Modifiers or something else WAI in BH GC?

Prev1
Nikoms565
14242 posts Member
I've read all the modifiers and have an odd occurrence taking place in the newest GC - every battle, with no opponent even taking a turn, a random ally (at full health and protection) will just die.
In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
*This space left intentionally blank*

Replies

• V01D
    117 posts Member
    Options
    Volatile Energies is global. The opponent also builds energy and can use the special which instantly kills your target. I was confused at why I had characters dying as well until I reread the modifier.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    But they don't even get a turn and the two left are stunned. How is possible for them to use it? It doesn't just "automatically happen" does it?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • V01D
    117 posts Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know. I wouldn't think it would happen automatically and could just be a bug.
  • Options
    Yeah it seems buggy. I had it down to one enemy with full health but stunned and they randomly died from the buff on their own turn.
  • Options
    Just seemed to auto kill my GK twice out of the blue.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I've read all the modifiers and have an odd occurrence taking place in the newest GC - every battle, with no opponent even taking a turn, a random ally (at full health and protection) will just die.

Yeah thats one of the modifiers.

Needs a graphic as currently just one guy falls over dead
  • V01D
    117 posts Member
    Options
    @Kyno @CG_SBCrumb Is there any additional information you might be able to provide on this ability?
  • Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »

Yeah thats one of the modifiers.

Needs a graphic as currently just one guy falls over dead

Exactly. Same thing just happened to Malak. Two shots away from winning the battle with a full squad and Malak just fell over. Nothing to indicate it was about to happen or what can be done about it. If anything. A ticking time bomb without a tick.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    V01D wrote: »
    Volatile Energies is global. The opponent also builds energy and can use the special which instantly kills your target. I was confused at why I had characters dying as well until I reread the modifier.

This part I understand. And if you "use" it before the opponent does, it seems to reset (which, honestly is a poor premise for a modifier in an event that rewards flawless victories, as RNG can determine whose turn it is when it reaches 100% - but that's for a different thread).

But in at least two battles, I've had two opponents stunned - and one of my allies will simply die on their own turn. And then I've had other battles where it has worked in my favor - an opponent will simply keel over and die (with no dots, no thermal detonators - nothing).

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    trying to recreate, can you give more details, what units are being used? what tier? ext...
  • Buzzzthrower666
    108 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    From what I saw if you do not finish the battle before the ability charges, or if you don't use as it on the enemy as soon as it charges it is used against you, it instantly defeats target. It seems to fill a bit quicker than bossk's contract.
  • Options
    Yeah if you don't use the ability as soon as it fills up, the enemy team will.
  • Options
    Toons who can do TM swap are great for this event, you can manipulate turn order to ensure you activate the ability with a lot less rng than if just hoping.
    FOO, JKR etc.
  • Options
    yankeeh8er wrote: »

Except it's being used by stunned enemies, or at least once in my case it killed my enemy without me actually activating the ability. It seems like it is activated automatically some unknown amount if turns after it fills up even if the character is abity blocked, stunned or chooses not to use it themselves.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    DuneFlint wrote: »
    yankeeh8er wrote: »

Except it's being used by stunned enemies, or at least once in my case it killed my enemy without me actually activating the ability. It seems like it is activated automatically some unknown amount if turns after it fills up even if the character is abity blocked, stunned or chooses not to use it themselves.

This. It seems as though it reaches 100% and then, if you don't use it (if it's available) it just "automatically" activates randomly.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    trying to recreate, can you give more details, what units are being used? what tier? ext...

It's happened with different teams on different tiers. I was even running an relic GL Rey team with 4 person squad at a lower tier - and even with all opponents stunned, JKR just keeled over. Same happened with BH on a lower tier with 5. It seems to happen at any tier with any team. The bug seems to be in the mechanic itself - not in the team/ability comp or tier. And I've even had opponent characters just fall over (and I didn't even activate the ability).

• Options
    The round where I lost Malak, I was down to a stunned shoretrooper and off it went.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

It's happened with different teams on different tiers. I was even running an relic GL Rey team with 4 person squad at a lower tier - and even with all opponents stunned, JKR just keeled over. Same happened with BH on a lower tier with 5. It seems to happen at any tier with any team. The bug seems to be in the mechanic itself - not in the team/ability comp or tier.

I was asking because at this point I have run up to tier 5 with BHs (and SLKR for the undersized/flawless feats) to get them all done and have not run into this issue once.

it was also unclear when i wrote that, what you were saying, as you stated:

this made it seem like it was happening at the beginning of the battle, before any moves were made.
    just wanted to try and recreate the issue and maybe make a video to show them so its a little more clear what the issue is. Thank you for the details.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    @Kyno I can recreate at will. This comes down to when charge happens.

If the ability is fully charged when the other team is taking turns, they use and delete whoever... typically your tank thats taunting.

If it happens when you have it... you need to use it.

Otherwise they will with their turn.

The issue is no visiual queue is being used to show when it hit your character
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited August 2020
    Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Kyno I can recreate at will. This comes down to when charge happens.

If the ability is fully charged when the other team is taking turns, they use and delete whoever... typically your tank thats taunting.

If it happens when you have it... you need to use it.

Otherwise they will with their turn.

The issue is no visiual queue its being used or it hit you character

the stunned or AB on the opponent is the part I was trying to capture, now that i understand the issue more.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Im using a darth revan lead, malak, dark bastilla, hk47 and vader.

Mainly because slkr walks over this too quick
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Ah i see.

Well here is a screen showing

ynl1exbl2vo7.jpg
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Just lost malak but veers had no turn meter as can be seen by him being half way to full. Trooper is stunned... and snow tropper was afraid
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Very hard to get the timing right for them all stunned or in fear but having the ability.... but does seem to still trigger
  • Options
    The Snowtrooper in the back is a summon. If he's the last one left he just dies.

However, I also had the insta-gib occur to my team when everyone was stunned or not full TM.

So I switched to CLS Rebels and you can nuke everyone before it even gets close to happening.
  • Options
    I can't explain where the opponents range trooper up and died without me using it, but I tried to take a video of them using it while stunned, ability blocked and failed. Everytime I thought it happened ed when I went back to watch the video I could see that someone else got a turn. The complete lack of animation when it's used seems to be the main culprit causing me to think it was activated when it shouldn't have.
  • Options
    Volatile Energy just needs to go. It’s a bad premise to share an ability like that or even have the enemy have that ability when CG just stacks speed and preloaded TM...so no thanks lol
  • Options
    New invisible skill, « ignore all what is written » desintegrate whatever my opponent is.
    Or maybe gas got a new skill....invisible and useless man
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Options
    I've completed all feats and battles to 3* Not sure if it is meant but once it fills to 100% you can use it to defeat an opponent but if you miss pressing it by accident or not, it will instakill one of your toons.