Hoarders Anonymous

Qeltar
4326 posts Member
Currently:
- 30,000 Cantina tokens
- 43,000 Arena
- 43,000 GW (despite pulling out 100 shards on magmatrooper over the last few days)
- 64,000 Bronzium
- 18M credits
What can I say, I like to be prepared for the future. Or maybe I just have a problem. :) Really, though, the tokens are mostly because I don't have anything that excites me and I have no idea where they are going with the game because of how little they tell us. The bronziums are due to the tedium and the vain hope that some day they will be improved. The credits were deliberately hoarded by not spending on anything for weeks to prepare for the level cap increase and/or meta shift.
I'm still torn on whether or not to upgrade my current characters to 80 immediately. And I have 10 characters sitting below level 10 that I can't level up. :(
Any other hoarders out there? :)
Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.

Replies

• Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    No stock pile of tokens as I'm still building my roster, but I do have 65k Ally Points and 2200 SIM cards (can we haz more use for these?)
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Maaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I need to up my SIM cards sometime. Once I start stocking up stuff, I'll do that.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    I have hoarded about 7k arena shipments and I regret it. I'm not able to spend it fast enough. I'm buying Han shards and with finishing top 1-3 I'm unable to actually spend them without using crystals. It's frustrating me lol
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    bet your **** is broke too. :)
  • Phern
    172 posts Member
    Options
    I have hoarded about 7k arena shipments and I regret it. I'm not able to spend it fast enough. I'm buying Han shards and with finishing top 1-3 I'm unable to actually spend them without using crystals. It's frustrating me lol

Farm 2 at a time - maybe Han and ackbar?
  • Options

+1. This is even more the case with GW tokens. The only way you could spend more GW tokens than you earn is if you were waking up in the middle of the night for the 4th refresh.

I totally get not being excited about any of the options in the GW shipments but what's the point in saving? You never know when a 7* Tusken Raider might come in handy :wink:.
  • Tony167
    231 posts Member
    Options
    I had a ton saved up as well. One day I just decided to max everyone that was in the shipments. So my stock is pretty low now. But I have a lot of 7* toons now lol.

8k arena
    14k GW
    5k cantina
    0 bronzium
    3500 sims
    13m credits
  • Options
    Still too many characters in both Galactic War and especially Arena that I want so haven't hoarded there. Besidee unless you spend crystals on refreshing in Galactic War it'd take you a lot of time to burn down through excess shipment points. In Cantina or Arena though it makes a little more sense since you're recieving less per day.

I haven't hoarded much as I am still building lots of different stuff. I manage to get to about 10k Bronzium each time before I get the itch to spend. Just spent 10k this morning. Have held off spending on levelling toons the last week or so though and have thus accumulated 4M credits. Not a lot by any stretch of the imagination.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    +1. This is even more the case with GW tokens. The only way you could spend more GW tokens than you earn is if you were waking up in the middle of the night for the 4th refresh.
    I can get 4 refreshes a day. Plus occasionally I blow 1600 tokens on 2 Vader shards. :)
    If they do start to pile up too much I guess I can work on RP or something. But right now that's just one of many characters sitting there without enough credits to make useful, so...
  • Silleck
    423 posts Member
    Options
    More like you just trying to show off.
    Or possibly you don't even have that much? Who knows? Screen shots?
    Leader and co-founder of BHG
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    I am 0 on everything but Credits (21mil).

I want every characters, so regardless of where they are "going" with the game, I should have the people needed to hopefully change with the metas. At the moment I am still just playing catchup.

By the time I got phasma to 7*, everyone was using QGJ. Now that I have QGJ to 5* everyone is using RG.

Just going to keep the snail f2p pace and hopefully land on something good somewhere.

Basically, the only meta I seem to have hit is the Dooku dodge meta.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not sure the value of keeping more then 1 7 star person worth of tokens. You just can't spend fast enough. Although this meta shift could make more than one forgotten GW or Arena toon viable in which case you have an edge.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    then with the next update they stealth add a cap on everything.,,,
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    @scuba they did it with energy, they might do it with others.

Man, I can't imagine the rage from the people who had like 10-20k energy banked away.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Toukai wrote: »
    @scuba they did it with energy, they might do it with others.

Man, I can't imagine the rage from the people who had like 10-20k energy banked away.

That is what I am thinking. It would be a S*** move so I can see it.
  • Sweep
    58 posts Member
    Options
    279 Cantina
    290 GW
    150 Arena
    0 Data Cards
    107 Sims
    1.2m credits

The game is more fun for me when I use everything I earn. The credits will be gone tomorrow when I promote two toons.
  • Options
    Is it stock piling or is it a result of limited content to spend it on? I can easily stockpile so I have just been spending them all since the frequency in which new toons make it to those rewards brackets is slow at best. Once I have all the toons, there is no other choice but to pile up.

CG needs to put gear, ability mats, credits and training droids in those reward brackets.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    @Harmonica - It's both. For Cantina it is wanting to be prepared, because that is slow. For GW and Arena, mostly a lack of interesting options. Credits, well, I will not purchase them so I must conserve them.
  • Options
    Wut. Forget whales and dolphins... We have our first Squirrel. :open_mouth:
  • Options
    Another thing to horde is Ally Points. I currently have about 60K of them. With new gear coming, saving them up will hopefully allow me to luck out and get a couple purple items saving valuable energy for other purples.

If you missed out on this round saving up, save up next time.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Options
    @Qeltar

Almost enough for you to 7* grevious?
  • Options
    I hoard white, green, and blue gear that I will never be able to use evidently.
  • Options

I totally get not being excited about any of the options in the GW shipments but what's the point in saving? You never know when a 7* Tusken Raider might come in handy :wink:.

Haha exactly! I was like, do I really gotta wake up at 3 am?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Wut. Forget whales and dolphins... We have our first Squirrel. :open_mouth:

LOL.
    @SpeedWeed - No interest in that game. I'd rather 7* a bunch of random characters hoping for future buffs than put 264,000 tokens into one guy (who I find kinda creepy anyway).
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    then with the next update they stealth add a cap on everything.,,,

:worried: !!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Johnnyudes
    288 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm not a really good hoarder:

4.88 M Credits
    1 838 Crystals
    178 Cantina Tokens (Still farming QGJ, then Boba in the hope of the meta change and scoundrel event, then Ahsoka for Yoda, then Daka, then Poe...)
    9 075 Arena Tokens
    3 300 GW Tokens
    205 Ally Tokens
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    The only thing I am hoarding is credits and purple ability mats. I have several characters unlocked at 5*s with enough shards to take them to 7*. Currently sitting on 8.5 million credits and around 100 mats, although maxing out RG and Rey last week out a dent in my stockpile.
  • Options
    JoshG wrote: »
    The only thing I am hoarding is credits and purple ability mats. I have several characters unlocked at 5*s with enough shards to take them to 7*. Currently sitting on 8.5 million credits and around 100 mats, although maxing out RG and Rey last week out a dent in my stockpile.

Yup just saving credits ability mats and raining driods.
  • Options
    I burn thru GW arena tokens . Shard shop.

I maxed lumi. Working on phasma 320/330

Arena Sid. Working on ventress and will work on savage next,

Have like 16m credits 160 purple mats.

I can't help spending all my ally points. Highest I saved was 10k. Was hoping for daka Barris unlock.

But no luck so far.