Why Jedi Master Luke Efflux is bugged.

scuba
14049 posts Member
Since the previous discussion was closed and there was real questions here is the bug report.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Jedi-Master-Luke-Efflux-debuffs-not-being-resisted/m-p/9641773#M43544

I have explained it all there.

Replies

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    @Ultra so either Efflux is bugged or every other AoE debuff that can be resisted in the game is bugged.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Efflux would be the bugged one in that case obviously

I think JML is very meh outside of Efflux, and him being a Galactic Legend, I think this could be intentional since AI keeps avoiding targets with tenacity instead of hitting one at random for Efflux

If this is WAI it would makes sense that AI targets low tenacity toons when using Efflux instead of a random toon, but its more likely this is bugged, and i really hope a developer chimes in on this topic
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

I think JML is very meh outside of Efflux, and him being a Galactic Legend, I think this could be intentional since AI keeps avoiding targets with tenacity instead of hitting one at random for Efflux

If this is WAI it would makes sense that AI targets low tenacity toons when using Efflux instead of a random toon, but its more likely this is bugged, and i really hope a developer chimes in on this topic

What's funny is that, if it is bugged, then CG somehow programed the AI to outsmart the programmer who coded the ability. So we've got that going for us.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

I have no issues with the targeting and that is not what I am saying is bugged.
    With an AoE attack the targeting shouldn't matter anyways.
    What is bugged is that based on the targeting you can apply part of a debuff to those it should not be able to apply on.
    A debuff should never have only parts of it apply, it should be all parts or no parts.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

What is bugged is that based on the targeting you can apply part of a debuff to those it should not be able to apply on.
    A debuff should never have only parts of it apply, it should be all parts or no parts.

Apology in advance, as I haven't looked at the coding (and I'm sure you have) but are there separate potency/tenacity checks for each effect? Or does it say that one of the effects cannot be evaded /resisted? (sorry, I'm not in - game to check)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    This has been flagged as a bug and is being looked at.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

Apology in advance, as I haven't looked at the coding (and I'm sure you have) but are there separate potency/tenacity checks for each effect? Or does it say that one of the effects cannot be evaded /resisted? (sorry, I'm not in - game to check)

So for a debuff that has multiple parts there is only one tencity vs potecny check for one part of the debuff. If that passes than the other parts are un-resistable, which makes sense as the entire debuff should be applied or resisted
    Example Breech has 3 parts (and I am only looking at single application like HT not AoE like Luke
    armor reduction
    resistance reduction
    speed reduction

The tenacity potency check is done on the armor reduction and if the armor reduction sticks, then the resistance and speed reduction is also applied (without a resistance check)