Where is defense in character stats?

Yung_Hen
139 posts Member
edited August 2020
Where do you find a given character’s defensive stats? It’s not under their base attributes or general stats (I.e, health and protection, tenacity, etc), closest I can find is armor. But my GK has a defense KO’d set which is supposed to be 25% bonus and it says his armor only has 7.5% from mods. Can someone explain this?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    There is an equation to calculate one from the other.

I forget the actual details, we either used to be able to see it in game, or maybe it was listed on SWGOH, either way that direct stat was hidden and now we can only calculate that value.
  • Jkane
    220 posts Member
    Options
    It would be nice to know what that equation is. As it is, I find it hard to know the value of a defense mod or bonus.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Defense refers to armor and resistance collectively.

The percentage for armor is not additive. As Kyno mentioned, you can google calculators that will solve it for you. But basically, the percentage that is displayed in the stats is the amount of damage that will be mitigated (not taking into account opponent's defense penetration). There is an invisible defense flat stat that is used to calculate this percentage based on level. When a mod (or in game status effect) says it adds +25% defense, it adds 25% of that flat stat. This does NOT translate to an increase of 25% damage mitigation, which is why the stat says only +7.5% from mods.
  • Train
    56 posts Member
    Options
    Physical Defense% = Armor / {Armor + (Level*7.5)}
    Special Defense% = Resistance / {Resistance + (Level*7.5)}

My understanding is that level is the attacking character's level. For the purposes of showing a percentage on your character stats page, it computes %defense using your character level, but in an actual battle it uses the attacking character's level.

Example assuming everyone at Level 85:
    Character's armor is 500, so their physical defense is 43.96%
    Add a 20% defense mod and their armor goes up to 600, increasing their physical defense to 48.48%
    Attacker has 200 Armor Penetration, armor reduced to 400, decreasing physical defense to 38.55%
  • Options
    And this is why they will eventually increase the level cap, and when they do, lsgtb will become playable. Once the level difference gap is closed, the damage mitigation will go to normal levels.
  • MetaThumper
    496 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Defense = (Armor*(CharacterLevel*7.5))/100-Armor)

Armor = (Defense*100)/(Defense+(CharacterLevel*7.5))

This is the accurate answer. Unfortunately only way to know is math lol

https://gaming-fans.com/2017/12/swgoh-advanced-armor-function-defense/