Teams with Vader (without Traya) that counters Drevan+Malak?

It would be way better for me not to go for another team so maybe i could use my vader (and maybe Bsf with Set) and getting a team together. Less farming is better.

Replies

• dgree
    521 posts Member
    Options
    You don't need Traya. You just need any leader (ideally one that helps, like EP) plus a pretaunt like SET. GMY helps to get tenacity up and prevent enemy BSF fears. Then Vader can basically murder them all.
  • Options
    @dgree but i don't think i can outrun Drevan and BSF and if they inflict fear before yoda takes a turn i'm dead.
  • Options
    Yoda isn’t hard to get faster than bastilla or drevan, that was a standard tactic to win against them back when they were meta in my arena..

Try using grandivory to get your mods sorted, you can sometimes forget about a mod/combo and it definitely helps. @Doxin
  • Options
    Ok, i'll try. Thanks. @Damodamo
  • dgree
    521 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Doxin wrote: »
    @dgree but i don't think i can outrun Drevan and BSF and if they inflict fear before yoda takes a turn i'm dead.
    You don't need GMY to outspeed DR, just BSF. DR's fear only will land on the tank target and the leader. As said above, GMY can easily outspeed bastila.

You can also just make Vader faster than bastila (perhaps including empire/sith toons to boost his speed unique, like EP) and that way you don't have to gamble on whether her fear lands on him or not.
  • Options
    What about malak then? He will land fear on Vader and maybe someone else. Do i make yoda go first then vader?
    @dgree
  • Options
    Malak doesn't fear people unless they crit or dot him up. Vader's attacks during MM allow him to hit vader without fear. I'd suggest looking up some counter videos so you can learn more about the mechanics of vader and the squad you're trying to counter.
  • Options
    Ok, thanks! @dgree
  • Options
    dgree wrote: »
    You don't need Traya. You just need any leader (ideally one that helps, like EP) plus a pretaunt like SET. GMY helps to get tenacity up and prevent enemy BSF fears. Then Vader can basically murder them all.

Not that I think GMY should ever be in a Vader team, but my GMY is 330 speed because of his battle med. 330 speed beats most DR teams' top speed. 99% of them bumped top mods to newer meta teams.