Discussion on mergers/recruitment

I've been kicking around the idea that if a smaller guild looking for a merger would be willing to split up, in game only, keep in contact with old friends, etc. Then they can join two to three bigger guilds and help those guilds achieve new heights in game, then everyone would win. I'm not talking about forming a typical alliance, but fill up a few guilds. The way I see it is 4 guilds of 50 players is better than 5 guilds of 40 players. Recruiting is kinda slow and I doubt there are new players rushing to the game like at launch. I know every player wants a fair deal and doesn't want to get taken advantage of. Thoughts?
https://swgoh.gg/g/39455/alderaangotshot1st/

Replies

• Options
    Definitely agree with your thinking here. It has been tough recruiting. We'd happily take a few folks.

We are Al Bundy School of Dance [ABSoD], ~180m GP fully heroic raids on farm with TB + TW! We sim the pit and easily clear HSTR + heroic tank. We just need a few more to round out the 50!

Decently competitive but very chill group of people with Discord optional and we also understand life happens. Lots of experienced guys well into the 5m+ GP range who do very well on TW, etc. [somewhere in the neighborhood of ~90%+ win rate] who can give guidance on mods, latest meta, squad building, you name it!

Raids generally start at 7:30PM EST [guild reset time] but we have guys throughout the US + UK. For TB, we do DS geo and LS geo. We're at 6 stars and heading higher in LS geo + 18 stars and heading higher in DS geo with 12+ Wat shards which is also growing over time.

Everyone does TB + gets their 600 daily tickets and requirement for TW [which is optional] is 2m GP+ only [vast majority of people]. All we ask is that if you do join TW, please be active!

Let me know what you think! Happy to discuss https://swgoh.gg/g/14723/absod/
  • Options
    Most bigger guilds are always looking to bring on smaller groups, so long as your people are on board you’ll find plenty of takers but each may have their own restrictions / gp targets / etc

We would be happy to absorb some new blood as well. We are 254mm but have a few players that always require chasing.
  • Options
    I'm in a guild that tends to average between 190 mil and 200 mil gp. We are at the point where we are looking to absorb ourselves. We wouldn't make anyone cut ties with old guildmates and would encourage keeping whatever forms of communication that are to still go on. The tough part would be finding a small guild willing to participate in this endeavor.
  • Options
    Completely agree with how tough it is to recruit right now. If you aren't on the split second someone post they are looking, they are gone before you know it. Some of it is just timing. So many great guilds are on here which only makes it tougher.

My guild for example isn't super high gp wise 155 million, but we have a ton of fun and just hope when people join they stick around because of the atmosphere we create and the success we have within our means.
  • Options
    Recruiting is brutal and I feel like enthusiasm for the game is declining. Recently did some cleaning house of lax participants and never had issues filling back up but it’s been brutal.
  • Options
    Completely agree with how tough it is to recruit right now. If you aren't on the split second someone post they are looking, they are gone before you know it. Some of it is just timing. So many great guilds are on here which only makes it tougher.

My guild for example isn't super high gp wise 155 million, but we have a ton of fun and just hope when people join they stick around because of the atmosphere we create and the success we have within our means.

I agree that there are a lot of great guilds. I'm sure most of them are. I think the reason why a guild would not want to break up is to avoid being taken for a ride, since they don't really have any control and that they've been with the same group for years now. I think that if a group of players would take the next step it would bring new-ish life back into their gaming experience, at least for a bit. This game does have a self life and we are towards the end. If guilds were to merge like I'm proposing, they could be making progress, new friends and they will find that the guild atmosphere is more or less the same, especially since most of us want to advance in game. Not doing so kinda is like shooting ourselves in the foot.
    Recruiting is brutal and I feel like enthusiasm for the game is declining. Recently did some cleaning house of lax participants and never had issues filling back up but it’s been brutal.

I wonder if the enthusiasm is on the decline due to lack of progress as well as burn out? The potential downside of being in a small guild is a slower progression for ones roster. I think mergers should be something to seriously consider.

• Options
    I agree. It’s getting tougher. Went from having no problem recruiting to now a struggle when a position opens. We have 3 holes right now and a couple of people that are daily active but potentially losing interest- in a 210Mgp guild. Lots to offer and open to creative solutions.
  • Options
    Addfocus wrote: »
    I agree. It’s getting tougher. Went from having no problem recruiting to now a struggle when a position opens. We have 3 holes right now and a couple of people that are daily active but potentially losing interest- in a 210Mgp guild. Lots to offer and open to creative solutions.

I think we are at the point in the game where the mid range player base seriously needs to consider consolidating. It isn't like F2P people are ever going to catch up, but I doubt we are going to be getting a lot of new players in a time frame that would keep the growth of a guild and individual rosters enjoyable. We all see burn out.
  • Options
    @Chucko_marek we might be looking to merge. Maybe if we got 3 guilds together to form 2 would probably be something we are interested in. We have several barely active players that just won't participate. But if we drop too far under 50 its pretty **** hard to recruit. Here's a link to our recruitment channel and we can see if we can make something work.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/192942/2-available-spots-230mil-gp-independent-guild/p1
  • JoryG87
    258 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Recruiting isn't fun these days. In a 200m GP guild with a lot of veteran players. Some have lost interest and stopped playing. Very hard to fill those open spots with active members. Hardly get any response on my Discord / forum recruitment messages. At 44 active members now, wich makes it harder to settle a merge.

https://swgoh.gg/g/19568/jedl/
  • Options
    @Chucko_marek we might be looking to merge. Maybe if we got 3 guilds together to form 2 would probably be something we are interested in. We have several barely active players that just won't participate. But if we drop too far under 50 its pretty **** hard to recruit. Here's a link to our recruitment channel and we can see if we can make something work.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/192942/2-available-spots-230mil-gp-independent-guild/p1

Hopefully we can convince another guild of the benefits of this plan. We have 45/50 currently, but can always make room.
    JoryG87 wrote: »
    Recruiting isn't fun these days. In a 200m GP guild with a lot of veteran players. Some have lost interest and stopped playing. Very hard to fill those open spots with active members. Hardly get any response on my Discord / forum recruitment messages. At 44 active members now, wich makes it harder to settle a merge.

https://swgoh.gg/g/19568/jedl/

I think we all are feeling the pain, just don't wanna get into a bad situation. We are trusting people on the interwebs after all. lol. We had a player come back after going on hiatus, so that was cool.