Returning Players: Endgame

Emperor_Tyranus
3 posts Member
edited October 2020
Greetings, all. Having taken rather a long break at the time of the Revans, it was the Darth Vader rework which brought me back.

As for now, I find myself puzzled over what best to do. I have a good Dark Side roster with one Galactic Legend (SEE Gucci Sheev), and a semi-decent LS roster, with GAS as my best team.

Of course, I have Darth Vader, the poor man's GL. As a mostly F2P/dolphin player (although I'm a hypocrite as I did spend quite a bit to get GL Sheev), I'm at a loss what to do. I can't solo the Sith raid, I can't do most of the challenges and SEE Sheev drops to triple digits regularly as he's terrible on defence.

I lose most of my GACs as I don't have the stupid amount of cheating Jedi, as well as my Revans not being where they should be. My Separatists are good (for GAS and Padmé), and I have an excellent troopers team, proud patron of the Kyber club as I am.

I lose out on most of the GCs unique rewards, and everything else seems to be grinding to a halt. What are the first steps to improve my roster, if I may ask?

And for returning players as a whole, what is the best way to invest gear and in what teams? I'd appreciate any thoughts.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Do you have an SWGOH.GG account?

You should share that, it will help with any advice
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Ah, it's Supreme Leader Kyno Ren himself. I don't in fact, as I am paranoid about such things. I just asked for general viewpoint on how to progress in the endgame- statistician that I am, modding and other things I can handle on my own.
  • Options
    Greetings, all. Having taken rather a long break at the time of the Revans, it was the Darth Vader rework which brought me back.

As for now, I find myself puzzled over what best to do. I have a good Dark Side roster with one Galactic Legend (SEE Gucci Sheev), and a semi-decent LS roster, with GAS as my best team.

Of course, I have Darth Vader, the poor man's GL. As a mostly F2P/dolphin player (although I'm a hypocrite as I did spend quite a bit to get GL Sheev), I'm at a loss what to do. I can't solo the Sith raid, I can't do most of the challenges and SEE Sheev drops to triple digits regularly as he's terrible on defence.

I lose most of my GACs as I don't have the stupid amount of cheating Jedi, as well as my Revans not being where they should be. My Separatists are good (for GAS and Padmé), and I have an excellent troopers team, proud patron of the Kyber club as I am.

I lose out on most of the GCs unique rewards, and everything else seems to be grinding to a halt. What are the first steps to improve my roster, if I may ask?

And for returning players as a whole, what is the best way to invest gear and in what teams? I'd appreciate any thoughts.

If you need a guild to help you figure out the direction of what you wanna do just give me a message
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Ah, it's Supreme Leader Kyno Ren himself. I don't in fact, as I am paranoid about such things. I just asked for general viewpoint on how to progress in the endgame- statistician that I am, modding and other things I can handle on my own.

What are you paranoid about? GAC history? You aren't required to put any personal identifying information on there.

At any rate, it's hard to give advice without seeing your full roster. You say you can handle modding on your own, but it's hard to see how fast your mods are without looking. I've seen many accounts where people have outspent on gear and their mods are not commensurate with their power level. Granted, with SEE and GAS, you may be ok on mods but you do admit to spending a lot quickly to catch up on SEE.

If you want general advice without seeing your roster, it will probably just be down to, make sure you're in a good guild, spend crystals on refreshes instead of the store, don't level mods without speed, etc.

For GAC, try spending some time looking up the counters to various teams. Wat Tambor is a goto plug and play character these days. Also, even if you don't have an swgoh.gg account, try scouting your opponents on there. If you are facing competitive players with JKL and GLs, maybe it won't help, but I'm finding a lot of opponents set consistent defenses everytime. It may help you to set aside specific counters for offense and then know what you can safely put on D.

Finally, I get the impression that you are a dark side player and also I'm sensing there are certain areas of the fandom you are more attuned to. And that's fine. But in this game, it's also at odds with being "an endgame competitive tactician." There are simply certain teams that do well, regardless of where in the lore their skin comes from. And I get it; I was never particularly fond of KOTOR, and it pains me to have a g12 Carth (an annoying character that I left back at the base/ship when able when I did play the game), but it still stands that the Revans are good characters in game. If you want to be competitive, get off the train of calling them "cheating Jedi," and go after those characters yourself, if you are seeing how powerful they are.

Or you can play how you want, farm the characters you want, and play more casually, foregoing being ultra-competitive, which is what I'm endeavoring to do these days.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Piggy backing off the above, it's hard to give advice, but here it goes:

Any player who has taken a break usually ends up in a worse position on mods, unless you have made that a bigger focus in your returning effort. Mods in the long run are a simple numbers game. The more you find and upgrade the better off you will be.

Mods would probably be helpful for your GAC situation, as it can make any good team better to be properly modded and what not.

As far as where to put gear, if you are just looking to improve, look at the teams you are having trouble against in GAC, (ignore your hatred of jedi), and either force on counter teams for them, or work on building/improving similar teams.

Also, any team that can be used in multiple places and help improve your gear income from events/raids/TB....ext., will always be a good investment.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

If you need a guild to help you figure out the direction of what you wanna do just give me a message

Just message OP directly next time.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Should have taken you own advice.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Should have taken you own advice.

Lol I like it 👍
  • Options
    Alright, thank you all. I've found a good guild, mainly employing Britishness and an old friend to enter. And I'll try to get an swgoh.gg account for later.

So ignore hatred of Jedi, stop being a Sithicentrist, use Peempo's Modfathering skills, do the Malak event etc etc. You may close this one, Lord Kyno.
This discussion has been closed.