A Big Missed Opportunity....

Prev1
Does anyone else think having Baby Yoda (The Child) just shown on IG-11 and not as any kind of playability a huge missed opportunity??? He doesn't even have any kind of abilities or actions tied with IG-11's kit or anyone else?!?! The amount of people that would go nuts over The Child, Whales and F2P alike. Hoping that he was gonna be the next Legendary character after the release of IG and Kuiil, but now it wouldn't make sense if he's already sitting on IG's chest and then a new playable character. This was just such a let down. Also not a fan at all of having IG-11 and Kuiil being released through Galactic Challenges. A 2 weekend long, drawn out marquee event for each character for more forced interaction with GC's. Definitely not the best new playable content that's been released.
I swear I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer and only want to complain in this thread. I LOVE the game and want to keep playing for years to come, I just wasn't happy with the latest decisions made with these last few characters.
Thanks for your time!

Replies

• Options
    Nope, it's not a missed opportunity. It would have been ridicilious for the child to be a character in combat. I bet there will be other combos, but no single child until in later seasons when his representation as an onlooker possibly changes. No amount of popularity is a reason for it to be made a toon by itself.
  • Options
    Youre totally a Debbie Downer.
  • Options
    Even if not as a playable character, how about some interactions with the other team memeber's or enemies, buffs/ debuffs. Health regen or protection, force stasis or choke. All of which we know he's capable of. Being an on looker and doing nothing on IG-11 is a swing and a miss. They could have done more with him.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Even if not as a playable character, how about some interactions with the other team memeber's or enemies, buffs/ debuffs. Health regen or protection, force stasis or choke. All of which we know he's capable of. Being an on looker and doing nothing on IG-11 is a swing and a miss. They could have done more with him.

who's to say they dont have more plans for him.

This is similar to everyone asking for Jedi Luke at the onset of the game. This is less of a swing and a miss, and more of a setup for the long game.
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of shooting at babies, so no. Not a missed opportunity. This is the best solution they could have found: he is in the game, like people wanted, but we are not making soldier children.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    And season 2 will have an older baby Yoda so more likely that will be the stand alone character.
  • Options
    He’s 50 years old and still considered an “infant”. Meaning that through the course of the show he will always be an infant. His personality, mannerisms, and abilities shouldn’t change that much. He not suddenly going to be an angsty teenager throwing force lightning around. There should be some abilities already tied to him similar to Chewpio. I agree that it was a wasted opportunity.
  • Options
    I will say, though, their math is a bit suspect. Yoda lived 10 times longer than a human normally does. So a 50 year old baby Yoda should be equivalent to a 5 year old, not a 1 year old.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    I will say, though, their math is a bit suspect. Yoda lived 10 times longer than a human normally does. So a 50 year old baby Yoda should be equivalent to a 5 year old, not a 1 year old.

Per other fictional settings, races with long life spans do not necessarily age as humans, just scaled up. For example, elves still reach maturity in the same number of years as humans, but their later lives are significantly longer/only ended by trauma/injury.

For all we know Yoda's species could be infantile until age 100, then rapidly progress through adolescence in 50 years, and spend the other ~350 in an adult stage. It hasn't been announced in cannon, so speculation is futile.

4kqb11.jpg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ltswb1 wrote: »

Per other fictional settings, races with long life spans do not necessarily age as humans, just scaled up. For example, elves still reach maturity in the same number of years as humans, but their later lives are significantly longer/only ended by trauma/injury.

For all we know Yoda's species could be infantile until age 100, then rapidly progress through adolescence in 50 years, and spend the other ~350 in an adult stage. It hasn't been announced in cannon, so speculation is futile.

4kqb11.jpg

u0jqu74i63vd.png
  • Options
    Make Baby Yoda like Hermit Yoda. Can't attack him and he vanishes when rest of team is wiped. He can be the next galactic legend. He can be a support that manipulates the battlefield with the force. Maybe he can call a krayt dragon in for assists
  • crzydroid
    7384 posts Moderator
    Options
    I don't think having him on IG-11 necessarily means he can never be his own unit. You can have Threepio, Chewie, and Threepio&Chewie at the same time. You can have the same jacket twice in the same team. Or the same lightsaber 4 times at the same time. To say nothing of 5 Hans or Chewbaccas.
  • Options
    I was hoping they would have him floating in the pram behind Mando or something, but the pack on IG-11 doesn't bother me.
    I'm not a fan of shooting at babies, so no. Not a missed opportunity. This is the best solution they could have found: he is in the game, like people wanted, but we are not making soldier children.

For the sake of argument, how is this different than Vader fastballing his lightsaber into innocent little Wickets face? Plus the little guy is 50!
  • Options
    StarDog89 wrote: »
    I was hoping they would have him floating in the pram behind Mando or something, but the pack on IG-11 doesn't bother me.

For the sake of argument, how is this different than Vader fastballing his lightsaber into innocent little Wickets face? Plus the little guy is 50!

Innocent little Wicket was an adult warrior who tried to cook and eat the heroes. Nothing to do with a baby.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

This is similar to everyone asking for Jedi Luke at the onset of the game. This is less of a swing and a miss, and more of a setup for the long game.

I look forward to being outraged when he’s added in 3 years, and being upset that he doesn’t have the rebel-errr-mando tag
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

I look forward to being outraged when he’s added in 3 years, and being upset that he doesn’t have the rebel-errr-mando tag

dont forget, it will also be with what should have been the Mace rework kit, but they needed to get him out, ya know before the game di...eerrrr, while the game is still popular.
  • Options

So you are a fan of shooting kids though? Never heard you complain about Ezra (15) or Ahsoka (14).
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • scuba
    14182 posts Member
    Options
    It is definitely not a missed opportunity, money wise for the game.
    Hello panic farms.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

So you are a fan of shooting kids though? Never heard you complain about Ezra (15) or Ahsoka (14).

There is a slight difference between a teen and a baby. There is also an intent part of it, those 2 are putting themselves into the situation, the child is not really there by choice.
  • Options

There is a slight difference between a teen and a baby. There is also an intent part of it, those 2 are putting themselves into the situation, the child is not really there by choice.

C-3P0 isn’t there by choice. He’s a droid forced to obey and he is extremely afraid of and dislikes confrontation.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Make him Non-Targetable like Arc Trooper Turret and just give it assist mechanics.

And let him vibe out in his little pod.

Problem solved
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Eweff wrote: »

C-3P0 isn’t there by choice. He’s a droid forced to obey and he is extremely afraid of and dislikes confrontation.

who is he forced to obey? he seems to willingly follow people into where ever, without any orders to do so. but he is also not a child or a baby, so that is a whole other conversation.
  • Options

The Child lifted a huge beast in an episode and force choked Cara Dune in another. It is similar to when people think animals are just innocent and then get mauled by it.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

The Child lifted a huge beast in an episode and force choked Cara Dune in another. It is similar to when people think animals are just innocent and then get mauled by it.

Yes he can be dangerous after being put into a situation. Much like a wild animal being cornered or out into a situation they dont want to be in.

He did not go into those situations on his own. It's also hard to say if be knew the mudhorn would be killed. He could have been doing it just to save his friend.
  • Options

who is he forced to obey? he seems to willingly follow people into where ever, without any orders to do so. but he is also not a child or a baby, so that is a whole other conversation.

I think that it’s similar to the clone troopers. Built and programmed to be compliant and obedient.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I think that it’s similar to the clone troopers. Built and programmed to be compliant and obedient.

When he runs after R2, saying where are you going....he doesnt seem to be obedient, he seems to be going on his own.

Similar protocol droids can be rude and exhibit other "independent" thought processes.
  • Options
    LordDunbar wrote: »
    Make Baby Yoda like Hermit Yoda. Can't attack him and he vanishes when rest of team is wiped. He can be the next galactic legend. He can be a support that manipulates the battlefield with the force. Maybe he can call a krayt dragon in for assists

Hermit Yoda can be targeted and attacked.
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Options

When he runs after R2, saying where are you going....he doesnt seem to be obedient, he seems to be going on his own.

Similar protocol droids can be rude and exhibit other "independent" thought processes.

I’d say that R2 is different from 3P0. For instance, they sell 3P0 to Jabba as a slave worker without 3P0s consent or awareness.
  • Options

Baby yoda GL confirmed?
  • Options

Nobody here is a fan of shooting at babies in real life (I hope). There is a significant distinction between real life and a mobile phone game though. Maybe I'm a huge ****, but the idea of Baby Yoda getting shot at by Droideka on my phone screen doesn't bother me one bit. It's no more real than when we see Baby Yoda in peril on the tv show.
    Now I don't ever expect CG to add this character, specifically because of the baby thing, and I don't really care one way or the other. I'm just pushing back on the argument that there is any real moral problem to including the character in-game.