AI/RNG on GCs?

Eweff
400 posts Member
I beat tier 6 of the galactic challenge with two stars on my first try. Tried it two more times and got about the same result. Every other time after that (I’ve probably tried it 20 times now) thrawn and his imperial troops wipe out over half my team before I’ve taken a turn. What’s with the AI? Is it a dice roll on whether I’ll stand a chance?

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Apparently yes.

(assuming you were using your strongest team every time)
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Apparently yes.

Same team every time. Just seems weird that it is set up like that.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I know we have certain toons that target particular opponents, either based on them or a certain stat, but I dont think we have any events set up that way. This means that each time you start an event the AI will pick at random the first target. That first sequence always has some effect on how the rest plays out.
  • Options
    Sometimes the commando trooper goes before Thrawn, so definitely some RNG there. I wish we could click on the enemy squad to determine their speed / stats.
  • Joebo720
    648 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    3PO Legendary event tells you all you need to know. Nothing more tactical than preloaded TM and random targeting.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Eweff wrote: »
    Apparently yes.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result."
    - Albert Einstein
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    Kisakee wrote: »
    Apparently yes.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result."
    - Albert Einstein

But he did get a different result
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Options
    Kisakee wrote: »
    Apparently yes.

- Albert Einstein

But he did get a different result

Thank you
  • Enigmatic_Potato
    796 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Most AI controlled units do not behave the same way 100% of the time. They do have patterns the lean towards but there is always an RNG element.

For example, I undermanned Tier 7 with Palp lead, Vader, L3, & Wat. I'd start the battle with Tank Tech on L3 to keep her Taunting.

Thrawns first turn is usually a fracture on L3 (giving thrawn +100% tenacity) but it was not 100% of the time. So I would restart until he opened with a basic, which would allow me to defeat Thrawn during Vader's first Massacre.
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Sometimes the commando trooper goes before Thrawn, so definitely some RNG there. I wish we could click on the enemy squad to determine their speed / stats.

i dont think CG wants us to see there 400+ speed stats
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Options
    Most AI controlled units do not behave the same way 100% of the time. They do have patterns the lean towards but there is always an RNG element.

For example, I undermanned Tier 7 with Palp lead, Vader, L3, & Wat. I'd start the battle with Tank Tech on L3 to keep her Taunting.

Thrawns first turn is usually a fracture on L3 (giving thrawn +100% tenacity) but it was not 100% of the time. So I would restart until he opened with a basic, which would allow me to defeat Thrawn during Vader's first Massacre.

This makes sense, it just is startling to see it go so completely differently sometimes before I’ve even had any input.
    flux_rono wrote: »

This is more likely the case!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

why not? most player are able to get a pretty accurate read on stats like that just through game play.

its more likely that it doesnt' really matter, so there no point in putting it there.
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

why not? most player are able to get a pretty accurate read on stats like that just through game play.

its more likely that it doesnt' really matter, so there no point in putting it there.

I think he’s just trying to be funny, Kyno