I haven't unlocked Dooku or Sid

Duckoo
279 posts Member
edited March 2016
And I am sure that is a huge mistake to so many people. I just think they are overplayed and everywhere. I figure I can just pull them in as allies and make something else work in arena. I'm currently using

QJC leader
Rex
IG-88
Ewok Elder
and Luminara

In general, it works. Worked a lot better when there were more Sid's out there. Now that Sid's are missing and Dooku has insane dodge i'm having a bit more issues. I know where I need to work. I need to pull IG-88 out and replace it with Rey to get a faster heavy hitter and I likely need to pull out a healer for another heavy hitter. It won't be GS, not sure what it will be. I can replace Rex with Phasma and I may be getting to that point as I have not been able to use Rex's have another turn cause Sid did his AOE lately.

I've made it up as high as 63. So need to break the top 50. I think what I am lacking most is gear.

However, if people have good strategies to beat the current Dooku I'd love to hear it.

Replies

• Options
    You need to take Rex out. He's god awful without all the other clones. Ewok elder will also have to go, and considering your P2P, you need RG in there.
  • Options
    Unless you refuse to use Sith for religious reasons (**** goody-two-shoes Jedis), you have to farm Dooku.

Dooku+Rey+RG+2 DPS is pretty fun.
  • Duckoo
    279 posts Member
    Options
    I actually have Daka at max gear and 70, just a few shards short of 6 stars. So it's not a goody two shoes thing. I just don't like using characters I see everywhere. I'd rather do something new.

I know Rex has been lacking. The lack of clone synergy was all right while I was dealing with Sid's. But given he is faster than phasma it takes a while to pop his bonus turn now.

As for pay 2 play. I have paid some, but not a lot. And I waste way too much on chromium (which I am trying to cure myself of). I don't have the super awesome characters that are chromium exclusive with the exception of Rex. A lot of the reason I want to use that character. Of course, it means farming fives and clone seargent.
  • Options
    Get 86 in there and trade TR for Rex if you want a high damage tank like character.
  • Beewl
    129 posts Member
    Options
    You're probably spreading yourself too thin. I did at the beginning and chromiums make it worse. Unless you buy more and more of them.
  • Silken
    88 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Sid probably going to be looking for a new job in the galaxy when Fortitude come out. His healing block won't affect charactors until Fortitude is removed, so can either be left alone or taken out without harming anyone.

Dooku is another matter, especially against AI, which seems to allow charactor to evade on a whim. But on manual play, as long as you don't use AOE, then he's still pretty easy to beat.

Personally, I don't really rate non Jedi led teams with QJC as lead. Unless you have a tank to draw fire he's pretty much dead without the fast Jedi around him.
  • Duckoo
    279 posts Member
    Options
    I actually have a starred up and fully leveled JC on top of my Lumi. Ahsoka isn't looking bad and neither is Anakin. I could put together a Jedi team. Maybe it's not a bad idea as Sid is disappearing.
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    Options
    Dooku is by no means overrated... his unique ability is sick as it gets, you can attack like 4 times in a row with him... and within those hits, one will either stun or block ability.

Sid may be a bit overrated but still kind of “well needed“ characters in-game hence you will need him for DS missions.
  • Duckoo
    279 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I've actually done all of the ds missions. Three stars. Except for the last one on hard. That's At 2 stars. Bloody jedi resist all of the abilities. Phasma + greedo + borrowed sid + ig 88 ftw. I use the three debufs (including thermal detonator) and can wipe a large number of toons with 88s aoe.
  • Options
    Sid is great in GW for the consistent healing immunity but you can still complete it without him.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Duckoo
    279 posts Member
    Options
    Recently made a change to

QGJ lead
    Phasma
    Rex
    Rey
    Lumi

It's actually fun. My Rey is only 4 stars, soon 5, and about 40 hairdryers short of level 7 gear, but still hits pretty hard. My QG usually leads, followed by Lumi, followed by Rey. If the enemy applies a debuff, I use Rex and go through all of my characters. if Phasma ends up last, I use their Victory March for another 50% TM. typically only Dooku or Sid gets to go and by the time I go through all of this I've killed 2 toons on the enemy team and am ready to start going again pretty quickly before much of the enemy team works.

I know it won't work as well on defense. Rey would get slaughtered.