Does the game support 120Hz?

Hi!

The question is very simple - does the game support 120Hz? That is, will there be a difference in the picture on the iPad Pro and on a simple iPad? (I do not mean the speed of the game, but only the picture - its smoothness)

with best regards,

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Honestly, I'm not sure many games out there is supporting that frame rate at this time.
  • Options
    It doesnt even support 60 fps on phones...
  • Options
    XaVii wrote: »

So does the phone (tablet) itself not increase the number of frames in the game? Doesn't generate intermediate frames?
  • Options
    The iPad Pro will adjust frame rate to match App capabilities.

CG builds for the lowest common denominator (Android). Don’t often see support from CG for advanced Apple capabilities.
  • Options
    Serge wrote: »

So does the phone (tablet) itself not increase the number of frames in the game? Doesn't generate intermediate frames?

How would the tablet know what to generate for an 'intermediate frame'? It can't predicate what the app is going to draw in the next frame when the app actually draws.

On a side note, in your title you mention 120Hz, this would be a screen refresh rate which is independent of frame rate (fps).
  • Options
    Fanatic wrote: »

How would the tablet know what to generate for an 'intermediate frame'? It can't predicate what the app is going to draw in the next frame when the app actually draws.

On a side note, in your title you mention 120Hz, this would be a screen refresh rate which is independent of frame rate (fps).

You’re right to point out the distinction between refresh rate and frame rate, but with the prominence of motion smoothing in TVs, it’s not unreasonable for people to wonder if the feature exists In tablets
  • Options
    Fanatic wrote: »

This. ^^^

If your device refreshes at 120 or 240 or even 600Hz that's a device refresh rate. I can play swgoh on my 55' TV with 240Hz. Or my brother's old plasma that has 600Hz refresh rate.

Since the device puts out more fps than the game, in either case the device just displays what the game outputs.

Hz refresh rates mainly impact live sports making them choppy at 60Hz but shouldn't impact anything created like gaming or TV shows.