7 star Malak or GAS

Yung_Hen
139 posts Member
edited August 2020
Just unlocked malak and have him with both zeta’s and to gear 10. But I’m only at 30k GET1 and I know it takes about 80k to 7 star him or GAS. By the time I get enough GET1 to take someone to 7 stars I’ll probably have unlocked GAS. So basically, which one should I 7 star first? I’m leaning towards GAS cus I’ve heard he’s not very useful at 5* but I’m not sure.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• LordDirt
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    Post your roster
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    70.3k in currency.
  • Options
    I feel like GAS slots into more teams. Great with clones, Padme, JKR, GL Rey, and I hear he's good with JKL (hope to find out myself later this month.) Basically if you are running anything light side except rebels he has a place. Malak is a monster, but maybe a little more limited these days? I only really use him with Drevan, and I see him on GL Kylo squads but he is by no means a must-have for that team to work. So it depends on what fits your particular roster best, but I think GAS is more versatile.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    You are right that GAS is not very useful at 6 stars. He's an attacker and has to be maxed. GAS can shine in some GL line-ups and counters but other than that GAS only goes with the 501st.

Malak on the other hand is truly versatile. He can be used as an attacker, tank or as a support. His unique to inflct fear whenever being hit by DoT or crit dmg. makes him an excellent toon to control the battle. In fact, you can solo quite some low damage teams (e.g. OR and Ewoks) with Malak.

To enjoy the fear effect you don't need to 7 star Malak. Eventually of course you also want him at 7 stars and probably reliced to an certain extend. But he's already useful prior to that. You can put him in any line-up and your opponent will not take it lightly, even if he is just 6 stars.
  • Options
    Would a 5* gas be viable in a padme line up? Or would c3po be better? Otherwise gas could go with JKR instead of old Ben?