Messenger/Chat

sepulcum
15 posts Member
edited October 2020
Hi @All,
I really like that game but I would like to get an update for the chat.
I have several private chats with guild members, the only way to check if
there are new messages is to check every chat. I would be very helpfull to
get somekind of notification. A red dot as you have it when you can upgrade
your gear would be very helpful on the chats.
Thanks and BR
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The general concept, is that the chat is "good enough " to get you going, but as you get deeper into the game and want more, you move to a 3rd party app that is better suited for actual communication.

It may not be ideal, but it works.
  • Options
    Sure that would work. But actually I don't want another app that runs while the game is off. I just think it would be nice to get a mark in the client that there is something new in an existing private chat.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    sepulcum wrote: »
    Sure that would work. But actually I don't want another app that runs while the game is off. I just think it would be nice to get a mark in the client that there is something new in an existing private chat.

3rd party apps like Discord have this feature.
  • Options
    This seems like an easy enough qol. I don't think it's vital since we have discord but some people may want it.

A qol is way overdue. If something like this were included, it wouldn't be a bad thing.

As long as we also get the other badly needed qols

1. Ship squad management
    2. Sims for early tiers of assualt battles
    3. Something to allieve the gear crunch (especially for newer players)
    4. Something to allieve the shard crunch for newer players
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    The general concept, is that the chat is "good enough " to get you going, but as you get deeper into the game and want more, you move to a 3rd party app that is better suited for actual communication.

It may not be ideal, but it works.

Exactly this.
    No matter what changes CG would make to the in game chat, it would be inferior to those stand alone 3rd party apps. It has to be so, the chat is just a small feature of this game but for discord and the others it’s their entire reason for existing.
  • Options
    Dear all,
    Thanks for your feedback. I'm pretty sure that every third party messenger would be better then the in game chat. But actually I thought adding a red bubble on chats with new messages should be a very small adjustment that could be done with not so much work for the developers.
    Best Regards
  • Options
    I like (again) how couple of people who don't use in-game chat extensively trying to say "it's fine" to people who really use it.

It's so hard to understand that there are many-many people who don't (and don't want to, for different reasons) discuss in-game matters through other channels...
  • Options
    Worth bearing in mind, though, that improvements to in game chat is likely to increase the amount of memory / processor power the game uses.

If any improvements caused the game to slow down, or crashes to become more frequent, I personally would prefer the chat to remain as it currently is.
  • Options
    Sorry, but for me it seems hard to believe that a red bubble, that is used everywhere in the game to show possible upgrades etc actually quite everything that is new expect of new messages, will lead in crashes. BR
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    It's fine because it's not needed.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Actually I find this thread very funny. It seems that most people don't like the idea to get am improvement of the chat, which is fine for me it was just an idea. But the argumentation against it has a logic error. One side says it is not needed the other says use a third party app. For me this claerly shows you need an improvement of the communicationsystem otherwise you wouldn't use the third party app. Actually we discussed that in the guild and approx 50% (off our guild not representive for the Community) are against the use of an third party app for different(more ore less good) reasons. I would like to use discord but I don't want to change the guild just for discord. Again thanks for all your feedback nice to know how others think about the matter.
    BR