Starkiller

Jake0000
30 posts Member
edited August 2020
Reworking kit*
Post edited by Jake0000 on

Replies

• Options
    This kit is way overpowered, yet simultaneously way underpowered. It's the most imperfect balance of extremes. Lets go over each ability:
    Jake0000 wrote: »
    Basic (Telekinetic Throw): Deal physical damage to the user for 20% of their health. Ignore protection and inflict healing immunity for 1 turn.
    This ability is really overpowered. Dealing damage to enemies that guarantees kills in 5 hits, and it ignores protection (an effect so powerful I really don't think it should be on a basic). Its way too overpowered, until you face an enemy that takes reduced damage from percentage health damage effects. Then suddenly the ability becomes absolutely useless. Yeah this is why we don't have Percentage health damage effects on basic abilities (or ignore protection for that matter).
    Special (Force Unleashed): Stun all Jedi for 1 turn. Reduce turn meter of all enemies by 50% if turn meter is above 50%.
    Sounds powerful but balanced in theory...until you realize that not only are all the effects highly specific, meaning it's very likely that the attack will do (almost) nothing, but the attack can also be evaded and resisted.
    Jedi are kinda known for high Tenacity, Tenacity Up, and Foresight. So in practically 99% of the situations, this ability is absolutely useless. (also Revan is immune to stun and Jolee is immune to Turn Meter reduction. That doesn't help either).
    Special (Repulse): Deal physical damage to all enemies. Remove all buffs from enemy team. For each buff removed grant 5% protection to all allies.
    An overall nice ability. Pretty balanced too all things considered. Until you realize that this ability has the same point a the previous one: It can be evaded. So foresight on the enemy team and you have dispelled nothing.
    You said this ability is to counter the Jedi, but I feel like the Jedi counter this ability.
    Unique (House of Marek): All dark sides allies have +50% protection and +50% health. Whenever an ally inflicts a debuff increase Starkiller's turn meter by 10%.
    And here is where we return to the overpowered stuff. The health and protection increase are ridiculous on an unique. That is leadership material. On top of that, the turn meter gain is really high, especially when combined with Palpatine Lead. Finally, the 2 effects have nothing to do with each other in any way. This ability is Power for the sake of Power, which is a Crimson flag for design in my book.
    Unique (Hidden Presence): Starkiller and Darth Vader can target stealthed units and ignore taunts. When a sith ally falls below 100% health then stealth for 1 turn.
    The entire point of stealth is that they can't be targeted. Even characters that can ignore Taunt can't target stealthed enemies. I feel like this effect should never exist in the first place. But even putting that aside, Darth Vader Dispels Stealth from enemies!!! Why is the ability to ignore an effect in a kit that shares effects with a character that can dispel said effect? That makes no sense?! It's the opposite of synergy. Also Taunt ignore effects ignore all taunting effects. So this character can ignore Taunt, Marked, and Deathmarked.
    Leader (Nature of the Dark Side): Sith allies inflict damage over time on basic. Sith allies are immune to debuffs. 20% of Starkiller's Offense, Critical Damage and Critical Chance is given to the rest of the team. Sith allies gain +10 speed for every Jedi on the enemy team and +5 speed for every Lightside character on the enemy team. Jedi cannot increase turn meter aslong as Starkiller is active.
    Ah. The creme de la creme of overpowered: "Sith allies are immune to debuffs". What...the...****.... Seriously, even Sith Empire requires 4 things to be set up before his effect is in play, 1 of which is quite difficult to achieve. That's how ridiculously strong it is. And you just allow 2 easy ones for a permanent effect??? Congratulations, you have broken the game. You manage to do something Galactic Legends couldn't even do. Also, "all other characters gain 20% of starkillers Offence, Critical Chance, and Critical damage"... Was this a lead or an unique? Cause that effect is not a leadership effect.

Overall it has a pretty good concept. But their execution is broken in all the wrong ways. It has potential thou. Thou how much this kit represents starkiller I don't know. It seems to miss quite a few of his most known and powerful skills (like his Sith Seeker ability). I made a kit idea for Starkiller myself about a year ago. Check it out, if you're interested: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/210271/starkiller-kit-idea