Client Restart Update Time Issues

Today I got an in-game notification (just like everyone else) that said there would be a game update today. The update said that it would update around 3:15 pacific time, but the update occurred nearly an hour later at about 4:15 pacific time. I would just like clarification if the update was released later than expected or whether it is an issue with changing clocks due to daylight savings time. I just want to prevent any other possible issues that may arise if it was caused by a daylight savings time issue.

-Anakin_Earthrunner

Replies

• Options
    i would assume its from daylight savings. you are probably in an area that doesn't follow it, thus your PST prediction was off by that hour
  • Options
    The area I'm in does follow daylight saving time though, so that wouldn't explain it. Correct?
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    Most likely it was an estimate and it took longer or couldn't do the restart then, so they moved it an hour.
    Anyone guess but the good thing is they tend to do the restarts at 15 minutes after the hour to minimize disruptions in arena climbs
  • Options
    The area I'm in does follow daylight saving time though, so that wouldn't explain it. Correct?

yeah, then im unsure.. personally i didnt know we had an update until i read this so idk what time the update actually was
  • StarSon
    7466 posts Member
    Options
    "Issues"
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    There was a delay, and it went out late.

This has nothing to do with DLS.