Ground War - Assault Battles Tier 3

This is what happens when you allow your game developer to make something "difficult" the easiest way possible for them to implement. They add 1000% turn meter at the start and your Relic 7 and two Relic 5 characters die before you can even move. Yay!

drt1lg4hbg1s.jpg

Replies

  • Ultra
    6696 posts Member
    if you use the right toons you will win 100% of the time!
  • Well, no.

    I use the right toons but misplayed the finishing move on p3, so I killed the last p3 toon with JKL, then started out p4 with no JKL turn meter & high cool down on the special granting him a bonus turn. I lost.

    But you will win 100% of the time the AB comes around, even if it takes you a couple tries to do it.
  • What are the right toons then?
  • mariogsh
    84 posts Member
    edited October 17
    What are the right toons then?

    JKL leadership is the key and rng
    You need to survive the initial onslaught lol

    I would love to have a JKL leadership type of ability on every faction, seems to make the AB playable, since they now have a reasonable speed instead of the 2000 they usually do lol

    Sadly, I don't own JKL, so, never gonna do it till I unlock him
  • Ultra
    6696 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    if you use the right toons you will win 100% of the time!

    This is typical of CG_Ultra. You're doing it wrong.....

    I'm using what I saw in a video on youtube. Even if I have the "right" toons, I shouldn't be losing relic 7 characters before I can even move. Thank you for totally missing the point of this, as you usually do if it is a critique of CG.
    What IS the point?

    Bring in JKR so that you can proc savior and take a turn before any of your Jedi die

    You can bring in Shaak Ti for that extra TM to make up for the speed difference

    You can bring in Old Ben for that extra TM gain each time a jedi ally is damaged

    And so on and so forth
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    if you use the right toons you will win 100% of the time!

    This is typical of CG_Ultra. You're doing it wrong.....

    I'm using what I saw in a video on youtube. Even if I have the "right" toons, I shouldn't be losing relic 7 characters before I can even move. Thank you for totally missing the point of this, as you usually do if it is a critique of CG.
    What IS the point?

    Bring in JKR so that you can proc savior and take a turn before any of your Jedi die

    You can bring in Shaak Ti for that extra TM to make up for the speed difference

    You can bring in Old Ben for that extra TM gain each time a jedi ally is damaged

    And so on and so forth

    I used JKL lead, GK, Shaak Ti, GMY, and Jolee this time just to see how it would go. I needed Jolee to revive characters who died before I even had a chance to move. And yes I was able to use JKL's Hero's Arise move at the end of each wave to stun the next wave and slow them down. It is possible, but I shouldn't have to deal with AI going 4-5 times before I can even move because that's the only way they know how to make it "tougher".

    For beating Tier TWO and THREE, you get the below rewards. This kinda feels like completing the 10,000 wins in Squad Arena gets you 50 crystals, 5 Vader shards and 700K credits. lol Tier One has better rewards and I can full auto that one. But hey, at least we don't have to deal with Darth Sidious in this Assault Battle hitting relic'd characters for 250K damage with an AOE! (Not that they'll fix that anytime soon either.)

    nh7t9v2xxaqk.jpg
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    if you use the right toons you will win 100% of the time!

    This is typical of CG_Ultra. You're doing it wrong.....

    I'm using what I saw in a video on youtube. Even if I have the "right" toons, I shouldn't be losing relic 7 characters before I can even move. Thank you for totally missing the point of this, as you usually do if it is a critique of CG.
    What IS the point?

    Bring in JKR so that you can proc savior and take a turn before any of your Jedi die

    You can bring in Shaak Ti for that extra TM to make up for the speed difference

    You can bring in Old Ben for that extra TM gain each time a jedi ally is damaged

    And so on and so forth

    I used JKL lead, GK, Shaak Ti, GMY, and Jolee this time just to see how it would go. I needed Jolee to revive characters who died before I even had a chance to move. And yes I was able to use JKL's Hero's Arise move at the end of each wave to stun the next wave and slow them down. It is possible, but I shouldn't have to deal with AI going 4-5 times before I can even move because that's the only way they know how to make it "tougher".

    For beating Tier TWO and THREE, you get the below rewards. This kinda feels like completing the 10,000 wins in Squad Arena gets you 50 crystals, 5 Vader shards and 700K credits. lol Tier One has better rewards and I can full auto that one. But hey, at least we don't have to deal with Darth Sidious in this Assault Battle hitting relic'd characters for 250K damage with an AOE! (Not that they'll fix that anytime soon either.)

    nh7t9v2xxaqk.jpg

    Well, tbh, I'm grateful that the better rewards are on an easier tier
    I can complete tier 2 on this AB (after ton of RNG, **** Griveous) but not on a lot of them
    I can't complete even tier 1 of Secrets and Shadows (not even mythic yet, lol) and the rewards from tier 2 and 3 are not that great, but they help a bit

    However, not acquiring them does not hurt me that much, instead, it hurts me a lot not being able to complete tier 1 due to the Z, finalizers and kyros

    So, for less advanced players with lower GP, I'm grateful that the better rewards are more accesible
  • Ultra
    6696 posts Member
    If your complaint is that the rewards for Challenge Tier 3 is pretty bad compared to the amount of effort and investment required, then yeah, I agree with you there

    But that wasn’t your point in your OP, and if your complaint is enemies are fast (a lot of speed) than meh.

    CT3 needs much much much better rewards 100%
  • Is it possible to beat without JKL? I’ve managed to reach p2 but is it worth the headache even trying until I unlock him?
  • I got by stars in tier 3. JKL, GAS, GMYoda, Jolee, Revan. Use JKLs special on the last guy so JKL goes first at the start of each phase. Easy peasy if you have the toons. I did revive with Jolee twice. Hardest part was surviving the initial onslaught. Took 3 retries to get the right start.
  • Line up to finish it is JKL, GAS, GMY, Jolee and HODA..

    You'll lose 1 or 2 people in wave 1 (and as long as it isn't Jolee and JKL you should be good to go) after that it is just a free win
    #JediFactionRework2018
  • it's incredibly easy with JKL, so just as usual with this community - it's a player problem
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Sewpot
    1353 posts Member
    edited October 17
    amx5h04cdgnt.jpeg
    p9wsrwnld0wt.jpeg
    kquywqujsoht.jpeg
    Save hero’s arise for the last enemy just before they are dead and have Luke’s stun ready.
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    it's incredibly easy with JKL, so just as usual with this community - it's a player problem

    Again, that's not the point I was making. How do you even start Hero's arise if half your team is dead in wave one because the AI takes 15 turns before you can even move, like I showed above in the picture? That happened a good 5 or 6 times.

    With that, I spend a long time getting through the entire tier after I can finally survive through the initial blast, and the rewards are the same as the tier I just did full auto on.

    So, it's a combination of the two. Too much time invested vs crazy TM loading for little reward. If RNG isn't nice to you, you restart multiple times which takes even more time to get through.
  • its just the first wave thats "difficult". I had to restart 4 times to get it to work out. From there it's pretty easy
  • I completed with jkl, hoda, gas, shaak ti and gmy
    The only rng was getting through to the first turn without gmy dying then it was pretty easy
  • RandomSithLord
    1894 posts Member
    edited October 17
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    it's incredibly easy with JKL, so just as usual with this community - it's a player problem

    Again, that's not the point I was making. How do you even start Hero's arise if half your team is dead in wave one because the AI takes 15 turns before you can even move, like I showed above in the picture? That happened a good 5 or 6 times.
    You mod your team better, for starters. I didn't lose anyone in the opening (did not even have Jolee in the team).

    There are some Assault Battles where Challenge Tier 3 is absurdly difficult. The Jedi AB is not one of them. If you have trouble completing this one, you should revise what you are doing.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    it's incredibly easy with JKL, so just as usual with this community - it's a player problem

    Again, that's not the point I was making. How do you even start Hero's arise if half your team is dead in wave one because the AI takes 15 turns before you can even move, like I showed above in the picture? That happened a good 5 or 6 times.

    With that, I spend a long time getting through the entire tier after I can finally survive through the initial blast, and the rewards are the same as the tier I just did full auto on.

    So, it's a combination of the two. Too much time invested vs crazy TM loading for little reward. If RNG isn't nice to you, you restart multiple times which takes even more time to get through.

    So what's your point? That you're unable to use the right team or take advantage of the given mechanics? Ultra already pointed out the possibilities:
    - JKR savior triggering to give that jedi a bonus turn
    - Shaak-Ti getting TM when being dmged
    - OB getting TM when allies are being dmged
    and when one of the jedis takes a turn use Heroes Arise to give JKL 100% TM, use his mass stun and stabilize from there on. And before completing each wave using basics on the last 1-2 enemies to refill specials and time a Heroes Arise kill on the last enemy to start with JKL at 100% TM into the next wave.

    It's. So. Darn. Easy.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • It's easy if you have a full R7 jedi squad lead by JKL; seems like wining tiers 3 has a huge paywall and is time consuming for a none worth reward.
    And I agree : preloaded TM and insane speed is not fun; it's frustrating.
  • seems like wining tiers 3 has a huge paywall
    You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.
  • So basically tier 3 is designed to only be beatable with one specific character? And if you do have it it’s really easy unless you have bad luck in the first wave? Why design content in that way? Seems like a sub optimal way to use scarce developer resources to add content. The majority of players can’t benefit from playing it and those few who can will not find it fun.
  • scuba
    12477 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    it's incredibly easy with JKL, so just as usual with this community - it's a player problem

    Again, that's not the point I was making. How do you even start Hero's arise if half your team is dead in wave one because the AI takes 15 turns before you can even move, like I showed above in the picture? That happened a good 5 or 6 times.

    With that, I spend a long time getting through the entire tier after I can finally survive through the initial blast, and the rewards are the same as the tier I just did full auto on.

    So, it's a combination of the two. Too much time invested vs crazy TM loading for little reward. If RNG isn't nice to you, you restart multiple times which takes even more time to get through.

    You are wasting your breath. If you make a post complaining about difficulty of anything, you will get many post telling why it is not that way and this is what you should be using. So if you want to complain about game mechanics good luck or learn how to phrase complaint differently if you don't want help on how to win
  • scuba
    12477 posts Member
    Event after event has show that the only real way CG has to make an event "difficult" , without preventing use of some of the faction, is to raise the speed/increase the number of turns the enemy team takes relative to yours, I don't see this changing because speed and taking turns is king.
  • Sewpot
    1353 posts Member
    So basically tier 3 is designed to only be beatable with one specific character? And if you do have it it’s really easy unless you have bad luck in the first wave? Why design content in that way? Seems like a sub optimal way to use scarce developer resources to add content. The majority of players can’t benefit from playing it and those few who can will not find it fun.

    Best character in the game JKL so he’s a must have even if you are not going for GL Luke.
    But just like this event, if you invested in BH for the bounties/empire assault battles then you are stuck in tier 3. If you went for piett then it’s a cake walk.
    So is ewok slaughter event. Troopers roll that event.
    Ns/ Phoenix event on the other hand is an event that definitely needs to be scaled back.
  • Event after event has show that the only real way CG has to make an event "difficult" , without preventing use of some of the faction, is to raise the speed/increase the number of turns the enemy team takes relative to yours, I don't see this changing because speed and taking turns is king.

    Agreed, though I find this weird, since if you boost health and/or defense absurdly without boosting anything else, you're still going to take damage from a lot of enemy turns, but you're going to take it over time, with your own turns interspersed. That means you actually get a chance to play the event before you die instead of simply watching the enemies act over & over like a bad movie.

    That said, I have JKL & don't have too much trouble with this event. It's always possible to mis-time calling Luke with the squad special, but if you manage that part correctly, you'll win so long as you get a turn in p1 before you lose any crucial characters. And you can guarantee yourself a turn in p1 with JKA and/or JKR. You can nearly guarantee yourself one if you use Old Ben. And you can make one very, very likely (though not guaranteed) with Shaak Ti. There's no reason that this can't be completed with a g12-relic Jedi squad, provided you have JKL as your leader. (Oddly, gear isn't as important as you might think. It's JKL's kit that makes the difference. In fact, with higher gear this month than last, it's harder to prep JKL's stun for the next encounter because you kill of the current enemies too quickly.) Sure, JKL is required and that's a disappointment for most folks, but I miss out on lots of possible wins because I don't have the Sith Triumvirate geared up. It is what it is, and part of the game is a collection game.

    The difference, and why I'm satisfied with this event having its difficulty based around insane speed & preloaded TM is because there's a character with a kit that specifically allows you to deal with insane speed and pre-loaded TM. With other factions (literally every other faction) that don't have any characters with a Jedi Luke-type kit, I'd like to see them come up with different ways to make the battle challenging.

    And in particular, I'd like to see them create battles where you still get to do whatever makes that faction cool. Sith factions should still be able to inflict debuffs, jedi should still be able to heal, rebels should still be able to counter-attack and critically hit, etc. It would require better theory crafting on CG's part, but it would also result in a more interesting game.

  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    it's incredibly easy with JKL, so just as usual with this community - it's a player problem

    Again, that's not the point I was making. How do you even start Hero's arise if half your team is dead in wave one because the AI takes 15 turns before you can even move, like I showed above in the picture? That happened a good 5 or 6 times.

    With that, I spend a long time getting through the entire tier after I can finally survive through the initial blast, and the rewards are the same as the tier I just did full auto on.

    So, it's a combination of the two. Too much time invested vs crazy TM loading for little reward. If RNG isn't nice to you, you restart multiple times which takes even more time to get through.

    So what's your point? That you're unable to use the right team or take advantage of the given mechanics? Ultra already pointed out the possibilities:
    - JKR savior triggering to give that jedi a bonus turn
    - Shaak-Ti getting TM when being dmged
    - OB getting TM when allies are being dmged
    and when one of the jedis takes a turn use Heroes Arise to give JKL 100% TM, use his mass stun and stabilize from there on. And before completing each wave using basics on the last 1-2 enemies to refill specials and time a Heroes Arise kill on the last enemy to start with JKL at 100% TM into the next wave.

    It's. So. Darn. Easy.

    I. Three. Starred. Every. Tier. Including Tier 3. I had multiple combinations of jedi, including the ones listed above. Once AGAIN, RNG plays a significant role and sometimes you have to start multiple times because when you start, like I showed in my original post, the AI takes so many turns it is ridiculous and you lose half your team. That didn't happen just once, it happened multiple times, like I said more than once. Yes, that includes losing relic 7 characters before I can even move.

    I even three starred Tier 3 before we had JKL with JKR, GK, Shaak, GMY, and GAS. But, it takes quite a lot of attempts because sometimes you just get slaughtered right at the start. (Then it takes time to get through every wave to get to the end for the same rewards as Tier 2 that I just full auto'd.)

    I don't know how much more pointed I can make that. If it's so darn easy, tell us how you prevent the AI going 10 times before you can even move?
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    it's incredibly easy with JKL, so just as usual with this community - it's a player problem

    Again, that's not the point I was making. How do you even start Hero's arise if half your team is dead in wave one because the AI takes 15 turns before you can even move, like I showed above in the picture? That happened a good 5 or 6 times.

    With that, I spend a long time getting through the entire tier after I can finally survive through the initial blast, and the rewards are the same as the tier I just did full auto on.

    So, it's a combination of the two. Too much time invested vs crazy TM loading for little reward. If RNG isn't nice to you, you restart multiple times which takes even more time to get through.

    So what's your point? That you're unable to use the right team or take advantage of the given mechanics? Ultra already pointed out the possibilities:
    - JKR savior triggering to give that jedi a bonus turn
    - Shaak-Ti getting TM when being dmged
    - OB getting TM when allies are being dmged
    and when one of the jedis takes a turn use Heroes Arise to give JKL 100% TM, use his mass stun and stabilize from there on. And before completing each wave using basics on the last 1-2 enemies to refill specials and time a Heroes Arise kill on the last enemy to start with JKL at 100% TM into the next wave.

    It's. So. Darn. Easy.

    I. Three. Starred. Every. Tier. Including Tier 3. I had multiple combinations of jedi, including the ones listed above. Once AGAIN, RNG plays a significant role and sometimes you have to start multiple times because when you start, like I showed in my original post, the AI takes so many turns it is ridiculous and you lose half your team. That didn't happen just once, it happened multiple times, like I said more than once. Yes, that includes losing relic 7 characters before I can even move.

    I even three starred Tier 3 before we had JKL with JKR, GK, Shaak, GMY, and GAS. But, it takes quite a lot of attempts because sometimes you just get slaughtered right at the start. (Then it takes time to get through every wave to get to the end for the same rewards as Tier 2 that I just full auto'd.)

    I don't know how much more pointed I can make that. If it's so darn easy, tell us how you prevent the AI going 10 times before you can even move?

    Savior. Heroes Arise. Stun.
    You can't stop the enemies from going first but you'll get an immediate turn as soon as a jedi (other than JKR) would die and savior kicks in so unless they go all out on JKR and take him out first (which is incredibly unlikely if there's a squishy jedi like GMY present) you interupt them and start your own play.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
Sign In or Register to comment.