Mace Lead ability

I have used Mace as lead and can't see any deference in my Jedi attack. His lead ability is 20% offinse and 9% critical hit does any one know if it is working the way it should? Or is it another lead ability that needs to be fixed?

Replies

• Options
    I guess no one has any thoughts on this..
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Options
    I use him as leader for Ls farming/missions. Haven't noticed any problems. Jedi's crit like crazy.
  • Options
    Not when I'm using him plus with 20% offense they should be hitting harder than normal but it seems the same to me.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I use him all the time in the LS battles. Don't have any hard evidence that he's working though. My Jedi do seem to crit a bit more often. +20% just isn't very noticeable (2000 dam -> 2400dam), especially when it's not jumping out at you like crits.

I wonder if the crit damage is 170% (dam * (1+0.5+0.2)) or 180% (dam * 1.2 * 1.5).
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    My mace lead works just fine. Stop using it tho because it's trash in this current Meta
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    Ok thanks for the info hope he becomes more useful in the next meta
  • Options
    Use him in the tank challenge but not as leader since it applies only to jedi, I use Chewie instead.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Use him in the tank challenge but not as leader since it applies only to jedi, I use Chewie instead.

Defense stat and defense up are irrelevant. At least Mace lead helps Mace.
  • Options

Fett is my lead on those
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Ravenclaw wrote: »
    I have used Mace as lead and can't see any deference in my Jedi attack. His lead ability is 20% offinse and 9% critical hit does any one know if it is working the way it should? Or is it another lead ability that needs to be fixed?

That's why I quit using Mace.. he is broken in my opinion. Not just as leader but he doesn't even make my 3rd string squad...
  • Options
    I use him he does hit hard granted not as hard as Jedi of his status. But if I'm going to have a leader for defense I'm using Eath he gives 55% vs Chewie 40. But I'm mainly running an all Jedi team in Arena right now with Lumi and QGJ as lead switching back and forth depending on the team I'm facing.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    I did the same battle (LS 5F) four times with the same squad - Mace, Ahsoka, JC, QGJ, Lum, and Chewie (borrowed). I kept the borrowed Chewie as close in power as possible to make things as even as possible. In two battles, Mace led. In the other two, QGJ led. I only used basic attacks, and being quite overpowered for this mission, no hero died or dropped below 50% health. Mace's leader ability is at L5 (17.5% damage, +6% crit chance). QGJ's is +19 speed.
    Mace leader results: 25 crit, 23 norm (48 attacks). Crit% 52%. Mace avg. damage: 2860
    QGJ leader results: 26 crit, 28 norm (54 attacks). Crit% 48%. Mace avg. damage: 2575

The difference in this rather small sample size was +4% crit chance and +11% damage (I only marked down Mace's damage, but it was fairly consistent for JC as well). This is a bit below the advertised rates for Mace's leader ability, but not insignificant. Increasing the sample size might nail the numbers down a bit better, but it was tedious enough to collect that data that I opted not to do 6 or 8 battles :) As the first two stages vary a bit in terms of #enemies and their type, it's certainly not an exhaustive test, but hope that helps.
  • Options
    Timitock wrote: »

Defense stat and defense up are irrelevant. At least Mace lead helps Mace.

It's all irrelevant, I just auto the top tier challenge anyway.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    I just 7*, max geared Mace and his basic hits pretty hard, especially if he's over 50% health. The random expose is a little frustrating because he would be a beast if it was less random. He can take a beating, though.
  • Options
    @kalidor
    thanks for that it shows some of his abilities are working I figured he would be great since it's Mace. Such an iconic Jedi figure and he doesn't live up to my expectations or others I'm sure.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    I got him on a Bronzium draw so was willing to take a chance on him. He's L65 at 5* with maxed gear and 6-4-5-5 abilities for me, and performing about as I'd expect a 5* to. The 11K health definitely helps.
    However, Shatterpoint would be a lot more useful if it affected all enemies instead of a random one, determining the expose chance on a per-hero basis and perhaps lowering the expose chance to compensate. I find the expose gets resisted a lot, so it might balance out, especially since only Mace can take advantage of it. And for some reason, Mace always seems to expose Sidious for me when he's present.
  • Options
    Im actually really enjoying Mace lead, Ahsoka, Lumi, Yoda, Poggle all 70/7*/max gear. Everyone hits like a truck and has a great HP pool. Not in arena of course but maybe after they do the speed balance...