Tanking Arena for easier GW.

Dev_Str
137 posts Member
Devs have stated that one factor used by the matchmaking to calculate GW opponent's power was the highets power of your last Arena team. With my F2P account, I decided to sacrifice my Arena rank to verify if this would make my Galactic War easier.
Since level 45, I kept the same Arena team (Lvl 45 Jawa, Lvl 30 Chewie, Lvl 8-15 Ewok scout, Clone Sergent and Snowtrooper). About 5K Power.
Now I'm Lvl 57 with purpled geared IG-86, IG-88, Daka, Lumi, GS.
Conclusion : by now, the highest teams I faced were lvl 52 teams. At the beginning of the GW, it's almost a one-shot party with teams 20 lvls below mine. I'll go on and see if this change.
I don't pretend this is a proof or anything like that. Just my observations I that I wanted to share.

Replies

• Options
    Well, it is a proof, and we knew this anyway. Why would EA tell us false information, especially when they gain nothing out of doing so? This is one tactic of having an easier GW, but they are possible to complete with a maxed out arena team, because I complete it everyday, and get rank 1 everyday, and I'm F2P. I honestly don't see the point in sacrificing one method of farming to make another easier, when it's possible that keeping up in arena, will give you more tokens, and you'll still be able to complete GW.
  • Options
    I'm usually in the top 20 and I complete it every day, it isn't worth losing out on the crystals just for an easier time in GW.
  • Darling_Ventress
    376 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Is it based on team power or highest hero level? I want to try this out by using my newest, un-starred, low power toons, but they are all the same level as my regular arena team. I would play my first arena of the day with them, and then try GW to see if it is easier. 1 hour should not cause me to lose that much in arena placement.

I'm still making good progress without the cheat, but it would be nice to utilize if I get caught in a bind, and really need the rewards.
  • Options
    No, GW match making is based on the highest squad power that you have won with when attacking someone else in arena.
  • Dev_Str
    137 posts Member
    Options
    @VastDeath : Of course, you don't need to do this to finish GW. On my main account, I finish top 10 in Arena and complete easily my GW evry day :smile: But I did that because I was curious.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    GW became harder after the matchmaking before it was MUCH easier. Now it's a lot tougher, only going to become tougher.
  • Options
    I have a similar post about my experience too. Problem is once you win any single arena battle with a high powered team you cannot tank. You would have to wait until all the arena teams pass you while you build up your squad. Once you win with a 25k power team you cannot go backwards and start using a 10k power team
  • Dev_Str
    137 posts Member
    Options
    @Baldo You probably know it, but to destroy difficulty in GW, you have to use a jedi team. I had some hard time completing GW, but since I run a Bariss / Yoda / QGJ / Ahsoka / Lumi team, it turned into a piece of cake. From time to time, I have replace one character with Sid/Maul to counter another Jedi Team, but this work whatever matchmaking put in front of me.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Dev_Str wrote: »
    @Baldo You probably know it, but to destroy difficulty in GW, you have to use a jedi team. I had some hard time completing GW, but since I run a Bariss / Yoda / QGJ / Ahsoka / Lumi team, it turned into a piece of cake. From time to time, I have replace one character with Sid/Maul to counter another Jedi Team, but this work whatever matchmaking put in front of me.

Yes you're right!!
  • LMYYYKS
    333 posts Member
    Options
    This is exactly what I'm doing now, since my best team cannot climb too much in ranking (max #1000), so I'm tanking arena to get all the GW rewards everyday, trying to play catch-up.
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Options
    I am farming the shards to 7* all my arena-relevant toons and holding them off there. Not only will this allow me to complete GW every day but also reduce the time dedicated to it (which can reach two hours if the game decides to dump eight straight 35 star/all gear 8 cancer from nodes 4-12). It also will allow me to reach almost 10 million credits by Thursday for the cap increase which will call for about a million per day on average to level up my core heroes. One day I will then 7* everybody and make a run at #1. Have been close before obvious merge suddenly has me scratching and clawing for 100 when I had been easily top 30 for weeks on end.
  • Darling_Ventress
    376 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Just tried this method. It makes GW definitely easier. Even so, I still lost 2 heroes.
    No satisfaction from defeating the teams, but very happy to reap the harvest.
    I lost a few places in Arena over the short time it took to complete GW, but that is easily recovered.
    Post edited by Darling_Ventress on