why do opponents always heal when GAS attacks?

MasterSeedy
5040 posts Member
edited September 2020
Between his attacks, opponents will heal. It happens in more than one game mode as well, though I admit it was the AB today that made me think I should finally ask someone what's going on. I'm just wondering what's going on here. It doesn't happen with other toons & I can't find an easy answer elsewhere.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    They're not healing , their max HP is being reduced with each hit GAS gives them without protection (is in the kit)

It may appear as healing, but their max health is getting lower and lower each time,

Let me put some maths on it

Let's say GAS hits the 10,000 HP enemy, and he does 2,100 dmg, GAS unique, if I'm not wrong, reduces 20% Max health, so, the New enemy Max health will be 8000 HP, with that hit, it would be 7,900 HP left on the enemy, but due to his max health now being 8,000, he is closer to the max than he would be if the enemy still had 10,000

That's why IT appears like it is healing, but it's not

Hope I explained myself
  • Options
    Garrrr.

That makes total sense that the display would make max health reduction look like healing. I get it now, thank you.
  • Options
    It would be clearer if they would reduce the size of the health meter with every max reducing effect. Or grey out the part of the health meter that has been removed.
    Or better yet, put out numbers showing current health, like ([health]/[max health]) that way we can see health on characters increasing their max health over time as well.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    The confusion on the health display has always caused some confusion when max health is adjusted. For a long time, people though Nihilus wasn't gaining max health on Annihilate because the bar would stay filled to the same percentage.

I have long wanted them to just put x/y numbers below the big health bar st the top. This would certainly help in estimating if an attack could finish someone off or not.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    The confusion on the health display has always caused some confusion when max health is adjusted. For a long time, people though Nihilus wasn't gaining max health on Annihilate because the bar would stay filled to the same percentage.

I have long wanted them to just put x/y numbers below the big health bar st the top. This would certainly help in estimating if an attack could finish someone off or not.

It would also really help with Rey's kit.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH