imperial soldier tag problem

Sansacional_10
40 posts Member
edited September 2020
you may wonder what is wrong with the label of imperial soldier? in itself only 2 characters that are missing the label which are krennic and the TIE pilot. the tie pilot is very obvious why he needs the imperial soldier label since he is a soldier who trained to pilot the TIE fighters but the question they are asking is why krennic? I say that krennic needs the label of imperial soldier because if you look at both krennic and piett he has the same imperial rank of admiral
0b11eqwn0wj4.jpeg
95t9f5p0rqi5.jpeg
And if piett has the label, what prevents krennic from having it too?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    It's Trooper, not Soldier (no offense). This discussion came up back in the days when the tag was new and till today nobody can give a good answer why Tie Fighter Pilot isn't having it.
    For Krennic i can understand it as he was the director of the Death Star project, he never really fought. He's an engineer, no soldier.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    “Character X should have Tag Y because of Convoluted Headcanon Z” is a very popular thread genre, but to my knowledge none of them have ever succeeded in getting a tag added.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    “Character X should have Tag Y because of Convoluted Headcanon Z” is a very popular thread genre, but to my knowledge none of them have ever succeeded in getting a tag added.

After 3 years the Vets finally got the resistance tag!
  • Options
    Kisakee wrote: »
    till today nobody can give a good answer why Tie Fighter Pilot isn't having it.

I can give a good answer. Because pilots aren’t troopers. Go find an Air Force pilot and call them a trooper, see how that goes for you.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    My opinion is that Piett and Krennic should not have the Imperial Trooper tag because, frankly, they never really fought as a trooper for the Empire. All of the Imperial Troopers in the game (other than Piett, which I think should not be one) are generic troopers. Like, for example, there is no one Death Trooper or sStormtrooper. It's just a person trained to be a trooper in the Empire. Krennic and Piett aren't, and as I mentioned before, they didn't "fight" as a trooper. The TIE Pilot should most definitely be an Imperial Trooper. To refute the past arguments, Imperial TIE Pilots were in fact people who fought for the Empire and were most definetely troopers. Yeah, so that's what I think.
  • Options
    My opinion is that Piett and Krennic should not have the Imperial Trooper tag because, frankly, they never really fought as a trooper for the Empire. All of the Imperial Troopers in the game (other than Piett, which I think should not be one) are generic troopers. Like, for example, there is no one Death Trooper or sStormtrooper. It's just a person trained to be a trooper in the Empire. Krennic and Piett aren't, and as I mentioned before, they didn't "fight" as a trooper. The TIE Pilot should most definitely be an Imperial Trooper. To refute the past arguments, Imperial TIE Pilots were in fact people who fought for the Empire and were most definetely troopers. Yeah, so that's what I think.

General Veers and Colonel Starck are imperial troopers, but are not generic troopers. I personally think it’s more a matter of imperial troopers seemingly being classified more as the ground troops who engaged in planetary assaults on-surface as opposed to the pilots who conducted orbital and space battles.
  • Options
    HKFactory wrote: »

General Veers and Colonel Starck are imperial troopers, but are not generic troopers. I personally think it’s more a matter of imperial troopers seemingly being classified more as the ground troops who engaged in planetary assaults on-surface as opposed to the pilots who conducted orbital and space battles.

But then Piett getting the tag messes that up. He was a naval officer who never fought on the ground and yet he has the tag for some reason. If a naval officer gets the tag why not all the other naval officers (Thrawn/Tarkin) and the TIE Pilot as well? And Royal Guard should get the tag too. Because Royal Guards are legitimately elite Stormtroopers trained to use Force Pikes to protect the Emperor.
  • Options
    @HKFactory I had two things, generic trooper or a ground fighter. Veers and Stark can be classified as troopers, but Piett was, as @DarthVeritlyn said, a naval officer.
  • Options
    @HKFactory I had two things, generic trooper or a ground fighter. Veers and Stark can be classified as troopers, but Piett was, as @DarthVeritlyn said, a naval officer.

In that case, I got nothing.
  • Options
    Tags in this game are always about balance, not necessarily about canon or lore.
  • Options
    I feel with Tie Pilot, his deal is that he already gains a bunch of turn meter for each enemy with a debuff at the end of his turns, so adding in the turn meter he would gain from buffs if he was an imperial trooper, I think they would need to be careful about what they do with future imperial troopers, or rework Tie Pilot to prevent the possibility of easy infinite loops.
  • Options
    @StarSon good point, but this post was directed at cannon and lore, not really balance.
  • Options
    @StarSon good point, but this post was directed at cannon and lore, not really balance.

I know, I was just stating why his opinion is wrong. Doesn't matter if those characters would be characterized by these tags in canon or lore, because the tags in this game will prioritize balance. That's why JKL isn't a Rebel, and why the Vets weren't Resistance, even though JKL is a Rebel in canon and the Vets are Resistance.
  • Options
    Yeah, I get what you are saying.
  • Options
    HKFactory wrote: »

But then Piett getting the tag messes that up. He was a naval officer who never fought on the ground and yet he has the tag for some reason. If a naval officer gets the tag why not all the other naval officers (Thrawn/Tarkin) and the TIE Pilot as well? And Royal Guard should get the tag too. Because Royal Guards are legitimately elite Stormtroopers trained to use Force Pikes to protect the Emperor.

Piett isn't a trooper himseld, he just benefits from the work that Imperial Troopers do and extracts the benefits to accrue his own prestige and power. He uses them without giving anything back to them (which is why other Imperial Troopers have abilities that give bonuses to all Imperial Troopers, but Piett doesn't) except Inevitable Failure.

It's about character theme.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Piett isn't a trooper himseld, he just benefits from the work that Imperial Troopers do and extracts the benefits to accrue his own prestige and power. He uses them without giving anything back to them (which is why other Imperial Troopers have abilities that give bonuses to all Imperial Troopers, but Piett doesn't) except Inevitable Failure.

It's about character theme.

Makes perfect sense.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options

I can give a good answer. Because pilots aren’t troopers. Go find an Air Force pilot and call them a trooper, see how that goes for you.

Now what Iden jokes on your logic
  • Options
    Sebek wrote: »

Now what Iden jokes on your logic

Great necro. /s

Necro or not, it's a valid point