Commando Droid - Kit Idea

Yoda_the_fast
127 posts Member
edited September 2020
Description: High damage dealer that can reduce the enemy's Critical Avoidance and assist allies.

Tags: Dark Side, Attacker, Droid, Separatist

Basic - Intimidating Shot - Deal Physical damage to target enemy and gain Critical Damage Up for 1 turn. If the target was Target Locked or a Clone Trooper, attack again, dealing 30% less damage.

Special - Cooldown 3 - Smoke Screen - Deal Special damage to all enemies and dispel all buffs on them. Then, inflict Critical Chance Down for 2 turns, which can't be resisted. This attack can't be countered or evaded.

Special - Cooldown 3 - Sinister Strikes - Deal Physical damage to target enemy 3 times, Daze them for 2 turns, and remove 50% turn meter from them. Then call target Separatist ally to assist, dealing 35% more damage.

Unique - Relentless Killer - Zeta - Whenever Commando Droid uses a special ability it gains 10% Critical Chance until the end of the battle (stacking, max 30%). Target Locked enemies have -35% Defense. (ZETA: Additionally, it has +50% Defense Penetration, +25% Accuracy, and +25% Offense. All other Separatist allies gain half these amounts.)

All feedback is welcome!
Post edited by Yoda_the_fast on

Replies

• Yoda_the_fast
    127 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    P.S. I got some of these names from Battlefront 2
  • Options
    I actually meant to put that, but I got confused with another kit.
  • Options
    The basic's name needs changed as another toon has that as an ability name already. I also agree with Sebek on the critical chance down. I don't see any problems other than that though. Good kit.
  • Options
    The basic's name needs changed as another toon has that as an ability name already. I also agree with Sebek on the critical chance down. I don't see any problems other than that though. Good kit.

Changed the name.
  • Options
    Overall a pretty good kit idea. I do have 2 things in it that bother me thou: Lack of Target Lock usage and the unique in general.
    First the unique. I don't like the effects. The assist is a literal copy from B1's roger roger unique, who is also a Separatist droid. Like seriously we already have both b1 assisting all the time and Driodeka assisting while it has damage immunity. I don't think the Separatist Droids need more assists. On top of that the Target lock effects are a slightly weaker version of General Grievous's leadership. Emphasis on slightly, as grievous has -40% Crit avoidance and -50% defence, while here it's -35%, which is way too close. It's also the biggest Target lock passive effect of all characters with target lock synergy. Which is a really big blow on top of the over stacking with leadership to have. That effect needs to be something different, preferably something a bit weaker. I like the zeta thou.
    The second is the lack of target lock usage. By this I mean an active effect when attacking a target locked enemy. Practically all separatist driod's have something like this (except for General Grievous, who is more against debuffed enemies in genera and has his lead instead). B1 allows droid allies to recover health and protection, B2 inflict Critical damage down, Magnaguard dispels debuffs from separatist allies and driodeka recovers 10% protection. But here he inflicts target lock on the basic (for 1 turn despite every other target lock being turns) but then does nothing if enemies are already target lock. It doesn't necessarily have to be on the basic, it could be on the specials or in the unqiue. But I was expecting at least one "if target enemy is target locked" effect somewhere in the kit. Please add one somewhere.
    Other than these thou, the kit is rather nice. The zeta is just a nice buff, the basic is ok, and the specials are both pretty good. Not badly done at all. Good job.
  • Options
    Ichiraikou wrote: »
    Overall a pretty good kit idea. I do have 2 things in it that bother me thou: Lack of Target Lock usage and the unique in general.
    First the unique. I don't like the effects. The assist is a literal copy from B1's roger roger unique, who is also a Separatist droid. Like seriously we already have both b1 assisting all the time and Driodeka assisting while it has damage immunity. I don't think the Separatist Droids need more assists. On top of that the Target lock effects are a slightly weaker version of General Grievous's leadership. Emphasis on slightly, as grievous has -40% Crit avoidance and -50% defence, while here it's -35%, which is way too close. It's also the biggest Target lock passive effect of all characters with target lock synergy. Which is a really big blow on top of the over stacking with leadership to have. That effect needs to be something different, preferably something a bit weaker. I like the zeta thou.
    The second is the lack of target lock usage. By this I mean an active effect when attacking a target locked enemy. Practically all separatist driod's have something like this (except for General Grievous, who is more against debuffed enemies in genera and has his lead instead). B1 allows droid allies to recover health and protection, B2 inflict Critical damage down, Magnaguard dispels debuffs from separatist allies and driodeka recovers 10% protection. But here he inflicts target lock on the basic (for 1 turn despite every other target lock being turns) but then does nothing if enemies are already target lock. It doesn't necessarily have to be on the basic, it could be on the specials or in the unqiue. But I was expecting at least one "if target enemy is target locked" effect somewhere in the kit. Please add one somewhere.
    Other than these thou, the kit is rather nice. The zeta is just a nice buff, the basic is ok, and the specials are both pretty good. Not badly done at all. Good job.

Thanks for the feedback! I changed a bit of it. I changed the basic and special. Any other problems?