Putting skin in the game

SithAmer
227 posts Member
edited October 2020
Hey folks at CG!

How about introducing some character skins into the game through feats and game modes? Titles and portraits are not exciting and bringing new skins will breath fresh life into a relatively old and stale game. These feats should reward regular login and gameplay and should be achievable for F2P as well as P2P.

Also, how about bringing new "visible" weapons/tools for toons that boost a specific stat. Perhaps, a toon could have the option of using any 1 of 2 different weapons depending on how the player wants to use that toon for a particular battle. Not expecting total change in the toon's role here - more for optical feel which comes from new guns and weapons.

Also, I am seeing competing games regularly touching up and reworking old and obsolete toons to keep things fresh and ensuring that players don't feel that their investment has become completely useless due to ever changing META. Not expecting anything extraordinary here - just touch-ups.

Lastly, the game has too much consistency and order in the way it behaves. Would love to see few toons which bring element of surprise, variability and suspense into the gameplay.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    RNG is not enuf for you? xD
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    The surprise is in the packs!!! Will I get 5 or 330!!!!!!!!!
    Ps it’s always 5-7 lol
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    They had mentioned in a QA, I believe, that they will not do skins. They feel like it could add confusion about who is on playing.

They had spoken a little about relic abilities, which would be similar to the idea of a "visible weapon ", but the addition of another grind to upgrade or build the "visible weapon " doesnt sound like a good idea. I would imagine that anything that would add or change an ability of a toon would also fall into the top category.

They tend to work in the realm of bringing in a new leader or secondary character to bring new life to a team/faction.