Galactic Challenge and Bounty Hunter Prestige Quest

Not sure if this has been covered so far but may be of use to some players.

The Galactic Challenges mode (not requiring any energy) seems to be pretty awesome for doing a lot of the requirements for the Bounty Hunter Prestige Quest. I only really realised this today and have already finished off the Boba Fett tier, and done more than 50% of the Greedo Tier through replaying the Death Star event.

Might help a few players out instead of relying on TA or TW to use those teams and get these quests done.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Grimbarian wrote: »

The Galactic Challenges mode (not requiring any energy) seems to be pretty awesome for doing a lot of the requirements for the Bounty Hunter Prestige Quest. I only really realised this today and have already finished off the Boba Fett tier, and done more than 50% of the Greedo Tier through replaying the Death Star event.

Might help a few players out instead of relying on TA or TW to use those teams and get these quests done.

We flagged this for review by the dev team to see if this is WAI. It may change.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Can’t be setup to do 500 payouts activated for Greedo with 46 done. Lol
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options

Kyno wrote: »
    We flagged this for review by the dev team to see if this is WAI. It may change.

I mean u can only do one part of the bh quests, this isn't game breaking by any means. Seems like an odd thing to review
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Just take Boba and Greedo into Tier 1 and trigger the contract by killing first enemy to take a turn. Boba AoE, match over. Greedo progress +1. Takes about 45 seconds each time.

@Kyno why shouldn't this be the case? You're legitimately using your BH as intended.

Marquee events also work for progressing quests. Maybe take that away too. The 500 payouts was ludicrous to begin with.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Grimbarian wrote: »

Leave it alone.

Just ask the devs to review the 88 quest, which everyone knows is broke long time.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Options
    I thought that was fixed in the last Title Update...

UNIT - Fixed a bug where battle wins while using IG-88 in Geonosis Territory Battles were not properly being counted towards the "Mortally Wound" task in the Bounty Hunter prestigious quest.
  • Options
    el_mago wrote: »

UNIT - Fixed a bug where battle wins while using IG-88 in Geonosis Territory Battles were not properly being counted towards the "Mortally Wound" task in the Bounty Hunter prestigious quest.

Thank you for that info. :)

My statement to leave the prestige count in gc stands tho. :p
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Options

Thank you for that info. :)

My statement to leave the prestige count in gc stands tho. :p

Agreed!
  • Options
    Seriously, if CG considers the BH quests not tedious enough and requiring more lengthy periods between stage 2 and stage 3, they are completely off their ergonomic office chairs.

I can't believe they're even taking 5 seconds to review this. Honestly, I'm on Greedo right now, but my Greedo is only g11. With everything else to work on, boosting Greedo to g12 is going to come a lot later than getting my 500 payouts through doing GW. I run Greedo, Zam, & Dengar and got the 1000 detonator segment done in no time, even before I'd done 200 payouts. Payouts are at 300+. So, 20 more days of GW is more than enough to finish that.

I could finish the Greedo payouts today, I suppose, but really, what's the point?

This is the last thing in the universe that needs "fixing" in this game. The whole point of the Payout portion of the quest is simply to survive the tedium. It's certainly not less work or less tedious to do it all on one day, replaying the same GC over and over and over to get your Payouts. Whether you do that in GW or do it in GC, if you've survived the tedium, you've earned the prestige quest badge.
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Just take Boba and Greedo into Tier 1 and trigger the contract by killing first enemy to take a turn. Boba AoE, match over. Greedo progress +1. Takes about 45 seconds each time.

@Kyno why shouldn't this be the case? You're legitimately using your BH as intended.

Marquee events also work for progressing quests. Maybe take that away too. The 500 payouts was ludicrous to begin with.

Doesn’t Greedo have to be in the leader slot?
  • Options
    khdelboy wrote: »

Doesn’t Greedo have to be in the leader slot?

No
  • Options
    If they do nerf it...

Then simply, One Famous Wookie > tier 1
    Boba lead, greedo (or whoever) in squad
    Han shoots first
    Boba aoes the lot
    Done.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Kyno why shouldn't this be the case? You're legitimately using your BH as intended.

Mostly because this event can be done repeatedly. I believe this was the case with marquees at one point and they changed it....didnt they?

Also, I didnt flag this it was up before this post was.

Just because they are reviewing if doesnt mean anything will change.
  • Options

The IG88 quest being fixed may not be 100% correct....

When the big Unity upgrade happened, the DS TB that ran afterwards, the IG88 quest broke. Battles in Hoth were no longer being counted.

Then, we got the title update as you mentioned and the IG88 quest is now supposedly fixed in Geo, but there is no indication that the IG88 quest was fixed in Hoth. I wonder if it will take another year for CG to fix the quest.