Bestest Troopers team with new Piett?

Veers, starck, piett, and who else? Right now I'm running them with Death and Shore because I already had them geared up, but the team is underwhelming. Can beat some weaker NS teams but thats it. On defense they are horrible.

I think Snow, Range, are best options. My range is only 3 stars tho. Snow is 7 stars g7 and I could gear him up. Is snow worth it? I also have Magna guard at g11. And regular stormtrooper is 7 stars too but only g7.

Replies

• Options
    Oh yeah also what teams are the new piett troopers good at countering? I know they are good vs. NS and destroy SEE. But what else?
  • Options
    Snow and death go well with the core 3. As for counters, they can counter rebels and bounty hunters at least but I do not know of others because I don't have a troopers team.
  • Options
    Snow and death go well with the core 3. As for counters, they can counter rebels and bounty hunters at least but I do not know of others because I don't have a troopers team.

Thanks. Is magna better than shore?

Re: rebels. Do you mean CLS trio rebels or Chaze rebels?
  • Options
    Yes snowtrooper is worth it.i recommend gearing that one up.magna and shore are two different toons.shore is a healing tank and magna is a tanky attacker that can hit more than once and remove tm with the grenade attack.i have a g12 magma and he is pretty good.i dont use him with my troopers any more thou.i run him with a empire team.im farming piett and will run veers,piet,stark,range troop and snowtrooper.my shore and deathtroopers are gear 8 and 10.the rest are g12.range is my favorite trooper
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Range + Death or Range + Snow. Best two options. Range is pretty much required with Piett around.
  • Options
    I think death and snow are the best.
    For counters, they can beat jedi luke lead teams, bounty hunters, nightsisters, darth revan without sith empire trooper, and (almost) all non top tier teams like ewoks, old republic etc.
  • Options
    Magma and Range. Hands down. No contest.

Veers lead, Piett (modded for speed, he's the fastest trooper now, faster than Starck even), Magma (modded for health and protection if placing on D, offense and tenacity if using on O), Range, and 1 more (Starck is the default for his extra buffs, but Death and Snow have their uses too).

Put Piett's Inevitable Failure on Magma (Piett's AI should put it on the beefiest so mod for hp+prot to get it to happen on auto/D) and it will trigger Magma's 70% turn meter gain with every stack (occurs every time he takes a turn up to a stack of 20). In addition, Piett's buff gives out 10% tm to everyone with every turn and every out of turn attack... and range gives a 50% chance to call an assist while buffed. Thus EVERY SINGLE TURN, Magma gives himself 80% tm and everyone else 10% tm and a 50% chance to give himself 90% tm and everyone else 20% tm. This is machine gun Magma without needed to be facing Sion.
  • Options
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    Magma and Range. Hands down. No contest.

Veers lead, Piett (modded for speed, he's the fastest trooper now, faster than Starck even), Magma (modded for health and protection if placing on D, offense and tenacity if using on O), Range, and 1 more (Starck is the default for his extra buffs, but Death and Snow have their uses too).

Put Piett's Inevitable Failure on Magma (Piett's AI should put it on the beefiest so mod for hp+prot to get it to happen on auto/D) and it will trigger Magma's 70% turn meter gain with every stack (occurs every time he takes a turn up to a stack of 20). In addition, Piett's buff gives out 10% tm to everyone with every turn and every out of turn attack... and range gives a 50% chance to call an assist while buffed. Thus EVERY SINGLE TURN, Magma gives himself 80% tm and everyone else 10% tm and a 50% chance to give himself 90% tm and everyone else 20% tm. This is machine gun Magma without needed to be facing Sion.

Do you have some videos of that ?
  • Options
    Piett really belongs with Vader. I hate to straight up not answer the question, but I vote VaderTrooper
  • Options
    Piett really belongs with Vader. I hate to straight up not answer the question, but I vote VaderTrooper

Piett turns a Vader attacker from really good to slightly above really good. He takes Troopers from meh to really good. The only reason to put him with Vader is if you can't quite beat a GL Rey with the squad and you need just a bit more to put yourself over the edge. Otherwise you're just wasting Piett's potential.

The general consensus is Veers, Starck, Piett, Range, and a rotating cast for the fifth. Usually Snowtrooper. Range is pretty much a must have thanks to the assists which give tons of TM. Deathtrooper can go here but he's a bit more niche
  • Options
    Range plus whoever, imo. All three of the damage dealers (snow, death, magma) are pretty good in their own ways, but only Range gives you those sweet extra assists. The protection recovery is nice too.

You could also do Shore instead of another damage dealer if you want to give them some staying power instead of just being 100% reliant on the TM train. Options abound.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png