I need help

swgohfan1
12 posts Member
edited October 2020
Guys, please help me. I'm level 81 and I have no clue what I should do with my characters. I have a ton of them at level one, but only 2 million credits. I am F2P. What should I do? Here's my swgoh.gg profile. Please help!!!
https://swgoh.gg/p/173476914/

Replies

• Options
    Best advice I can give you is read / watch some beginner guides, make a plan and start over with a new account. Frankly I am amazed you made it to level 81 with that roster. You must have been sitting on that account for a long time.
  • Options
    If you don't want to restart...

Focus on finishing Phoenix, can safely ignore sabine - she's more for if you're using ezra on a different team generally.

Once that's done, unlock thrawn and focus on a palp/vader team - Palpatine, Vader, Thrawn, Tarkin - For a 5th, I'd probably say fallen bastilla or Geo Brood Alpha, or Piett. (Brood unlocks for you soon, you can use high level allies (go post your ally code in the ally code thread on here if you need some) to unlock/3* it for farming.)

If you go for Brood as your 5th, I'd work on a geo team to use him for GAC, and to unlock padme.
    If you go for BSF or Piett, I'd probably go the CLS route.

CLS and Padme are both currently nearly top tier teams, and are fairly easy to get functional.
    CLS requires more overall investment for his optimal team, but is arguably a lot stronger now with Threepio & Chewie, and is significantly easier to unlock.

If you're going for CLS, Piett probably makes the most sense so you don't have to farm any extra chars to unlock R2, and his vader synergy is insane once you start zetaing out the team. (zeta merciless on vader first though, followed by palp's lead.)

For CLS, the team you'd eventually be looking for is CLS/Raid han/Chewbacca/Threepio&Chewie/C-3PO
    This requires: A guild for Raid Han, a bounty hunter team for Chewbacca, and Ewoks for C-3PO, on top of the CLS unlock requirements. However, CLS/Han or Ezra/Threepio&Chewie/Old ben/R2 is a very functional team until you get those farms done.

For Padme, you're looking at Padme/Jedi Knight Anakin/Ahsoka/General Kenobi and again, 3PO.
    Similarly, you can run grandmaster yoda until you unlock 3PO, and almost any random republic char until you get GK. The reqs for this team would be the separatist team for Padme (geos are easiest), a guild clearing heroic AAT for GK, and ewoks for 3PO.

Due to the fact you SHOULD work on a bounty hunter team regardless, for the multitude of events they unlock, CLS ends up "not that far off" padme, but it's still an extra legendary unlock, so worth mentioning.

The other "beginner" routes you have absolutely no characters for, so with your account being so high level, those are the 2 I'd focus on. They're also generally the 2 easiest to accomplish if you're not going for a hyperdrive account.

Personally, with that account, I'd probably go the CLS route, since a finished phoenix farm synergizes with that path a lot better.
  • Options
    @swgohfan1

I need to ask you a couple questions.

First: Are you a member of a guild? Right now, I don't think you are because even low-level guilds easily complete Rancor & HAAT these days, but you don't have Raid Han Solo or General Kenobi unlocked.

So the very first thing to do, assuming I'm correct, is to immediately head over to the "Players looking for guilds" thread. Often they create one every month, but the current one is labeled "Late October/November" so you'll be fine even if you're looking for a while - but frankly, I don't think you will. I'll even provide a link:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/237194/players-looking-for-guilds-october-november-2020-read-rules-in-first-post-before-posting#latest

Now, before you post in that thread, read the first post from Sunnie1978 about the rules & expectations for that thread.

If you can be counted on to spend 600 energy per day just in Light Side Battles, dark Side Battles, and Cantina Battles (mod energy & fleet energy don't count) make sure you say that, because every one of those first 600 red & yellow energy per day earns 1 ticket towards starting a Raid.

Raids are going to vastly increase your income for credits, gear, and other things. With a full guild of 50 players, that means that there's a max of 30,000 tickets per day, and organized guilds will expect an average of 500 tickets/day with most days being 600 and missed days usually coming at announced vacations.

Guilds for starting players (like you) will not be particularly strict about this usually, but some are, and if you aren't going to play and spend energy every day, there's a chance you're going to join a strict guild by accident. If that happens, they'll kick you out after a little while, and that's not good for you or the guild.

So be honest & upfront about how much energy you think you'll spend per day. If you don't know yet, say that. The guilds that are really rigid about that sort of thing won't send you an invite and other guilds know that you're honest and helpful, which will be attractive to them.

You could read the ads from guilds looking for players, but I really doubt they would mean much to you right now, since you are going to have little experience with different guilds & how they are run and what they can do for you (and you for them). I can spot a demanding guild even when they say they're relaxed because of what teams they expect and comparing that to the GP that is average for that guild, but you won't be able to do that, so the ads might be interesting, but it's better for you if you let a guild that knows what it's looking for read your ad and figure out whether that matches the guild rather than you doing it the other way round.

THAT SAID,
    A bunch of guilds are going to send you a message right away, and more than half won't even really read your advertisement. Make sure you read those responses and don't accept any offers from a guild that doesn't read your ad carefully enough to tell you exactly what they like in your ad. If you ask a question in your ad, and I'm going to suggest one later, make sure they actually try to provide a good answer. If they aren't answering your questions, they are also not the right guild for you.

But you only need one guild, and at your level any guild that really pays attention to what you write & tries to answer your questions & meets your needs is fine. It's only much later that you might change guilds to find one that shares your specific priorities.

================

So what question should you ask in your ad looking for a guild? Use your own words, but it should be something like this:
    I have low GP for my level, and my roster isn't organized. Will there be good mentors in the guild that can help me get organized & set good goals so I can make progress?

================

After that, some other people have given you good advice. I have a couple different opinions about whether that's the actual **best** advice, but I can't tell you that they're wrong. This creates a problem because they really are giving you good advice, and in the spots I might differ it really is just my opinion.

So how do you know what advice to take? Start with this principle: there is a ton to do in this game, and there are many goals to reach. All the best ones require months and months + hundreds of dollars, or a year and some more months (to do it for free) from where you're starting. Even if someone gives you the most perfect advice about which squad is easiest to get and gear compared to how much it helps you advance in the game, if what they recommend makes the game less fun, then toss that advice aside & go with the 2nd or 3rd best advice that actually provides a path you'll enjoy following. This is, after all, a game, and the most important thing is that it be fun. If it's not fun, the long quests quickly begin to feel like a job & you'll end up quitting before that "efficient path" can ever carry you to the destination.

A path that makes you quit isn't a good path, but only you know whether or not you're having fun.

And, of course, that doesn't mean efficient can't be fun. For most of us, bringing a new team up to new heights of power and watching it crush an enemy that used to defeat us is part of the fun.

So don't ignore that good advice, I'm just saying that don't let efficiency get in the way of the good time the game is supposed to be. And that includes my advice. I'm no hypocrite - you should ignore me just as quickly as you would ignore someone else if my advice isn't bringing the fun.

Okay, I might write some more later about specific toons & specific paths forward, but that's more than enough for now.

Good luck & good fun!
  • Options
    @swgohfan1

I need to ask you a couple questions.

First: Are you a member of a guild? Right now, I don't think you are because even low-level guilds easily complete Rancor & HAAT these days, but you don't have Raid Han Solo or General Kenobi unlocked.

So the very first thing to do, assuming I'm correct, is to immediately head over to the "Players looking for guilds" thread. Often they create one every month, but the current one is labeled "Late October/November" so you'll be fine even if you're looking for a while - but frankly, I don't think you will. I'll even provide a link:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/237194/players-looking-for-guilds-october-november-2020-read-rules-in-first-post-before-posting#latest

Now, before you post in that thread, read the first post from Sunnie1978 about the rules & expectations for that thread.

If you can be counted on to spend 600 energy per day just in Light Side Battles, dark Side Battles, and Cantina Battles (mod energy & fleet energy don't count) make sure you say that, because every one of those first 600 red & yellow energy per day earns 1 ticket towards starting a Raid.

Raids are going to vastly increase your income for credits, gear, and other things. With a full guild of 50 players, that means that there's a max of 30,000 tickets per day, and organized guilds will expect an average of 500 tickets/day with most days being 600 and missed days usually coming at announced vacations.

Guilds for starting players (like you) will not be particularly strict about this usually, but some are, and if you aren't going to play and spend energy every day, there's a chance you're going to join a strict guild by accident. If that happens, they'll kick you out after a little while, and that's not good for you or the guild.

So be honest & upfront about how much energy you think you'll spend per day. If you don't know yet, say that. The guilds that are really rigid about that sort of thing won't send you an invite and other guilds know that you're honest and helpful, which will be attractive to them.

You could read the ads from guilds looking for players, but I really doubt they would mean much to you right now, since you are going to have little experience with different guilds & how they are run and what they can do for you (and you for them). I can spot a demanding guild even when they say they're relaxed because of what teams they expect and comparing that to the GP that is average for that guild, but you won't be able to do that, so the ads might be interesting, but it's better for you if you let a guild that knows what it's looking for read your ad and figure out whether that matches the guild rather than you doing it the other way round.

THAT SAID,
    A bunch of guilds are going to send you a message right away, and more than half won't even really read your advertisement. Make sure you read those responses and don't accept any offers from a guild that doesn't read your ad carefully enough to tell you exactly what they like in your ad. If you ask a question in your ad, and I'm going to suggest one later, make sure they actually try to provide a good answer. If they aren't answering your questions, they are also not the right guild for you.

But you only need one guild, and at your level any guild that really pays attention to what you write & tries to answer your questions & meets your needs is fine. It's only much later that you might change guilds to find one that shares your specific priorities.

================

So what question should you ask in your ad looking for a guild? Use your own words, but it should be something like this:
    I have low GP for my level, and my roster isn't organized. Will there be good mentors in the guild that can help me get organized & set good goals so I can make progress?

================

After that, some other people have given you good advice. I have a couple different opinions about whether that's the actual **best** advice, but I can't tell you that they're wrong. This creates a problem because they really are giving you good advice, and in the spots I might differ it really is just my opinion.

So how do you know what advice to take? Start with this principle: there is a ton to do in this game, and there are many goals to reach. All the best ones require months and months + hundreds of dollars, or a year and some more months (to do it for free) from where you're starting. Even if someone gives you the most perfect advice about which squad is easiest to get and gear compared to how much it helps you advance in the game, if what they recommend makes the game less fun, then toss that advice aside & go with the 2nd or 3rd best advice that actually provides a path you'll enjoy following. This is, after all, a game, and the most important thing is that it be fun. If it's not fun, the long quests quickly begin to feel like a job & you'll end up quitting before that "efficient path" can ever carry you to the destination.

A path that makes you quit isn't a good path, but only you know whether or not you're having fun.

And, of course, that doesn't mean efficient can't be fun. For most of us, bringing a new team up to new heights of power and watching it crush an enemy that used to defeat us is part of the fun.

So don't ignore that good advice, I'm just saying that don't let efficiency get in the way of the good time the game is supposed to be. And that includes my advice. I'm no hypocrite - you should ignore me just as quickly as you would ignore someone else if my advice isn't bringing the fun.

Okay, I might write some more later about specific toons & specific paths forward, but that's more than enough for now.

Good luck & good fun!

I am in a guild, but since my characters are bad it's taking forever to get the raid characters.
  • MasterSeedy
    5040 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    How many tickets does your guild earn per day?

You only need 80 shards to unlock, and if you join a guild that sims Rancor, that's a mere 8 rancor raids to unlock, and you can easily get 3 rancor raids per week.

Short answer: you should unlock Raid Han in a mere 3 weeks with a competent guild. If you don't have RH unlocked, that's because your guild is a problem.

I'm in a guild where the average GP is 5.2 million, but we have one player with only 1.6 or 1.8. They bought the Hyperdrive bundle and a few other things. They're organized, and their goals fit with ours, but our guild would still benefit from having another 5M or 6M gp player instead. Yet we have this person, and we're very happy to have them.

Other guilds are the same. They mostly want people of a certain gp range or with specific squads that help accomplish the guild's goals, but most are also happy to have a few lower-gp players without those squads so long as they rack up 600 raid tickets. That's a huge benefit to your guild mates, if you are dependable, and makes a wonderful win/win scenario for the individual player on one hand and the larger guild on the other.

================

Secondly, I have to say that if you were in a good guild, you wouldn't need to come here for advice. There would be mentoring and help in the guild.

I'm really, honestly trying to help here when I say that your guild is a problem. You should find a guild that is simming Rancor - that will give you better gear than you get for finishing 21st or worse and lots of Raid Han shards. You'll have him unlocked literally in less than 3 weeks.

And although working on guild priorities is something of a compromise (most guilds will have preferred game modes, and if they don't list specific squad priorities, they'll at least say priorities are "squads useful in Hoth TB" or "squads useful in GAC & TW"), those priorities would only be a help to a player like you that doesn't currently have a focus. It's not like you currently are driving hard to accomplish a very specific goal & your guild wants you to work on different things that are incompatible. There's not going to be a conflict, not even a small chance of a conflict, until you've gotten to a place where you have your own goals upon which you're focussed.

================

In short, your roster isn't stopping you from getting a better roster. A large part of this is your choices, and because they're yours, you can fix them yourself, but some of this really is your guild. Since the Rancor raid has become summable, that means that with 6M gp I get the same Rancor rewards that you could have gotten starting somewhere around level 40 or 50. It's not roster-dependent. It's all there for the gathering with no competition, if only you were in a functional guild.

Three weeks Five weeks to Raid Han. (ETA: I have been reminded that e requires 145 shards to unlock, not 80)

Three Five weeks.

If you've been in your guild for more than 6 weeks and don't have Raid Han unlocked, your guild is a huge problem.

And remember I say this only because you say you want your roster to improve. That guild is not a problem for people who just want a time waster and don't care if their roster gets better or not. If that's what's fun for your guild officers, then they're running that guild the right way for them.

It's just not right for you.

Go somewhere else, somewhere that sims the Rancor raid and that helps mentor people in your situation, that are still trying to get their rosters to gel and set good goals. Give them your raid tickets and let them give back to you what you need to accomplish whatever is going to make the game more fun for you.
    Post edited by MasterSeedy on
  • Options
    I'm going to guess that OP is still languishing in an auto-assigned newbie guild.
  • Options
    As always, MasterSeedy's advice is excellent for new players. Ought to be made a mod for this section. Listen to him/her, follow the advice, and have the fun.
  • Options
    Thanks, el_mago. Kind words. I value them.
  • Options
    @MasterSeedy actually it's 145 shards, not 80. So it would take a little longer.
  • Options
    Thanks for the correction! I had forgotten that (been a while for me).
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    I'm going to guess that OP is still languishing in an auto-assigned newbie guild.
    i saw his swgoh.gg and he is not in a starter guild.
    I'll get my first Gl...after 50 years