Different Game Mode Ideas/Thoughts

Bnorth86
125 posts Member
edited August 2020
A couple of feedback points here after reflecting on Galactic Challenges. I doubt that any of these could happen, but you never know what kind of feedback they’re looking for and taking into account.

I understand that there are all kinds of players out there that have different priorities and they’re at different points of the game. This game can’t grow if we don’t cater to all players (f2p/p2p, endgame/new) so we need to help everybody out.

Daily Challenges:
Keep as is, add/alter gear that is rewarded.

Assault Battles:
We have enough of these that they could create a new spot in the cantina so we could just do one every day (similar setup to Daily Challenges). This would keep the same reward structure out there and would help mid-game players. They can work on the factions they want to and still get those valuable resources. Newer players would have some things to strive for.

Galactic Bounties (I think this is the name):
This game needs to be done more frequently as well. Currently we have two forms of it and we see it twice a month. You could make this a daily event as well. With the Mando being the craze in the Star Wars world right now, this could be a huge selling point in getting new players to join. Give benefits/modifications for specific BH for different assignments. Instead of having 6 to choose from, make it 20 so newer players can earn shards for the characters they want.
*They could develop other faction-specific/lore-associated game modes to help encourage newer players to go after one faction over another.

Territory Battles:
It would be nice to allow all guilds to do both TB every week. However, they should change the Hoth TB to 12 hour increments so they’ll be 3 days (which was the initial idea but they got a lot of blowback from the community). This will give everybody a chance to play the game twice a day towards some decent rewards. Make the Geo TB 24 hours for the other four days of the week. I would imagine at this point most players do their TB missions in a timely manner anyways, so this should be an easy adjustment for guilds to make. Guilds that aren’t ready for the Geo TB will just get to keep working on their roster through other game modes during those four days. They could also try this game mode for practice and see where their roster/characters currently stand. This would also allow for more “practice” for endgame players needing to work on the Geo TB.

Territory Wars:
Add more zones to allow for larger guilds to utilize the bigger rosters. I was a fan of the bonuses for factions, but I know that was an unpopular opinion.

GAC:
Allow the players to sign up for what style they want to play. 5v5 w/ships, 5v5 w/o ships, 3v3 w/ships, 3v3 w/o ships. Everybody builds their rosters differently and this would allow people to choose to play their favorite mode. I think this would give players a chance to change it up when they feel it is getting boring. This would also encourage players to actually play this game mode.

Raids:
Not sure why the Rancor is simmable but the HAAT is not. Adjust the rewards for all raids so you can choose the Rewards from the box. If I click on the box in the rewards, there’s a ton of different possibilities. You could just say a certain ranking earns you X amount of pieces of gear. Example: The player earns 30 pieces of gear for the 11-20 ranking. The player could maybe get the 22 pieces of stun cuffs they need to complete a piece and then use the remaining 8 pieces on carbantis. Give the option of a fully crafted piece for certain rankings only if they actually did damage in the raid (this would definitely encourage players to participate in the raid).

Make a mini-raid:
You have several already in the game in my eyes. Ewok heroic battle, the Hoth battle against the at-st, end of the JKR event, Acklay, and Reek. This is the content I would love to see in the game. Even though it would take another ticket system, it could be done right and be really enjoyable.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    Don’t agree with the Hoth and Geo on both sides at the same time. Whilst, yes, it would be beneficial, I would prefer to do one or the other and not have a debate on which the guild will do. However, I do feel that the shards for the TW characters should be put back to 2, due to how it is one or the other... Just my opinion, don’t have a go.
    Raids, I feel that a last difficulty should be added. One that caters for g13. Maybe top prize has a high chance for g12+ pieces, fully crafted. Relic signal data, ECT. I know Vader can do rancor, but maybe make them immune to turn meter reduction, or something. GLs might break this(kylo), but a counter to this might make it better. For instance, have them deal higher damage to GLs, but the reward for the guild is greater. High risk, reward style thing(unsure how to balance this, whilst still giving whales a 7se for their shiny GLs, tips might be nice)

GAC, again. Don’t agree with the choice, as it has an can have an effect on the matchmaking, BUT, the main complaint about 3v3 is how it isn’t often enough,. Hence, with there being 4 formats currently and 4 GAC per season, maybe each week, we have a different style. Week 1 is 5v5, ships. Week 2 is 5v5 no ships...

A mini raid might be fun. You go in solo, and highest damage on a leaderboard within your GP level. So, 1m, 2m,3m,4m,5m,6m and 7m... this could net you rewards based on where you stand on the leaderboard. It would also be a good way to route out cheaters, as getting damage that is to high kinda raises flags

Please remember, This is all my own opinion. I don’t need/want anyone to have a go, “oh, he said he doesn’t want a choice of the 2 sides of geo at a time, let’s get him”
  • Options
    @Mastersbgames sorry wasn’t clear on the TB, meaning each week you would do a LS Hoth and LS Geo. Not doing both LS and DS geo at the same time.
  • Options
    Bnorth86 wrote: »
    @Mastersbgames sorry wasn’t clear on the TB, meaning each week you would do a LS Hoth and LS Geo. Not doing both LS and DS geo at the same time.

Ah... that is kinda better. Maybe every week might be a bit tedious, more so as there is also TB... reducing the time it takes would help, as stated, but there is also the issue of that LS geo isn’t enjoyable for most people anyway.