Arena Stress

Ok, I've enjoyed this game since the start and spend a bit. I've finished #1 a fair few times, recently a great number of times because I happened to put up RG right from the start.

However, the top 50 in my server are all great teams and well matched and a high number of obvious spenders.

I'm bored of holding on to top ten slots and am getting sick of putting such an effort in, extra crystals, etc.

If I just do my five battles, chill for a while, do you think I'll be able to get back up another time in the future?

Replies

• Gankak
    226 posts Member
    Options
    I play this game for fun.... I hang around 125-140. I don't want to stress over games anymore. You can climb back up if you are willing to spend. I made it to #64 for free.
  • Options
    That makes me feel better ☺ I only want to collect the toons tbh and I keep telling myself it'll be quicker getting more arena shards lol
  • Options
    Just have fun, stress is not what a game should be about, :)
  • Options
    For free I have battled as high as 12 on my server but only finished as high as 21. Using 50 crystals to get 50 more crystals as a reward...meh. Improving a character or two and I will eventually finish in the top 20 but I am always in the mix.
  • Options
    I've been finishing #1 pretty much every day for the past few weeks. I've earned about 8k crystals this way. It's annoying to have to log in, and keep active around payout time. Almost a month and only 8k crystals almost doesn't seem worth it. I've been banking them for the big update. Maybe I'll take a break after that's rolled out and experiment with new things.
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Options
    I always finish top 20/50 typically without ever sitting around at payout time (unless I just so happen to be free at that particular 30 minutes of time, I don't plan a single day of my life around this game). I earn enough to get a cram session in at night when I can and keep a competitive team. I could definitely save up and spend enough crystals to jump top tier prize levels if I tried.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Staying between 50 and 100 pays for the cheap energy bonuses so as long as you stay in that range you will stay competitive. Or just pay the 50 cents a day for the crystal subscription
  • Options
    I am mostly a FTP guy but have bought some crystals to help, I'm just starting to kick butt in arena and I'm not that much about following the meta because now a days it seems anyone can beat everyone. You might be surprised if you changed up a little and don't be so afraid of those typical teams and enjoy yourself.
  • Options
    Always been in the top 20# Never knew Refresh gave you 5 free battles never used it before lol......
  • Options
    I'm bored of holding on to top ten slots and am getting sick of putting such an effort in, extra crystals, etc.

If I just do my five battles, chill for a while, do you think I'll be able to get back up another time in the future?

The upcoming raising of the Level cap would be a good time to chill. For some, they will be rushing to level 80. If you are inclined to be patient, you can chill for a while and stick around the top 20 to 50. In your case, your wish to not put effort or extra crystals into Arena. This way, you also see what the landscape is like and what the new game-play is. When you are feeling competitive again, you can decide on your Arena team and spend a few crystals to return to the top 10.
  • Options
    I've stayed top 20 for awhile usually using one or two of the five battles, I didn't even pay attention to payout time until people started belly aching about getting knocked out of position. I missed 10 days once and only bumped up to the 50-100 range, it was harder to fight back down then it is to stay down.
  • Jsnazz
    349 posts Member
    Options
    The whole point of reminding in the top 10 is like full time job. The only small difference is that you have to pay a hefty price to get there.

Scripted AI await
  • Options
    I do the arena like it's a chore. I do 3-5 a day and try to stay below #200. It gives me enough tokens to farm twice a day in arena shipments. That's enough for me. Besides, I don't have time to battle right before the rewards to get a better rank. I'm cooking dinner and taking care of my kids.
  • Options
    Well one refresh = basically 50 minutes. Not really that bad.

I brush my teeth, make my food, Netflix and chill during that time, it's not exactly 50 minutes of pure concentration like gym or exercise.

It's actually pretty lax.

Source: I used to play WoW
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    Jsnazz wrote: »
    The whole point of reminding in the top 10 is like full time job. The only small difference is that you have to pay a hefty price to get there.

Scripted AI await

What hefty price? Don't need any money or much time to get top 10 if you farmed the good easy to farm toons.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm always in the top 11-20. Best spot i got was Rank 2. The top 10spot is tough depend on the days. Sometime it was a slow day i can grab top 3 spot. Seriously no team i can't beat lol.

I think arena is the best part of the game. Even though match are sometime decide by RNG. Whatever i still enjoy to fight atleast 10 match in arena.