Physical crit chance amount = what crit chance % increase?

Richfxxx
449 posts Member
edited September 2020
I wondered how you work this out?

Example a piece of gear adds 680 physical crit chance. So what percentage increase in crit chance is that exactly and how do you work it out?

Seems weird that the gear piece value is shown as a fixed number whereas crit chance is displayed as a percentage.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Magruffin
    786 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    My take:
    Theres a base value for every stat, in your example the piece adds 680 to x (where x is your current base stat for crit chance). Percent bonus (from mods that increase cc by percent) is then derived from that base value and added to it.
    I think the game displays total crit as a percent as that's what it is, you have a percentage that may grant you a crit (ie 25% is a 1 in 4, 50% is 1 in 2, etc). The whole number gear adds to the base number that the percent is calculated on.
    So say you had a base value of 100 cc; the percent would then be based off that value. Adding your 680 to the 100 now gives you a higher base value, and in turn better chances/higher percent). I'm not sure of the max value cc base can go to, but I image the calculation to figure cc is base value multiplied by any % increases from mods, divided by max value x 100 to give the total cc%
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    edited September 2020
    Options
    You can google to see if anyone's figured out the formula for crit chance; I know they've done it for defense.

But it's the same deal where there's some physical value and then a formula is used to calculate the percent. I don't know if CC has the same kind of diminishing returns that defense does.
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • Ragnarok_COTF
    1789 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    You can google to see if anyone's figured out the formula for crit chance; I know they've done it for defense.

But it's the same deal where there's some physical value and then a formula is used to calculate the percent. I don't know if CC has the same kind of diminishing returns that offense does.

I assume you meant "defense" in your last sentence. If you did, there aren't actually diminishing returns. If you get the formula to convert the integer armor value into %armor and calculate how eHP [(HP/(1-arm%)] changes with each point of defense, there are no diminishing returns. That is, each point of defense adds the same amount to eHP.
  • Options
    I believe it's roughly +22 = +1%, if memory serves. I worked it out by noting the crit chance before and after equipping a gear piece with a flat crit chance value.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

But it's the same deal where there's some physical value and then a formula is used to calculate the percent. I don't know if CC has the same kind of diminishing returns that offense does.

I assume you meant "defense" in your last sentence. If you did, there aren't actually diminishing returns. If you get the formula to convert the integer armor value into %armor and calculate how eHP [(HP/(1-arm%)] changes with each point of defense, there are no diminishing returns. That is, each point of defense adds the same amount to eHP.

Yes, I did mean defense. I was talking about the diminishing returns of the increase in defense % the higher you get. I didn't think about effective survivability; that's an interesting point.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, that makes sense