Guild requests have disappeared

Normally when our guild has openings, we get a couple of requests per day to join. Starting about three weeks ago, we have had openings and have had zero requests over that entire time span. Is anyone else experiencing this? It can’t be a fluke to go from multiple per day to none over weeks.

Replies

• Options
    Seems to happen to every guild from time to time. Gonna have to try to do recruitment cause when it happened to the guild I was running a loooong time ago it just slowly died and then I just joined a big guild
  • Options
    There's probably some weird oddity with how guilds show up in searches.

But yes, if that's what you rely on for recruits, ultimately its likely not the best approach.
  • Options
    I have heard that changing your guild to invite only and then changing back to open has an effect on your guild showing up at n guild searches/recommendations.
    I have no idea if it’s true :) it at least it doesn’t hurt to try it.
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    “Invite only” means that people can’t request to join, correct?
  • Options
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    Normally when our guild has openings, we get a couple of requests per day to join. Starting about three weeks ago, we have had openings and have had zero requests over that entire time span. Is anyone else experiencing this? It can’t be a fluke to go from multiple per day to none over weeks.

Maybe people don’t want to join your guild.
  • Options
    There is something with the algorithm used for guilds to appear in the basic search list. My old guild had 5 slots open for months and never had anyone choose to join. When we decided to merge with a new guild and had people begin to leave, we had fifteen new people join within about a two hour span. Over that course of time we had ten people to leave so at the end of the two hours we were up to 50/50.

It’s possible that it was just coincidence, but it seems odd to go that long with no one, then when member changes became more active have that many to join.
  • Options
    Same here.. No requests to join for months other than the single one I captured during my recruitment.