Please give us a button for GAC like in TW

MasterRalf
12 posts Member
edited September 2020
Why can't we leave the GAC if we have to change something before the week starts. Is that so difficult and too much to ask? This is also available in the TW.

Replies

• Options
    From what I read, matchmaking starts the moment you click/tap join. This is what you cannot leave.

That being said, I don't see the harm in having a confirmation button after you click/tap join. Something that says, "Are you sure? You cannot leave once you join and your roster will be locked once you join" or something to that effect.
  • Options
    From what I read, matchmaking starts the moment you click/tap join. This is what you cannot leave.

That being said, I don't see the harm in having a confirmation button after you click/tap join. Something that says, "Are you sure? You cannot leave once you join and your roster will be locked once you join" or something to that effect.

If CG claims that it is a lie ... if it were so I could see the opponents right after joining. But a good idea. If you want to buy a pack there is also a question like that. So the game can do it. But does CG want that?
  • Options
    in German it's totally stupid anyway. It is an almost identical word twice:

Beitreten und Betreten
  • Options
    One thing is clear. Never another game from CG
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    MasterRalf wrote: »

If CG claims that it is a lie ... if it were so I could see the opponents right after joining. But a good idea. If you want to buy a pack there is also a question like that. So the game can do it. But does CG want that?

starting matchmaking and finishing matchmaking are 2 different things. that doesnt mean they are lying.

also, many things in this game to conserve bandwidth, dont update live.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

starting matchmaking and finishing matchmaking are 2 different things. that doesnt mean they are lying.

So then tell me why is it in the TW and not in the GAC. Or why is there no time. e.g. Can you go back up to 6 hours before the start of the GAC? Would that be an improvement?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

So then tell me why is it in the TW and not in the GAC. Or why is there no time. e.g. Can you go back up to 6 hours before the start of the GAC? Would that be an improvement?

TW has an unknown active GP until the end of the join period. a guild could have anywhere from 25-50 players join.

GAC, once you press join your GP is set. so matchmaking can start.

No one is saying they can't make changes to the system for GAC, just explaining why its not as simple as "make it just like TW".
  • Options
    The simple feature I would love to see is a preference for "auto join GAC" I was moving mods back on then 20 minute before 5 pm EST and client called and I didn't manually join. Now I'm out of next three weeks.
  • Options
    You're out of one week.
  • Options
    Oh thanks, now not nearly so upset. Still for all the labor day long weekend in the woods folks, I think auto join for all raids, TW, TB, and GAC is an improvement for quality of life.....ie when I take the family camping or on vacation they don't want me gaming the whole time. Maybe have it as a feature guilds officers can on / off to avoid the no participatation leeches from benefiting if that is the guild rule. But constant on for GAC if I turn on my preference.
  • Options
    This may solve the accidental join issue but there's another related issue -- the forget to join issue. We've gotten good at pinging folks so they don't join (which works well when there isn't a TW in progress) but folks forget to join because they're busy and managed to not accidentally prejoin.

Everyone should be able to hit join whenever they see the button and rejoin if they have the opportunity to make adjustments up until the end of the matchmaking period.
  • Options
    Absolutely agree. I've missed the last 2 GAC because I was changing mods and gearing up while I was at work, got busy, and forgot to sign up before the timer ended. (Lock in is at 5 pm for me, so I'm usually still at work.) Today, I was trying to get into TB quickly to deploy, tapped the wrong button, tapped again, and joined GAC well before I intended to. Having two standards for an event that depends on player participation AND engagement makes zero sense.

With sub-optimized toons, my interest in putting any effort into this week's GA is zero. I'm sure my opponents will notice and apart from an easy win, will feel their time and effort was wasted as well. And people who play GAC aren't doing it for the piddling awards you get for a week's involvement - they're doing it because they enjoy the competition and satisfaction of a hard earned win.

To paraphrase what PrimeForce said so well above:

Everyone should be able to hit "Join" whenever they see the button, and rejoin, to make adjustments, up until the end of the matchmaking period. JUST LIKE TW.
  • Options
    It happens again 😡

CG seit ihr zu dumm für eine vernünftige Lösung? Anscheinend. Sonst hättet ihr da längst eine Lösung gefunden. Ich denke das war’s. Ich habe keine Lust mehr auf dieses scheiss Spiel
  • Options
    Strong +1 on allowing leaving and rejoining until end of preview phase. Once again I accidentally hit Join before straightening out mods and it almost guarantees I will lose at least one battle due just to that.
  • LendersQuiz
    1166 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    If we cannot have a "leave" button for the GAC, is something like what this reddit posted created deemed "too expensive" to do? It is just a simple confirmation button. We have them in the game in other places such as, "are you sure you want to spend these Zeta materials"

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/jrgr09/this_may_have_been_brought_up_once_or_twice_over/

cdcj0tffjl6p.jpg
    Post edited by LendersQuiz on