Need help using GL Palp

So I went hard for SEE, I have him relic 7 with 5 zeta's and his ultimate ability, based on the videos and chatter I have seen its supposed to be an easy win vs GL Rey, I have tried multiple team comps so far, the best I have found so far is SEE, Vader, Nihlus, DR, and Sith empire trooper, however I still have only about a 50% win rate vs Rey and get knocked back 20-30 places over night by Rey teams. I have decent speed and health mods on him and all other characters are between relics 3 and 7 on the team. It seems like her sudden whirlwind is an insta-kill on whoever she targets, and it refreshes any time her allys fall below 50% health, so my team is wiped before I can get my ultimate to trigger, and even when I do its not a guaranteed win, because her ultimate will one shot SEE if he's the last one standing. So I guess I am trying to figure out what I am doing wrong, why am I unable to make this supposed "hard counter to rey" work as a hard counter? Any tips would be great.

Replies

• Options
    Maybe try Thrawn and fracture Rey?
    From the feedback on SEE so far, he's a poor defensive option so you probably shouldn't expect it to hold. SEE just seems rather underwhelming..
  • Options
    Who are you Linking?

Bringing SET and Triumvirate might help, as (ironically) they don’t do too much damage outside of Annihilate. Or BSF for Ability Blocks and debuffs. Or Thrawn.

I have to agree that I don’t know if SEE can hold much on defense... depends on the team.
  • Options
    I usually link GAS and Jedi luke if they are on the team, basically whoever deals the most damage. I have tried thrawn but he gets targeted by JKR, the biggest issue I have is JKR's savior, I can not kill hermit yoda because of that and he makes the Rey team too godly to take down in time before she wipes the whole team.
  • Options
    Isolate can solve most of your Savior problem, but Traya will need to be bulky to take the Marked hits.

Could try bringing both Traya and Thrawn, as he can’t Mark both.
  • Options
    Don’t use Vader, he will feed her to much ultimate charge. Use Fallen Bastilla for the 50% defense buff. Switch your links before you use the ultimate and you should be able to kill off 3 or 4. Wait for her to use ultimate before you use yours so you can 1v1(2) her. If you have Wat, tank tech makes him almost invincible against Rey. It won’t help on defense but easy offense wins at least.
  • dgree
    521 posts Member
    Options
    SEE isn't a hard counter to Rey and takes some finesse even if you get to ultimate (getting to 1v1 isn't a guaranteed win), so don't be too hard on yourself. However, SLKR is a hard counter to SEE, and probably plays a big role in you dropping overnight--not much you can do about that other than begging shardmates to climb around you.
  • Options
    Only God can help you. You are on your own as SEE is the worst GL by far.
  • SparkyBurns
    519 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Yeah it's not an "easy win" against Rey at all unless she's strictly using just Resistance characters. Depending on who is on the team you need to mitigate some damage. I'll usually link GAS and whoever the other big attacker is first, so JKL, Revan, etc. Your goal here will be to try and keep everyone alive as long as possible and then right before she does her whirlwind, link her and someone else so she won't just immediately wipe your whole team.

I usually go in with SEE, Triumvirate, and Sith Empire Trooper.

Don't necessarily activate the ultimate the second you have it. I personally won't activate it until I absolutely have to so that you build up as much mastery as possible. That way when it gets to 1v1 like it always does you can power through and take her down. You need good speed and good damage to be able to do it reliably.

As for falling overnight just get used to it. There are a dozen teams that can beat SEE on defense and since you're the shiny new toy everyone is going to be targeting you anyway.

Edit: Revan not Reagan. The new phone hasn't quite learned my Star Wars tendencies yet