Does the AI always call first Phantom II on ships defense?

Quim
665 posts Member
edited September 2020
I would like know if I have Cassian in the first spot, Phantom II in the second, Xanadu in third and Vader in 4th as reinforcements in my fleet (HMF, Biggs, HT) if the AI always call Phantom II first, because I would prefer be Cassian always first, by this way dispels all enemy buff and if call the HMF to assist and against another rebel fleet select the enemy HMF or Biggs to attack is a granted kill, the Phatom II is not very useful most of times, on offense usually I always call Cassian first against other rebel fleets, against Negotiator fleets sometimes first Phantom II, there is useful if Anakin still has the loyalty, then I call Cassian second to kill Anakin. I don't think on defense I have a lot of chance against other Negotiator teams because is needed choose good manual actions to defeat that fleet, focusing to kill Anakin as soon as possible, on offense probably always they defeat me lol on defense maybe Phanton II is good against Negotiator teams, but probably would be better be good on defense against other rebel teams or teams with Thrawn with HT, Anakin and Ahsoka, and others like this, so maybe on defense is better no put Phantom II if the AI always call it also if is not in the first spot of reinforcements.

Replies

• Options
    The AI ignores the placement of your reinforcements, and has done for a while.

It favours survivability. The odds are it will never call in Cassian, unless you put other attacker ships in there with him.
  • Options
    The AI ignores the placement of your reinforcements, and has done for a while.

It favours survivability. The odds are it will never call in Cassian, unless you put other attacker ships in there with him.

Curently my reinforcements my best ships are fist Vader, second Cassian, third Xanadu and last Bistan or Phantom II, if I not have Phantom II there it means that Cassian is called first? because Cassian is my first best support, Xanadu and Bistan are support also, Vader is attacker
  • Options
    It pulled Phantom first because Phantom can taunt. It will do the same with Slave 1.

You can see how the AI plays your fleet by starting a battle and putting it on auto.
  • Options
    Phantom is a good first reinforcement(if you have its reinforcement ability maxed) since the capital ship will then call another reinforcement on its third turn
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    It pulled Phantom first because Phantom can taunt. It will do the same with Slave 1.

You can see how the AI plays your fleet by starting a battle and putting it on auto.

I will try that "auto" thing to check if Cassian is called first. If not, I will put Phantom again in my reinforcements lol Yeah as can taunt maybe is like considered a tank, in spite of is an attacker.
    Snowbird13 wrote: »
    Phantom is a good first reinforcement(if you have its reinforcement ability maxed) since the capital ship will then call another reinforcement on its third turn

I know, I have maxed the reinforcement ability, but I prefer Cassian as first reinforcement and wait a little for the last reinforcement, because Cassian calling HMF can kill a ship, I like kill the enemy HMF first lol then the battle is ended and is easy defeat rebel teams. If the enemy has Hound's Tooth then I attack Biggs first with my own Biggs, by this way the enemy HT plays before my Ackbar, then I clean the breach with Ackbar and in the next Ackbar turn I call Cassian to dispel all enemy buff, including the HFM Outmaneuver buff, and I call my HMF against the enemy HMF to kill it and easily win the battle lol I would like if the AI do the same, but it seems first of all the AI is not calling the ships in my desired order, second maybe Cassian not select HMF to attack and maybe select HT or Biggs, and third maybe not call HMF to assist and call my Biggs or my HT lol so anyway there is not a lot of chance to be applied the best strategy on defense.
  • Options
    Even if the AI does reinforce Cassian first there is no guarantee that it will target the enemy HMF or that it will call your HMF to assist.
  • Options
    If the AI worked as well as players did, battles would be much harder.
  • Options
    Even if the AI does reinforce Cassian first there is no guarantee that it will target the enemy HMF or that it will call your HMF to assist.

Already I said it in my previous message lol

Yeah, if CG wants improve their game, instead of add a lot of characters would be better if they start to improve the AI of the current characters lol there are a lot of characters and ship that are very bad on defense.
  • Options
    Quim wrote: »

Yeah, if CG wants improve their game, instead of add a lot of characters would be better if they start to improve the AI of the current characters lol there are a lot of characters and ship that are very bad on defense.
    Now consider what that would mean for your arena climbs and for PVE content like raids and events.
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Options

Now consider what that would mean for your arena climbs and for PVE content like raids and events.

Well everyone would get the deserved rank and would be easier keep the rank and not drop positions during the rest of the day if they improve the AI. They can do it, because sometimes they added good AI, like when JKR always attack Traya first and Nihilus second, maybe they can add more things like attack Fallen Bastila first always and put a correct order when Jolee call a character call Yoda instead of GK lol or in defense Padme not use the healing special if any character has debuff or is very low health, when would be better use it always when is available, there are a lot of things to improve. If the reinforcements in fleet arena were respeting the order and Cassian was calling always HMF and targeting the enemy HMF, then simply who has the fast Cassian would get it, but it would depend of if the enemy cleaned the breach, there are strategies to assure the enemy continue having the breach and then only can target Hound's Tooth, like attack HT first with Biggs, by this way the enemy HT not gains TM and then you can put breach to Biggs, then if calls Cassian would not be able to target HMF because still Biggs would have breach so the HT taunt would not be dispelled, always you can win the AI with some good strategy, but would be nice if the AI is really a AI, an intelligence with intelligent actions, not a random thing lol

• Options

Well everyone would get the deserved rank and would be easier keep the rank and not drop positions during the rest of the day if they improve the AI.
    People not dropping means other people not climbing because for one person to climb, others have to drop. Climbing would get harder and more frustrating, the arenas would stagnate and more people would flock to the forums to complain.
    They can do it, because sometimes they added good AI, like when JKR always attack Traya first and Nihilus second, maybe they can add more things like attack Fallen Bastila first always and put a correct order when Jolee call a character call Yoda instead of GK lol or in defense Padme not use the healing special if any character has debuff or is very low health, when would be better use it always when is available, there are a lot of things to improve. If the reinforcements in fleet arena were respeting the order and Cassian was calling always HMF and targeting the enemy HMF, then simply who has the fast Cassian would get it, but it would depend of if the enemy cleaned the breach, there are strategies to assure the enemy continue having the breach and then only can target Hound's Tooth, like attack HT first with Biggs, by this way the enemy HT not gains TM and then you can put breach to Biggs, then if calls Cassian would not be able to target HMF because still Biggs would have breach so the HT taunt would not be dispelled, always you can win the AI with some good strategy,
    And all of those things you suggest, the defense AI would also do to you when you are attacking. Every single battle you fight would get harder because every single battle you fight is against the AI.
    but would be nice if the AI is really a AI, an intelligence with intelligent actions, not a random thing lol
    No, it really wouldn't.
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    @Rath_Tarr Well only the losers complain, people who want defeat good teams with bad teams lol but if it makes lose money to Capital Games then they will never improve the AI lol but if the money is similar then worth it improve the AI.

The AI would not do the same that I do on offense, because the AI never will be as intellgent than the human intelligence lol there are strategies that is not possible configure in the AI, like the strategy that I explained to prevent the Cassian HT taunt dispel, or other strategies like against Negotiator I never use the HMF Outmaneuver first because I prefer wait when the Negotiator use the AoE to clean the daze, then I use the basic to Fives/Ahsoka first to put taunt to Biggs, then the enemy HT puts breach to Biggs, I use basic with HT to not gain taunt, then Anakin puts healing immunity and buff immunity to Biggs, a total of 3 buff, also if the breach was not applied if the enemy has Fives as got target lock is 3 buff, so HMF dispels all the debuff, then yes I use the HT special, I use AoE with Ackbar who usually dispel the enemy HT taunt and then I target Fives by this way Anakin gets an extra turn and lose the loyalty before I can call a reinforcement, maybe the enemy call the Y-wing but is not important because I call Cassian, dispelling all buff, and I target Anakin, then the rest is easier lol here there are a lot of intelligent things not configurable in the AI by the devs, so if they improve the AI in some important things it would not make impossible defeat the enemies, only the losers without human intelligence would complain lol
  • Options
    So you want the AI to be smarter than some humans, but not smarter than you?
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Now I tried put "auto" in some hard nodes to not waste arena attempts and if I have Cassian first and Phantom II second it calls Phantom II first, and also Xanadu second, not called Cassian, but if I have Cassian first and then Xanadu, Bistan and Vader, then calls Cassian first. The bad thing is that he dispelled a debuff instead of call an ally to assist, in the next turn called HFM to assist, but is not very good if dispels debuff lol, unless is a breach, then would be a good option lol
  • Options
    So you want the AI to be smarter than some humans, but not smarter than you?

lol I want the AI become better than currently in some actions, but never will be better than the human intelligence, including me and including you, so improve the AI will not make impossible defeat players on offense logically, harder but still manageable.
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Now I tried put "auto" in some hard nodes to not waste arena attempts and if I have Cassian first and Phantom II second it calls Phantom II first, and also Xanadu second, not called Cassian, but if I have Cassian first and then Xanadu, Bistan and Vader, then calls Cassian first. The bad thing is that he dispelled a debuff instead of call an ally to assist, in the next turn called HFM to assist, but is not very good if dispels debuff lol, unless is a breach, then would be a good option lol

LOL now played again the same node but it callen Xanadu first this time, then tried not put Xanadu and called Vader first next time. Almost is better play with only 2 reinforcements, Cassian and Bistan, by this way always calls an useful rebel ship and not a ship like Xanadu or Vader that I prefer use in last reinforcements. It seems the only predictable reinforcements are using Phantom II and Ghost, then always call them first, but if you put any other ships then is random, except with the tanks that are called first.

Edited: UPDATE Now tried several times in the last node (the geonosians 10 energy node) and I got an option that were always call Cassian first. Is using Cassian, Bistan, Ahsoka and Anakin. As The first 2 are support and the next 2 are attackers, probably first calls the first best support, which is Cassian, and then the second best support, which is Bistan, and then the third will be Ahsoka. I will try that in arena because seems a better option than if calls Phantom, Xanadu, Cassian and/or Vader. The only bad thing is that if some ally has a debuff then Cassian use the dispel first. Also one time called Hound's Tooth to assist, rest of times called HMF. If calls Biggs is not as bad because gains protection and is 50% chance to call HMF who will call another one, so would be 4 attacks, but at least does more interesting things than Phantom that not does a lot, usually the initial special is against Hound's Tooth and does nothing, and I saw on defense use the special also sometimes, then activate the Biggs taunt or make him recover some protection but is not very useful in comparison with the Cassian abilities.

UPDATE 2: In another 3 attempts it called Cassian always, but one time called Ahsoka as second instead of Bistan. Currently my Ahsoka has more power than Bistan so probably will be a common thing and maybe when Bistan has more power is called first than Ahsoka or Anakin, I will be checking the evolution of it. Also one time tried put Ghost, who is the worst on power because I'm farming the characters and gearing them, but called him as first one time lol so is better not use it, I think always use Phantom II first, then Ghost second, third Cassian, I have other guys with these ships in the reinforcements and are called in that order, and last maybe they use Vader, Bistan, Wedge, but never is called first Cassian before Phantom and Ghost, I think it depends of the power also.
    Post edited by Quim on