are more time zones than hours in the day. So, literally, the devs can not possibly release anything on the “correct” day for every time zone.
  • Options
    like any other events, this should apear in events page since yesterday or earlyer.
    If they said one date, acomplish the date.
    Why not use a realistic one.
    It would be better
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    like any other events, this should apear in events page since yesterday or earlyer.
    If they said one date, acomplish the date.
    Why not use a realistic one.
    It would be better

This is a completely new event, would it have been nice to show up yesterday, yes, but with something new, it's nice to cut them a little slack. (Not a necessity, I'm just sayin.)

They have always stated times and dates for any event based on thier local (California GMT-7) timezone. And as far as we know right now they are still lined up to hit that, no need to worry.
  • LordDirt
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    Why are there always posts on updates when they almost always come out at the same time of day.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Why are people acting like impatient children? Just wait like every other update or go do something else
  • Options
    As long as they either don’t pull the same fast one as with Galactic Chases where they set the event live PST and close the event player time, or GC really don’t benefit from having the full time available, don’t really see any issue here.

I’ll get to toy with GC sometime tomorrow :)
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    Another point of consideration; there are more time zones than hours in the day.

That depends on how to define "Time Zone". Technically, the world is divided into 24 Time Zone so there are the same number of Time Zones as there are hours in the day. But some countries have their own time based on half an hour out or, in the case of China for example, one Time Zone for the entire massive country.
    Whether or not you want to call these separate "Time Zones" is debatable but strictly speaking each Time Zone is 15 degrees wide and there are 24 of them.

• khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    You must be relatively new to the game. Pretty much most updates and “new content” went live at a specific time zone where they are based on

It’s usually between 10.30pm-11.15pm in GMT.

Patience, Palawan!
  • Options
    Most updates come out at around 2pm pst. It's only 12:11pm pst right now. Still almost 2 hours before their standard release time. Be patient.
    superawesomepi#1512 | My Youtube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    My complaint is that they said the event started today.
    Would be more reasonable if they said event starts tomorrow.
    We did the update today and event start a day later, would be much more reasonable.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options

You're not getting this World Wide Web thing, are you? Different Time Zones. For them, it WILL be today.

• Options
    Those complaining are lucky. The time zone difference just prolongs the point at which you need to start complaining about no new content.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Options
    We did the update today and event start a day later, would be much more reasonable.

You do realize the timezone that matters for the announcement it's theirs right? I just don't get the point of your complaints aside from your lack of understanding of how timezones work.
  • Options

But the day isn't over. CG's workday is only half over. The whole, "but where I live it's the next day" is crap. Most people don't work during the night. Do you work till 3 AM? I hope not. If they say tomorrow, give them 24 hours. If they say later today, give them 8 hours.
    Besides, we've waited for months for something new, give them the rest of their day before we all riot.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Which is a valid thought process, but you need to realize that the word today is a relative term. The event will start today, it will even start on the 12th as they said, but that is relative to them, just like every other event and the event calendar.

I'm going to close this now. Everyone here sees your point and while valid, it is relative to your location. Please in the future keep in mind that all announcements are relative to the PDT timezone.

The update is scheduled to launch 3:15pm PDT. I hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.