Who's the best leader to have?

Mrek0
188 posts Member

Replies

• Olle
    501 posts Member
    Options
    Dooku of your DPS heavy. QGJ if you have yoda and are vs a dooku team. Nute if your crit heavy.
  • Options
    It's a toss up between QGJ and Dooku right now in my opinion but I'm still seeing plenty of teams making Phasma work too. If you are running droids then I give the nod to Poggle. GS, 86, 88, and Poe with Poggle lead is still formidable IMO. Sid is probably still viable too, I just think all of those squads have switched to Dooku...especially against Jedi teams. Put Sid behind Dooku and you might as well not even try to hit him with a Jedi. It ups his dodge rate to somewhere in the 57% range.
  • Options
    This is strictly speculation - they have been talking about how defense rating will now be a factor. If this is the thing that will be the catalus of the new meta then what about someone like Chewbacca or Kit Fisto for a Jedi team to give more defense and win the battle of attrition?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    FeepCunner wrote: »
    This is strictly speculation - they have been talking about how defense rating will now be a factor. If this is the thing that will be the catalus of the new meta then what about someone like Chewbacca or Kit Fisto for a Jedi team to give more defense and win the battle of attrition?

EEETTTHHH!!! (j/k)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I use a stun heavy team. So I run Dooku lead. It's just awesome when 4 of the other team are standing there stunned.
  • KamikazeRhombus
    1412 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    MrClean621 wrote: »
    It's a toss up between QGJ and Dooku right now in my opinion but I'm still seeing plenty of teams making Phasma work too. If you are running droids then I give the nod to Poggle. GS, 86, 88, and Poe with Poggle lead is still formidable IMO. Sid is probably still viable too, I just think all of those squads have switched to Dooku...especially against Jedi teams. Put Sid behind Dooku and you might as well not even try to hit him with a Jedi. It ups his dodge rate to somewhere in the 57% range.

I still prefer HK to lead my droids for the extra turn meter. The offense up won't matter when everyone is dead. Although I guess turn meter won't matter either.
  • Options
    The best leader will always depend who is on your team and who works better for them.
  • Options
    Phasma because she's rad.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    What???! No Yoda? I run 4 Jedi including Yoda, as soon as Yoda is 7 * he will be my leader, I promise you.. % tenacity PLUS the ability to add more? Yeah give me that...

Grand Master's Guidance - Jedi allies gain 22.5% Tenacity, and gain 25% Turn Meter whenever they Resist a negative status effect.

It works pretty well at 5 * I am really looking forward to see this at 7 *, I *BET* I make it to top 10 in Arena doing this...

In the mean time I really like Ahsoka, gives me 13% evade (same as Lumi, but instead of heals I get 15% turn meter).. that is a game changer

Nothing more satisfying than watching Sid and duku attacks bounce off..
  • Options
    To me it's QGJ or Dooku (when used by AI), but I do see a lot of Phasma, so she must be useful in the eyes of many.
  • Options
    I hate when people say Dooku and Qui Gon are the only possible leaders. The game is way more balanced than you'd think but the perception makes people stick to a very small set of possible teams. I have Bariss as lead (of my Jedi team) and she's great (I'm #1 right now). Ive seen Ewok teams dominate with Chirpa as lead. There's a great team on my server with Rex as lead. My point is that it depends more on the synergy of your squad. If a specific leader ability is what your team needs to succeed, use that one. Phasma vs Sid is a great example. Phasma is a better lead for Daka or yoda cause you score more stuns and free foresights, but sid is better leading teams with lots of AoE attacks. Try different things and see what works!
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    Currently the top 50 on my server are Dooku with a QGJ scattered here and there. I would use QGJ as lead but since I have only one other Jedi on my team it's not as beneficial as Phasma whose leader ability works on all allies. I'm not wasting my time farming Dooku since I have a feeling something will change. Every day I see more Dooku leads as people get him leveled up. Can't imagine it continuing to the point of everyone using him.
  • Options
    Teebo
  • Options
    The top people on my shard all are using QGJ or Dooku though there are some Captain Phasmas, Sidious, and HK/Poggles here and there.
  • Options
    Jedi_Yoda wrote: »
    What???! No Yoda? I run 4 Jedi including Yoda, as soon as Yoda is 7 * he will be my leader, I promise you.. % tenacity PLUS the ability to add more? Yeah give me that...

Grand Master's Guidance - Jedi allies gain 22.5% Tenacity, and gain 25% Turn Meter whenever they Resist a negative status effect.
    You do realize that Yoda's Battle Meditation gives something like 9,999% tenacity, right? Having him as lead just to add 22.5% more is a waste.