What is actually considered fast?

I dont focus like i should on mods and im 100%ftp(not sure of this matters but might help)and i was wondering what the overall opinion is about being fast.my fastest toon is bb8 which is about 294 or 296 and most of my roster that i use is over 200 and o thought i was decent until i looked into it and realized maybe im not so fast.i would like to know the community opinion on what is considered fast.im aware this question is kinda broad due to the fact speed may help some toons but they dont necessarily require speed.example being i read droidika dose not need speed but i saw where ppl said that maybe you want him around 200 speed so he can get his charge going.im just curious of yalls opinion on this so i have a better idea on speed pushing forward.im not the best at into kits.i set up my roster thru farming and what i like to play with until i hit a wall and go from there.it works but it's not for everyone.sometimes i luck out like with ewoks or imperial troopers but i spend most of my time lagging behind but i got a roster with potential.i like community opinion.its what makes this game fun.u do what u do and if ur guild dont like it then you move around until they do

Replies

• Options
    Anything over 300 is fast no matter where you are in the game, but I remember a long period of time when my best toons were in the 250-270 range, and I had struggled through months before that when 230 was considered blazing. Ah, the innocent days before mods!

These days it's important to recognize that different toons have different base speeds. So while 450 might be an objectively fast speed, if you're comparing one GL Rey to another, 450 is going to be considered slow.

So a better measure is to compare mods. Does a particular set give you +80? That's not a fast set, since you can get that with a speed arrow (+30) and 5 mods with +10 each on the secondaries. If you're rocking a +80 set, it better be doing more for you than just speed. In fact, if you're using a set of 4 speed mods and the combined speed advantage from your speed arrow primary, your speed secondaries, and your speed set bonus (of +10%, so it changes depending on the toon you put it on) is a total of +80, then that's actually going to be considered bad. (Although if you're an early player just starting to collect mods it still might be the best you have for your first month or two.)

I have a set of 4 CritDamage mods and 2 Crit Chance mods that includes an Offense primary ability on the arrow instead of speed. It includes a critical damage triangle and an offense primary on the plus. The total speed bonus is only +100, but because the set is primarily built to do as much extra damage as possible, +100 as a mere secondary function is quite good!

So first you have to look at the question, Is the primary purpose of this set to get faster? If so, you'll want at least +120 from the primary and secondaries, and then the +10% set bonus for having four of your mods be speed set mods. This will net you about +133-138 these days and would be considered (at least by me) the low-end for a good set of speed mods.

If the primary purpose of the set to do something else? Well, then if you have a speed primary on your arrow, then +115 or +120 would probably be the bottom end of a "good" set of mods that are designed to do something else, but still have a significant emphasis on speed.

If the primary purpose of the set is to do something else and you sacrificed +30 speed on your arrow to get a different primary ability that furthers the core role of that set of mods? Then I'd consider the low-end of "good" to be about +90.

Anyway, that's merely my opinion, but you did ask.
  • Options
    ^concur entirely with @MasterSeedy’s post. I doubt you will find a more reasonable and cognizant answer.
  • Options
    @MasterSeedy , that was an excellent explanation.
  • Options
    Thank you for the info its hard for me to sit still and focus like that.i am better with the long term.the way you broke it down was beastmode.i needed it broke down like that.thank you
  • Options
    If you're fast enough to beat your opponents, you're fast. It's all relative. A +120 speed set could be considered fast on one arena shard, but slow on another.
  • Options
    As a basic rule of thumb ...

You can always be faster.
  • Options
    If you wanna find out how your mod roster stand within your own competetive level (=gac), use the bot to see how you fare against your opponents. After a bit of doing thati you'll figure if you are above or below average.

For example I'm a bit above average for my grade (certainly not the god mods, but the entirety of it), my opponent is average. Where that average sails is different for every gp grade.

v260xafff0nt.png