New Characters

AHOCTAVIUS
posts Member
edited August 2020
Why is EA introducing all the fake (non-George Lucas) characters, but not the real (George Lucas) characters. For example:

Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi
Queen Amidala (different from Senator Amidala....the game has a million versions of Rey and that other guy)
Naboo Handmaidens
Naboo Security Chief Panaka (how about some non white characters other than Mace Windu)
Gungans (they have Geonosians who were in the films for like 5 minutes)
Jar Jar Binks (George Lucas loved this character)
Naboo Starfighters
Naboo cruiser
Young Anakin
More Trade Federation
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    Simple answer? Money.

The company you that has the game license answers to the company that owns the property, and they want to make money off their new content.
  • Options
    Yeah if they haven’t already added characters without first and last names, like Jedi consular or mob enforcer, I don’t think they’re likely to add other nameless characters like Naboo handmaiden. All the other people you listed though, you never know.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    probably bc no one wants any of those chars. lol young ani
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Mon mothma, chewpio, Jedi knight luke, rebel y-wing, tie-bomber, and the mandolorian trio...
  • Options
    Snowbird13 wrote: »
    Mon mothma, chewpio, Jedi knight luke, rebel y-wing, tie-bomber, and the mandolorian trio...

Wait, you're telling me you can counter an argument with evidence?
  • LordDirt
    5011 posts Member
    Options

Can I counter the counter by saying the Mando trio isnt by Lucas?

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

Can I counter the counter by saying the Mando trio isnt by Lucas?

Not directly, no. But he was heavily involved as a consultant.
  • KausDebonair
    1293 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I’d rather have useful toons added, than toons that don’t do much. What would the Handmaidens do that would make them relevant? Panaka? I can’t think of anything Young Anakin would do beyond “stumbles into winning” lol.

Gungans might be neat if they have some sort of mechanic like B1’s. Maybe an anti-droid kit.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I think the issue here is the misunderstanding that any character that is introduced into the game has be approved by Lucus Studios. So unless you are saying the George himself needs to be the one approving, none of the characters introduced into the game a "fake".

also, as others have pointed out we have many characters and ships from the OG trilogy, which is about as George Lucas as you can get.