JKL no synergy with rebels

Prev1
Tcetter
55 posts Member
edited October 2020
I know this is probably been discussed ad nauseam but did we ever get a clear answer as to why JKL has no rebel synergy? That doesn’t make any sense that we have to use him with other Jedis that he had no connection with.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    balance
  • Options
    Tcetter wrote: »
    I know this is probably been discussed ad nauseam but did we ever get a clear answer as to why JKL has no rebel synergy? That doesn’t make any sense that we have to use him with other Jedis that he had no connection with.

Why do you know this, but insist on asking yet again. You couldn't just look for one of the other topics?

I searched and couldn’t find anything sorry to inconvenience you you could have just not clicked on the post.
  • Options
    flux_rono wrote: »
    balance

I get that. It’s just disappointing because he has more of a connection to rebels than Jedi.
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    People have literally beaten this topic to death. It's because of balance.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2020
    Options
    People have literally beaten this topic to death. It's because of balance.

If it's been beat to death, maybe it can be beaten back to life.....never know until you try.

OP, we have a general statement that tags may be omitted due to game balance reasons.

As he said in the movie "I am a jedi. Like my father before me". As for who is on his team, this is a game about a game in a cantina. We can have characters playing standing next to a younger/older version of themselves, or mortal enemies on the same team...... I find Luke teamed with other jedi, less odd than either of those. But that's just me.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    I'm glad. I needed a LSTB Jedi team.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    D4n040798 wrote: »
    I still don’t understand. Can’t they give Luke some synergies with Rebels and still keep what they currently have that makes him a Jedi (Jedi’s Will, Heroes Arise, etc)? It would make more players happy and therefore bring balance to the community who’s playing SWGOH.
    You really need to let it go.

It would make you and the OP happy. Not seen anyone else complaining.
  • Options
    You don’t know how many people are upset with Luke that just chose not to say anything.
    You also don't know how many more are fine with it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I still don’t understand. Can’t they give Luke some synergies with Rebels and still keep what they currently have that makes him a Jedi (Jedi’s Will, Heroes Arise, etc)? It would make more players happy and therefore bring balance to the community who’s playing SWGOH.

They could, but it would then lead to an even more complicated and caveated kit than he already has.

It's ok for it to not be there and we can all just accept it and be happy.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    You don’t know how many people are upset with Luke that just chose not to say anything. So it could be more people than me and the OP that were brave enough to say anything.

It doesnt matter how many players you think are upset by this. More players would be upset with an extremely complex kit or an extremely OP toon.

It's ok, learn to let things go, especially when they are in a game, and you will be happier in life.
  • Options
    You don’t know that more players would be upset with Luke with the Rebel tag vs Luke without the Rebel tag. You can THINK that but you can’t truly KNOW.
    So if you can't truly know, why change? Do you see a vocal majority being upset about it?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    You don’t know that more players would be upset with Luke with the Rebel tag vs Luke without the Rebel tag. You can THINK that but you can’t truly KNOW.

Generally speaking players are upset when kits are overly complicated or OP. So it is likely that more players would be upset in general over those points than care about this minor detail. Because players that dont cate about this would still be upset by the other 2 options.
  • Options
    So why would it not apply the other way around. What if they didn't give him the rebel tag and let it unfold from there (as it is now)?

What did you get? A handful of people being overly upset about the tag and that's the end of it.
  • Options
    Didn't you already beat this to death in the other thread? Take a deep breath and let it go
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The only way you can ever truly know is if they give Luke a Rebel tag and let it unfold from there, but since they won’t, we won’t know and you won’t be able to prove it, so you can’t say that.

Nope, we know.

Game balance is important to 100% of the players, his tag situation isn't any concern of nearly that many players.
  • Options
    If you’re so sure more people would be upset with the Rebel tag added to Luke, prove it then.
    The part you don't seem to grasp is that the only person they would need to prove it to is you. It is of 0 interest to a multi-million dollar company to invest any effort into upsettng hundreds of thousands of player only so that at the end of the day you can say "Oh you were right, now I get it.".
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    If you’re so sure more people would be upset with the Rebel tag added to Luke, prove it then. Call CG, talk to them about this, write down what they say, copy it word for word, then show it to me on here. Only if they give a good enough reason for the Rebel tag being left out OTHER than balance, I’ll let it go. If you’re brave enough to say more people would be upset with the Rebel tag than without it, you should be brave enough to prove your point.

Just so you are aware, go read basically any new kit release of the past 5 or more meta toons, you will see people calling it OP. That should be enough proof, that your method of proving this would be exactly what everyone is saying.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    w2ziwdmb7tu1.gif
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    If you’re so sure more people would be upset with the Rebel tag added to Luke, prove it then. Call CG, talk to them about this, write down what they say, copy it word for word, then show it to me on here. Only if they give a good enough reason for the Rebel tag being left out OTHER than balance, I’ll let it go. If you’re brave enough to say more people would be upset with the Rebel tag than without it, you should be brave enough to prove your point.
    Because everyone cares so much about one random player letting it go that they would call CG

DarthNoscoper#6969
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah it's you and OP.
  • Options
    Got you there, didn’t I?
    No, you absolutely did not get me there.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    I can’t look up the most recent kit reveals because I don’t know where to go to look them up. That’s why I said for you to talk to CG, write down what they say, and show it to me on here.

How is this our problem?
  • Options
    I can’t look up the most recent kit reveals because I don’t know where to go to look them up. That’s why I said for you to talk to CG, write down what they say, and show it to me on here.
    Oh come on, that’s extraordinary piffle and you know it.

There’s a subsection of this forum called Arena & Character Strategy that contains all Kit reveals. Suggesting that you couldn’t locate that is, at best, a cutesy half truth.

If you want to know why Rebel synergy would be bad, consider the following aspects of JKL’s kit:

- stalwart advance. Can you imagine Jedi’s will being applied to Chewy, Han, CLS? Total carnage.

- heroes arise. Can you imagine being able to call Chewy, Han, CLS +1 whilst cleansing all of their debuffs?

The thing I find odd about your campaign, is that you’ve not made clear exactly what synergy you’d like him to have with Rebels. Well, that and your claim that several whales left the game because JKL wasn’t given Rebel synergy. That I find extremely far fetched.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Just because players aren’t complaining doesn’t completely mean that they are fine with Luke. There will be some players that are not happy with Luke but they chose not to say anything to anyone. So the ratio of players not happy with Luke to players that are fine with Luke, it could be that there are more people upset with Luke than people that are fine with Luke and half of those people were to shy to speak their minds. Don’t you think that’s a fair point?

I don't think it matters.
  • Options
    Just because players aren’t complaining doesn’t completely mean that they are fine with Luke. There will be some players that are not happy with Luke but they chose not to say anything to anyone. So the ratio of players not happy with Luke to players that are fine with Luke, it could be that there are more people upset with Luke than people that are fine with Luke and half of those people were to shy to speak their minds. Don’t you think that’s a fair point?
    No, I don’t think this is a fair point.

You’re proposing a change to a character’s kit that dozens and dozens of users have pointed out would negatively affect the balance of the game. Conversely, there have been approx 2 people who want the change, though have not stated any discernible reason why the change would be a good thing in relation to the actual mechanics of the game. Just some romantic notion of being true to lore.

Suggesting that the devs should make the change you’re suggesting because more than 50% of the entire player base might silently agree with you is a pretty big stretch.

• Options
    You don’t know what they are thinking because you haven’t talked to them. So you can’t say what’s on their minds.

• Options
    I didn’t say there ARE as many people unhappy with Luke as I said. I only said there COULD be that many people unhappy with Luke. I wouldn’t know if that many people are actually unhappy because I didn’t talk to them. I was merely GUESSING how many people are unhappy with Luke, not saying I know that for a fact.
    Exactly. You’re suggesting the devs change a game interaction on a guess.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    There could be people that want C3PO to have Sith synergy too.
  • Options
    You know how they say we learn? Trial and error. They may have tried it among themselves, but they need to try it with the players. If they’re not sure how it’ll go with the players, it would be best to try it anyway and let it unfold from there. If the players like it, great. If they don’t like it and they want it taken out, that is okay too. No pain, no gain. No trial and error, you don’t learn anything.

They have beta testers.

I’m going to leave you to your crusade. It’s totally clear that you won’t change your view. I won’t either, but I will back away from arguing about it.