Requesting gear

Is there a way to request gear that’s not needed on anybody? I want to request mkV Data Pads but none of my toons need it, so I can’t. Or if there is, I can’t figure how.

With the scavenging now very necessary, that should be in a QoL update.

Replies

• Options
    You can do it on a toon that has the gear piece equipped at current gear level, which might be a workaround?

Otherwise, no there’s no way to do it. Which needs fixed.
  • Options
    You can do it on a toon that has the gear piece equipped at current gear level, which might be a workaround?

Good workaround. The only irritating thing about it is finding a toon at that gear level since you can’t search for already equipped gear.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options

Good workaround. The only irritating thing about it is finding a toon at that gear level since you can’t search for already equipped gear.

Use SWGOH.GG and match their database with your characters roster. That’s what I did and “flagged” that toon as your favourite so it goes top of your squad roster.

• Options
    Yep I have my g9 keenan saves as a favorite just for crafting the mk3 holo projectors for relic materials. Personally I don't usually make gear reqest, just fill them.
  • Options
    Yep I have my g9 keenan saves as a favorite just for crafting the mk3 holo projectors for relic materials. Personally I don't usually make gear reqest, just fill them.

I have Ugnaught, Farmboy Luke, and now Young Han (grated him to like g5 or something for the data pads) favorited for stuff like that. It helps.
  • Options
    Farm boy luke has a special place in my roster because he was my first 7* character way back when they had they had the tournaments that you used ally points for. Lol he is currently g12 double zeta 🤣
  • Options
    With low level gear like that, you can find an item that it is used to craft and find it through that way if you don't have any character with the particular item.

In this case, the mk 5 data pad is used in a mk 6 shield, so you could check for those too.
  • Options
    With low level gear like that, you can find an item that it is used to craft and find it through that way if you don't have any character with the particular item.

In this case, the mk 5 data pad is used in a mk 6 shield, so you could check for those too.

If you need the item that it’s used to craft, then it still shows up under the search for that item. For example, to craft a full mk5 Furnace, you need holoprojectors, furnace salvage, syringes, and power cells. If you search for power cells, it’ll still pop the toon that needs the furnace. Point is, zero of my toons need the mk5 data pads at all, whether it be a data pad solo or they need to craft something from the data pad, so I couldn’t craft them to scavenge it at all.