Places of Power challenge 3: from 3 stars to defeat: why?

Prev1
Why? Did they further increase to 1000 the enemies' speed?
R6 Palpatine, R7 DR, R7 Malak, R5 Badstila and R4 Sion dead..... 8th wave is an endless jedi turn.
I did this with 3 stars last time.

Replies

• Saada
    664 posts Member
    Options
    Why? Did they further increase to 1000 the enemies' speed?
    R6 Palpatine, R7 DR, R7 Malak, R5 Badstila and R4 Sion dead..... 8th wave is an endless jedi turn.
    I did this with 3 stars last time.

They have protection this time. If anyone has a squad that works please let me know lol
  • AleSahnDroh_1979
    950 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Yes I see, but my biggest problem is that in wave 8 I can barely have 3-4 turns before the defeat!
    I played again and I can confirm that each of the jedi has 4-5 turns before my team. Then again and again.
    Post edited by AleSahnDroh_1979 on
  • CUFCfan
    32 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    It's the same in every assault battle 'challenge tier'. The challenge is watching the ai take so many turns and you have to guess when you'll get to take a turn. You see, ridiculous amounts of health, tenacity & speed is fun! Vader hit one of the jedi sentinels I think it was for 300k from full health with no protection and he was still standing after it. Copious amounts of fun!
  • Options
    Tier 3?
  • KirKanos82
    37 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    use dn instead of sion. annihilate gmy as soon as wave 8 starts. make sure dn has annihilate ready at the start of each wave, except wave 1 of course. g12 dn can survive as long as you get that first annihilate. his max health really starts to accumulate
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    "Hiya holotable heroes!

Due to high engagement (spending) levels on the recent, extremely popular, Galactic Challenges wherein a large portion of our players found a reason to Relic 5 their Sith, we have decided to 'offer' a similar challenge in today's Assault battles - we hope to see the same levels of engagement and to see more Relic 7 Sith from players as they continue to 'enjoy' these events which are in place to alleviate the gear crunch in preparation to the next set of Galactic Legends!"

*salt disclaimer*: I used to be able to easily sweep challenge tier 3 with G12 EzPz, G12 DN, R3-4 DR, Malak, DSB and now I get wiped on wave 2 with a full team of Relic 5 sith.
    Post edited by WookieWookie on
  • Options
    They have protection this time. If anyone has a squad that works please let me know lol[/quote]

Palp, BSF, DR, Malak, Nihilus
  • QuickGoneJim
    192 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Yes, the protection is new. And their overall health pool seems to have increased vastly. They easily take a 400k culling blade strike from Vader. And from wave 5 on they are extremely fast.

Maybe the updated turn meter/turn order mechanics also play a role because you won’t take a turn anymore at the start of a new wave when their TM is preloaded to 200%+

Edit: I gave up on this. I think R7 Traya & Nihilus would help. But mine are only G12.
  • Options
    I 3 stared it today with r2 palp lead, g12 Malak, r5 Dr and fbs, r3 Vader. Sucks they added back the protection since the Malak annihilation ability was kind of fun to play with last time.
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    You only need Nihilus geared enough to survive to the first Annihilate. Just make sure you either pick the leader on that wave, or one of the Guardians. After that he's good to go.

I 3-starred Tier 2 today using a G8 Nihilus alongside R7 Palp, G12 Vader, R7 KRU and R5 ST.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    They have protection this time. If anyone has a squad that works please let me know lol

Palp, BSF, DR, Malak, Nihilus[/quote]

Have you actually beaten Challenge tier 3 or are you just assuming what worked previously still works? I can't beat wave two with Relic 5 Sith without losing Vader (or DN when I tried him), Palp, or DR.
  • Options
    Because of the TM gain rework ?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    They are reducing your max health when you heal on sith characters now.

Palp lead = broke

Edit noticed my goof up
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    They are reducing your max health when you heal on sith characters now.

Palp lead = broken

Nope
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Did it with the team in the first post. Managed cooldowns. All R7 except Sion R4.

zgu6oo67guwf.png
    k6zxjeidn24m.png
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Still cant do it today. What changed?

5rij5vxbptoh.jpg
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    I did it with r6 emp, r6 vader, r5 bast, r5 revan, r7 malak. Malak came close to dying a few times, but I'd saved his drain for those times. Strategy was to use vader to ability block and spread dots (using non-aoes as the crush targets, ability block the others), bast /reb to control with fear, use shock whenever malak wasn't taunting to give him.taunt, and use malak basic to inflict ten down on enemies so that emp xan shoxk them. The biggest threats are the stealth sentinels in most non-boss phases. Their aoes can end your run dast. Use revan to buff immun them or shock them to prevent stealth, or merciless massacre to finish off (no escape zeta helps here).
    For gmy, save up all your control in stage 7, and make sure the last enemy you kill has lots of debuffs so you go into stage 8 with nearly everyone at full tm. Then use fear, stun, shock and ability block to keep them stunned or targeting malak. Shock and ability block on gmy and gk is priority 1. Dots from vader and crackling doom from emp help weaken everyone, but you'll need malak to drain gmy before using a MM culling blade on him.
    Nihilus is good but I really missed the ability blocks and dots from vader (plus he's only g12+5 for me).
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options

pretty sure this has been answered multiple times but they fixed the protection bug
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    I did it with r6 emp, r6 vader, r5 bast, r5 revan, r7 malak. Malak came close to dying a few times, but I'd saved his drain for those times. Strategy was to use vader to ability block and spread dots (using non-aoes as the crush targets, ability block the others), bast /reb to control with fear, use shock whenever malak wasn't taunting to give him.taunt, and use malak basic to inflict ten down on enemies so that emp xan shoxk them. The biggest threats are the stealth sentinels in most non-boss phases. Their aoes can end your run dast. Use revan to buff immun them or shock them to prevent stealth, or merciless massacre to finish off (no escape zeta helps here).
    For gmy, save up all your control in stage 7, and make sure the last enemy you kill has lots of debuffs so you go into stage 8 with nearly everyone at full tm. Then use fear, stun, shock and ability block to keep them stunned or targeting malak. Shock and ability block on gmy and gk is priority 1. Dots from vader and crackling doom from emp help weaken everyone, but you'll need malak to drain gmy before using a MM culling blade on him.
    Nihilus is good but I really missed the ability blocks and dots from vader (plus he's only g12+5 for me).

Really good guide. Beat it with your team but all R5. It can be done, but took a few restarts to not lose anyone to early AoEs, and is about ten times harder than it was previously.
  • Options
    3* with G12 zzEP, G12 zNihilus, r5 zzzVader, r5 zBSF, r7 zzMalak

Took a couple tries to land on this comp and proper strategy. More damage from DOTs and Palp unique than Culling Blade, so I only used it when I needed some quick TM or to have a good carryover between waves.

Vader' Ability Block on AOE Jedi was helpful to keep EP alive. Also, landing Shock to keep Malak taunting.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options

5rij5vxbptoh.jpg

Previously, enemy units had no protection so Malak could one shot any enemy using lifedrain

Darth Nihilus could also kill any toon using annihilate so you could start every wave with killing two toons outright

With massive protection pools, Malak isn’t as effective and it takes a long time to whittle down the protection bar so you are taking a lot more hits than before
  • Options
    I don’t think any thing changed. Just RNG. I 3 stared T3 this time on my first try. Same team as last time when I 2 stared it. Palp/Vader/DR/BSF/Malak.
  • Options
    sloweagle wrote: »
    I don’t think any thing changed. Just RNG. I 3 stared T3 this time on my first try. Same team as last time when I 2 stared it. Palp/Vader/DR/BSF/Malak.
    The enemy having protection is 100% definitely a change
  • Options
    You're doing it wrong, then. Others, myself included, have posted winning comps with fewer relic levels than yours.
  • Options
    Somewhere there's a "bull" providing the object I'm thinking of in regards to them "just fixing protection".

CG, why in the holy heck of all hecks do you continue to be lazy and add 500-1000% TM to your AI? Seriously, the AI is taking 5, 6, 8, 10 freakin' turns before I even get a move. (That includes my characters with over 300 speed). I can full auto through tier 2 and tier 3 I don't even get a turn and lose someone sometimes.

My R7 characters are hitting like Bariss and getting beat down like IG88. I know I know, we're supposed to have all our characters up to Relic 9 by now, even if we're F2P....