Cantina Drop Rates

Yudoka
1274 posts Member
Does the drop rate on shards decrease on the higher level Cantina nodes or am I just having bad luck? I started farming Talia for the Dark Side challenges and it seems like I get way less shards than I did when farming JC.
They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.

Replies

• Options
    You spend 50% more energy, so you get 50% less shards...
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Nightlores wrote: »
    You spend 50% more energy, so you get 50% less shards...

It's only 20% more energy. But I see where you're going with that :P

They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    Well in my reference I was farming GS > 8 energy battle and got 15 shards a day.
    Now I am farming Dooku > 12 enery battle and get around 8 shards a day.
  • Options
    Well in my reference I was farming GS > 8 energy battle and got 15 shards a day.

This
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options

Ah, gotcha. But is that just an observation or something confirmed? I'm just curious.

• Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yudoka wrote: »

Ah, gotcha. But is that just an observation or something confirmed? I'm just curious.

Devs don't comfirm anything. It's my experience farming the same battle every day for weeks. Some people even keep spreadsheets. I think average drop rate is between 30-35%. So the more energy you spend per battle the less shards you get.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that there is a much higher drop rate of ability mats, especially level 3, for the 12 energy missions. I usually get 2-3 level 3 mats per day farming Dooku, where I would be lucky to get 1 in 240 energy farming GS.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Keep in mind that there is a much higher drop rate of ability mats, especially level 3, for the 12 energy missions. I usually get 2-3 level 3 mats per day farming Dooku, where I would be lucky to get 1 in 240 energy farming GS.

Yeah, I noticed this. I've been getting way more purple mats with Talia than I did with JC. I'm okay with it being a give an take thing. Though now I'm not looking forward to farming Barriss.
  • Options

Ye I can confirm that as well. But personally I prefer the shards. So JS I farmerd on 10 energy battle.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options

Ye I can confirm that as well. But personally I prefer the shards. So JS I farmerd on 10 energy battle.

I wonder if this is true for purple gear as well? I seem to be getting much lower drop rates on these at higher energy nodes than I do on lower ones.
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

I wonder if this is true for purple gear as well? I seem to be getting much lower drop rates on these at higher energy nodes than I do on lower ones.

My experience is that droprate on gear really depends on the node. Some always seem to drop a particular gear item (mostly green items) and some almost never (like the 50/50 epic ones).
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options

My experience is that droprate on gear really depends on the node. Some always seem to drop a particular gear item and some almost never...

Intersting. I'm currently trying to farm 20 disk things with two dots VIII for Lumi's MK8 BlasTech. After two days and probably 600 energy or so, I ended up with 7?
  • Options
    I have read that shard drop rate is "officially" 1/3, 33.3% for all levels. I've done a lot of farming in cantina both for Dooku and GS and some other toons, also hard nodes and in the long run I can confirm that it does pretty much average around 33.3%.
    Sure you spend more energy for a Dooku sim/fight but you also get better rewards, ability material, credits...
    Obviously in short runs you can have good or bad luck, a few days ago I got 5 consecutive shards for a toon and 10 for 15 overall. A few days later I had 2/15. So in the long run it just evens out, simple mathematical odds.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    I have read that shard drop rate is "officially" 1/3, 33.3% for all levels. I've done a lot of farming in cantina both for Dooku and GS and some other toons, also hard nodes and in the long run I can confirm that it does pretty much average around 33.3%.
    Sure you spend more energy for a Dooku sim/fight but you also get better rewards, ability material, credits...
    Obviously in short runs you can have good or bad luck, a few days ago I got 5 consecutive shards for a toon and 10 for 15 overall. A few days later I had 2/15. So in the long run it just evens out, simple mathematical odds.

I've had those types of runs as well (once I got nothing for 240 energy and the next day I had 6 in a row). Maybe it's just an illusion in my mind since the earlier nodes were faster to finish then the higher ones. I always auto these for extra Ally Points so maybe the additional duration makes it seem like less drop?
  • Options

My experience is that droprate on gear really depends on the node. Some always seem to drop a particular gear item and some almost never...

Intersting. I'm currently trying to farm 20 disk things with two dots VIII for Lumi's MK8 BlasTech. After two days and probably 600 energy or so, I ended up with 7?

Dunno which node you farmed, but there are plenty to choose from:
    http://www.star-wars-galaxy.com/gear/Mk-8-BlasTech-Weapon-Mod-Prototype-Salvage
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    I'm doing 7F to get the better training droid. If there is a difference, I'd rather do whichever one offers the best drop rate on the actual gear.
  • Options
    It all depends on RNG. Since Sunday I got 56 dooku shards. Yesterday I refreshed energy three times for 100/200/400 crystals and for the 400 crystal refresh energy cost I got 0 out of 12 of those attempts. I'm not complaining though cause 56 shards in three days is pretty good imo. At this rate my dooku should be 7* by the weekend.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    33% took me exactly 1month to get my GS from 3* to 7* . That is roughly 300shards..
  • Options

Yeah, I noticed this. I've been getting way more purple mats with Talia than I did with JC. I'm okay with it being a give an take thing. Though now I'm not looking forward to farming Barriss.

There is something weird about it. When I was farming Kylo from 6 - C, I was getting a couple a day everyday until I stopped, weeks. Now I am farming Barriss from 6 - A and am lucky if I get one a day, it is taking forever, a month. I am spending all my energy and refreshes on Barriss like I did Kylo and the drop rate is different. Ultimately I chalk it up to you win some you lose some.