Imperial Trooper Tag

DarthVeritlyn
704 posts Member
edited August 2020
So with the addition of Admiral Piett and his receiving the Imperial Trooper tag, it got me thinking. Piett is an Imperial Navy Officer, similarly to Grand Admiral Thrawn and Grand Moff Tarkin. Piett never led troops into battle, he was always on board a Star Destroyer. However others like Thrawn did lead troops on the ground. So I believe if Piett has the Imperial Trooper tag, with no real reason as to why, then why shouldn't other Imperial Navy toons be given the tag as well? Thrawn, Tarkin, TIE Pilot could have more use this way, and it fleshes out a rather neglected faction.

Now my second point has to do with the Imperial Royal Guard. The Guard was made up of highly skilled Stormtrooper conscripts as well as at least one known Clone Trooper member. They were skilled in multiple forms of combat and even served in the battlefield from time to time when high ranked officials were in the field. Link below with more information on this. So I believe Royal Guard should receive the Imperial Trooper tag for these reasons. Again it gives use to a not very useful toon, and gives more options when building Imperial Trooper squads.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Emperor's_Royal_Guard
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Potato211
    473 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Tags again. Same with Mon Mothma. Game balance is more important than lore.
  • Options
    Potato211 wrote: »
    Tags again. Same with Mon Mothma. Game balance is more important than lore.

The Empire is not a very powerful faction. Nor are the Troopers. So giving a few more Empire toons Imp Trooper tags wouldn't break anything. Especially with another set of GLs on the way
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    You have no idea what Imperial Troopers can do right now, go and take a look at AhnaldT101's GAC streams. They are very powerful and adding toons like Tarkin could be game breaking in some ways. Just think about a loop of removing turn meter with Starck and Tarkin while gaining a lot of it with Starck, Piett and kills on enemies.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    The Empire is not a very powerful faction.

Thrawn and Vader are taking on GL's and both are Empire, you might want to rethink your statement.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    Not to mention with the TM overage changes, Veers' Zeta makes them way more viable when it comes to NS in particular. There's almost no coin flips anymore once you kill someone.