Zam questions (gasp!)

Alright,

So we were having a discord discussion about Thermal Detonators with some of my guild's newer members and in my digging for answers I came across some odd mechanics with Zam:

1 - her basic, it says it detonates all TDs on the target, but not all character's TDs inflict the same amount of damage. Is the game processing each TD as "from the person who applied it" when Zam uses her basic or are they all exploding at her 30% health damage? Afterall, they aren't exploding on their own by the turn start trigger.

2 - what is this malarkey about "modify potency by 0.02% * physical/special damage" on Zam's special ability "See What Sticks"? Greedo has the same mechanic built into his toss, but Dengar doesn't.

dkz75tvc3uay.png

Replies

• crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    edited October 2020
    Options
    It does seem that thermals do different damage based on the applying character. The potency thing was added during the changes to thermals I believe, and most thermal characters have that. I think it was to give the thermals a better chance of sticking, but I don't remember. I'm not sure why Dengar's missing it. That could be an oversight/bug, or maybe they were thinking he gets tenacity down first, except that I don't see where the thermals are conditional on him scoring at least one crit.
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    This reddit thread gives a rundown of the different amounts of %health damage that various effects do, including the different thermal detonators. It's a bit old, so some of the info might have been changed, but I imagine it's still pretty close.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/bgfcqo/relatively_indepth_list_of_percent_maxhealth/
  • Options
    Oh I know they all do different (Mob Enforcer for the win), I'm just curious how it's processed when Zam is the one detonating them.

Cheers everyone. Thanks!
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Oh I know they all do different (Mob Enforcer for the win), I'm just curious how it's processed when Zam is the one detonating them.

Cheers everyone. Thanks!

Yeah, the damage is linked to the effect, not the method of detonation. So the damage it's marked with when it's applied should be what happens. Like dots, I believe it's actually the target who is the one doing the damage to themselves. That's why thermals can't proc zombie's sacrifice.
  • Options
    @crzydroid cheers thanks!
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Also TD's can crit. There is a nice bug not sure if they fixed it, where Aalya can stun an opponent when a thermal explodes on her.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    The potency thing just makes TDs very hard to resist. I assume dengar doesn't have it because he doesn't apply TDs directly, they are just automatically inflicted (and presumably not resistible) if he gets the requisite number of crits on his AOE.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    As the damage dealt is specified by the character applying the TD i don't think that it matters 'when' or 'by whom' they got triggered but just 'that' it happens.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn