When will shipments be updated? Galactic War, Cantina, etc.

Prev1
Raidbossesbest
156 posts Member
edited October 2020
So many end-game players, and even mid-game players have completely maxed out everything in pretty much every usable currency, and they are building a large stock of shard store currency. Now that’s all fine and dandy, but you would think CG would have a more inventive way to use this currency differently or add new characters etc. to the shipments. As the game approaches the 200 character mark, I don’t see why more characters should be farmable through currency, and I’m not talking talking about GET 1 and 2. When will the people get what they want and need CG?

Replies

• Options
    Me when CG don’t update this outdated area of the game, which is now just shard store currency farming for most players...

2k4oafd7fa3x.jpeg
  • scuba
    14068 posts Member
    Options
    Go search the q&a or I am sure someone will post a link.
    GW, arena, and cantina stores will not be changed and are basically shard shop feeders
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    What GP are you considering your "everything maxed" and building up stock on Shard shop currency. There is a bunch of useful gear in there and I dont see many with a stock pile of that currency.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    What GP are you considering your "everything maxed" and building up stock on Shard shop currency. There is a bunch of useful gear in there and I dont see many with a stock pile of that currency.

Yes but eventually their is sooooo much excess
  • Options

I have 2,5 million and I have had everything maxed since 2,2 million. Many players are at 8 million + now. I have an excess of shard store currency, and other currency is just used as shard store feeder currency. It is not inventive or useful, and it’s quite dull. Also, this post belongs in general discussion, it’s nothing about characters. Especially when SEE is too weak is the name of a post in general discussion, and that is somehow not in characters
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Maybe the definition of everything maxed is different than mine.

So with your roster you can max all tiers or waves of all events?

For some perspective, I am at 3.5M character Gp, and I am working on burning my 700k bronzium to keep any shard shop currency in my store. I never have any of the locked store currency.

I have 1 GL, and about to finish my second, as soon as i finish MM and Chewpio farm.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options

For some perspective, I am at 3.5M character Gp, and I am working on burning my 700k bronzium to keep any shard shop currency in my store. I never have any of the locked store currency.

I have 1 GL, and about to finish my second, as soon as i finish MM and Chewpio farm.

I’m talking about shipments. Yes I can max all shipments very easily.(Barring ones that change ie GET and Guild Store currency). Once I’ve maxed all the shipments that I can, they just sit there, and farm me shard currency, to the point where I have thousands left over
  • Options

I’m talking about shipments. Yes I can max all shipments very easily.(Barring ones that change ie GET and Guild Store currency). Once I’ve maxed all the shipments that I can, they just sit there, and farm me shard currency, to the point where I have thousands left over
    You'll need to share your secrets then.

I have 6.6M GP, obviously have everything maxed from the stores, but still I can't get enough shard store currency to gear up toon as quick as I'd like.
  • Options

I have 6.6M GP, obviously have everything maxed from the stores, but still I can't get enough shard store currency to gear up toon as quick as I'd like.

I don’t know what to say. I have 24,000 shard store currency rights now. And I buy all the useful gear whenever it pops up.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

But if you are not maxing out income from events then you step likely holding back on upgrading toons. This is why you are building up currency, not because they need to change the system.

Obviously no one would say to not manage your resources and I'm not saying you should just be throwing out upgrades, but there are many useful rewards from events, and if you are not there on all events like that, then you are just hoarding with a focus elsewhere. That is good to have a plan and focus. GLs in particular for me have been stressing my income from all places, and the shard shop has always been a daily thing for me, and it's always less than 1k.
    Everyone is supposed to max the stores that is the point of locking them. They wanted the stores to have a progression that leads to the shard shop for gear.
  • Options

But if you are not maxing out income from events then you step likely holding back on upgrading toons. This is why you are building up currency, not because they need to change the system.

Obviously no one would say to not manage your resources and I'm not saying you should just be throwing out upgrades, but there are many useful rewards from events, and if you are not there on all events like that, then you are just hoarding with a focus elsewhere. That is good to have a plan and focus. GLs in particular for me have been stressing my income from all places, and the shard shop has always been a daily thing for me, and it's always less than 1k.
    Everyone is supposed to max the stores that is the point of locking them. They wanted the stores to have a progression that leads to the shard shop for gear.

I am spending on all useful gear. I have progressed to the shard shop for gear. Why make the shard shop the end of the road?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I am spending on all useful gear. I have progressed to the shard shop for gear. Why make the shard shop the end of the road?

Because it allows players to not hoard currencies "just in case", and gives them a central location to funnel things. they have added things to that store a few times since that change.

it was done at a time to help with the gear crunch and remove the feeling of needing to store currencies. That made a path and a progression.
  • Options

Because it allows players to not hoard currencies "just in case", and gives them a central location to funnel things. they have added things to that store a few times since that change.

it was done at a time to help with the gear crunch and remove the feeling of needing to store currencies. That made a path and a progression.

A path and progression to one boring place ... The shard shop. And I’m not talking about hoarding, just implement something new, like trading in a certain amount of currency for energy, or something like that. Something more inventive and not just dull.
  • Options

I don’t know what to say. I have 24,000 shard store currency rights now. And I buy all the useful gear whenever it pops up.
    I too don't know what to say.

https://swgoh.gg/p/224646852/characters/

That's you, right? Claiming you have everything maxed from those stores is a flat out lie, isn't it? I was going to list the toons you don't have at 7* from those stores but the list goes well into double figures. "Maxing everything" does not mean taking the toons you like to 7* and ignoring the rest.

You've only got 7 g13 toons, with 9 more at g12. Suggesting you don't have a use for shard shop currency is very short sighted for when your roster grows a little in stature.

I have 65 g13 toons and 49 more at g12. Almost all of my shard shop currency goes on the gear needed to equip gear that takes toons from g12 to g13. I'm not posting this to brag, just to highlight how far short you are of having a developed roster and that you will soon run out of that shard shop currency.
  • TVF
    36621 posts Member
    Options
    No one can have everything useful maxed at a sub 3m GP, sorry.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    No one can have everything useful maxed at a sub 3m GP, sorry.

It’s a shame that I do. Sorry.
  • Options

That's you, right? Claiming you have everything maxed from those stores is a flat out lie, isn't it? I was going to list the toons you don't have at 7* from those stores but the list goes well into double figures. "Maxing everything" does not mean taking the toons you like to 7* and ignoring the rest.

You've only got 7 g13 toons, with 9 more at g12. Suggesting you don't have a use for shard shop currency is very short sighted for when your roster grows a little in stature.

I have 65 g13 toons and 49 more at g12. Almost all of my shard shop currency goes on the gear needed to equip gear that takes toons from g12 to g13. I'm not posting this to brag, just to highlight how far short you are of having a developed roster and that you will soon run out of that shard shop currency.

I don’t want to bloat GP so I haven’t unlocked/upgraded the characters. Don’t assume stuff you don’t know pal.
  • Options

I don’t want to bloat GP so I haven’t unlocked/upgraded the characters. Don’t assume stuff you don’t know pal.
    Ok.

I’ll leave you to your quest. We’re not playing the same game.
  • Options

Ok.

**** is this cryptic stuff? You know you made a mistake, just admit to it lol, don’t make up whatever this is.
  • Options

Ok.

**** is this cryptic stuff? You know you made a mistake, just admit to it lol, don’t make up whatever this is.
    I made no mistake. A 2.5M rookie with 16 toons at g12 or higher is trying to school someone with 6.6M and 114 g12 or higher toons in roster development.
  • Options

Ok.

I made no mistake. A 2.5M rookie with 16 toons at g12 or higher is trying to school someone with 6.6M and 114 g12 or higher toons in roster development.

Lmao, you said I hadn’t maxed out shops when I had cos you made a mistake, and give me your ally code pls to see how good you are
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    This is going off topic.

You 2 can measure GP in a direct message.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Unlocking doesnt add much and has no effect on GAC. Not sure what you are concerned with, but it's always good to have a plan and work your plan.

Your situation is less than ordinary.
  • Options

Unlocking doesnt add much and has no effect on GAC. Not sure what you are concerned with, but it's always good to have a plan and work your plan.

But upgrading does Bloat a lot of GP, and when I haven’t ever not got Kyber top 100, it works for me
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

But upgrading does Bloat a lot of GP, and when I haven’t ever not got Kyber top 100, it works for me

Unless you unlock a toon and gear then to be in your top 80, unlocking makes no difference in GA matchmaking.

I was merely pointing out that your case is very particular, the shard shop tends to be used more than you realize.
  • Options

Unless you unlock a toon and gear then to be in your top 80, unlocking makes no difference in GA matchmaking.

I was merely pointing out that your case is very particular, the shard shop tends to be used more than you realize.

Don’t talk down to me.
  • Options
    And that would be your cue to just ignore this thread from here on out.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Don’t talk down to me.

Excuse me? I wasn't.
  • Options

You also haven't cracked the top 100 in either fleet or squad arena - which is where crystals, the premium currency of the game, are earned.

The point that several people have tried to make to you is that your roster is severely underdeveloped for your time in the game. That's evident by your poor performance in both arenas (where you are matched against players who started at roughly the same time you did).

Sure, in GAC you get easier matchups - largely because you are matched up against people who haven't been playing nearly as long as you have.

All of that is simply to point out that that is why you don't see the value in shard shop currency. Because you have decided to develop your roster at a much slower pace than most players - and slower than is intended by game design. As such, you have inadvertently stock piled those currencies that most players use to expand their rosters faster than you have.

CG isn't going to change the store rotation. Partly, because they've stated as much. Partly because for most players, it functions as intended - that is, as a source for much-needed gear in an expanding roster.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

Ok.

Lmao, you said I hadn’t maxed out shops when I had cos you made a mistake, and give me your ally code pls to see how good you are
    Gladly. 343174317. You could have googled my swgoh.gg page.

In an attempt to get this back on topic, no amount of shard shop currency is ever “enough”. When you decide to push more of your toons up into g11-12-13 territory you will find much more of the shard shop gear “useful”.

Another good example of this is the gold eyeball salvage you get in challenges on a Thursday. My guess is you have a stockpile of hundreds of them. Possibly even thousands of them. That’s never going to be enough either.

So, if you really have farmed absolutely every shard for every toon in those stores you mentioned, keep stocking up the shard shop currency. One day you’ll be glad of it. Oh, and promote the toons to 7* while you’re at it. They make no difference to your matchmaking.