Kuill A Galactic Challenge Reward?

Prev1
Is this the direction chars are going and marquees are dead? Galactic Challenge imo isnt the right place to release a character and alienates alot of the newer players from getting these characters. Adding just another grind that doesnt add any entertainment value to it and only adds frustration to the player base is how i see Kuill being in as Galactic Challenge reward.

Such a shame even though im sure ive got powerful enough account to get his reward i feel bad for those that dont and think this hurts the community instead of providing fun.

Replies

• flux_rono
    2125 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Both Kuiil and IG-11 will be initially available in a special set of Galactic Challenges as opposed to our regular Marquee format. These events are In November, each character will have two special Galactic Challenges on Nevarro where you will use your Droids and Bounty Hunters to unlock 40-60 shards total for each character from their 2 events. The shards are unlocked by completing the first 2-3 tiers of each Galactic Challenge so you won’t need to worry if you can’t complete the Feats. We’ll return to Marquee introductions for future characters.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/237543/state-of-the-galaxy-october-2020#latest

not replacing marquee, not really making it hard for lower people (same difficulty if anything)
  • Options
    Is this the direction chars are going and marquees are dead? Galactic Challenge imo isnt the right place to release a character and alienates alot of the newer players from getting these characters. Adding just another grind that doesnt add any entertainment value to it and only adds frustration to the player base is how i see Kuill being in as Galactic Challenge reward.

Such a shame even though im sure ive got powerful enough account to get his reward i feel bad for those that dont and think this hurts the community instead of providing fun.

From the event announcement : "The shards are unlocked by completing the first 2-3 tiers of each Galactic Challenge so you won’t need to worry if you can’t complete the Feats."

It's fine.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Basically they replaced the “good” rewards in the first few tiers with something you normally get for free. And now you don’t even get to test them out like you do in the marquis events
  • Options
    This is great news. I wish it woulda been included in the in game newsletter where i got the information because i assumed the worst. Thank you for clarifying and one of the few times I must apologize for assuming the worst and it wasnt actually what i assumed
  • Options
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    Basically they replaced the “good” rewards in the first few tiers with something you normally get for free. And now you don’t even get to test them out like you do in the marquis events

Do we know what the rewards fit the rest of the tiers are yet? It's possible they included other shards in the later tiers.

Wait....it's CG. Who am I kidding... :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Do we know what the rewards fit the rest of the tiers are yet? It's possible they included other shards in the later tiers.

From the event announcement : "The shards are unlocked by completing the first 2-3 tiers of each Galactic Challenge so you won’t need to worry if you can’t complete the Feats."

It's fine.
    Doesn’t look likely that the shards will be in later tiers.
  • Options
    There will be some catch I just know it. They say scoundrels or bounty hunters but not specifically which ones will be required. If it’s something crazy like a R7 IG-88 or R7 mob enforcer forget about it I’ll wait and farm the new toons.
    Again, tiers 1-3 of a GC are not likely to need r7 anybody.
  • Options
    There will be some catch I just know it. They say scoundrels or bounty hunters but not specifically which ones will be required. If it’s something crazy like a R7 IG-88 or R7 mob enforcer forget about it I’ll wait and farm the new toons.

they said its the first time rewards. no connection to feats
  • Options
    flux_rono wrote: »

they said its the first time rewards. no connection to feats

This.
  • Options

This is obviously not the case, but it would be great to get extra shards where those later tiers pack quite a punch. It would have given some exclusivity to the owners of high grade teams needed in the particular gc.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options

Wait no one datamined that yet?
  • Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »

This is obviously not the case, but it would be great to get extra shards where those later tiers pack quite a punch. It would have given some exclusivity to the owners of high grade teams needed in the particular gc.

But anyone with a GL will smash it and grab the shards as it’s not tied to any feats. So hardly “exclusivity.”
  • Options
    khdelboy wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »

But anyone with a GL will smash it and grab the shards as it’s not tied to any feats. So hardly “exclusivity.”

Since we are talking about an idea that's not happening yet, it can easily be tied to something
  • Options

Are the shards replacing the rewards for tiers 1-3, or just being added as an addition to the normal rewards for 1-3?
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    How many weeks will it take for them to go to Additive Drops and then Hard Nodes? @CG_SBCrumb

Same duration as marquee to shipment and then shipment to hard node? Or will it be shorter duration for each movement?
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    How many weeks will it take for them to go to Additive Drops and then Hard Nodes? @CG_SBCrumb

Same duration as marquee to shipment and then shipment to hard node? Or will it be shorter duration for each movement?

It also seems to lump them together, so I would guess "some time" after the IG-11 GC. It would be nice to at least get a general time frame @CG_Doja_Fett .
  • Options
    I'm guessing the addition of additive cantina drops to the normal release cadence means these characters will be needed for a legendary event which is coming very soon.
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options
    Keydash1 wrote: »
    I'm guessing the addition of additive cantina drops to the normal release cadence means these characters will be needed for a legendary event which is coming very soon.

Well, it's not a "normal" release cadence, hence the GC. But they did hint that it would be an accelerated release, and they hinted there was an event coming.
  • Options
    Keydash1 wrote: »

This guy CGs!
  • DarthGlovoc
    149 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

It also seems to lump them together, so I would guess "some time" after the IG-11 GC. It would be nice to at least get a general time frame @CG_Doja_Fett .

They could put Kuiil on cantina until ig-12's gcs have finished and then move Kuiil to hard nodes and ig-11 to cantina. That is probably too fast but it would be nice.
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options

They could put Kuiil on cantina until ig-12's gcs have finished and then move Kuiil to hard nodes and ig-11 to cantina. That is probably too fast but it would be nice.

They "could" do anything, but what I was saying is that in their announcement, it sounds like they are doing the additive drops together:
    Some time following these Galactic Challenges, both characters’ shards will temporarily drop from Cantina Nodes as Additive drops

It doesn't definitely mean that, but that is how it reads to me.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    So has anyone had trouble getting the shards yet?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    I got all the shards tiers 1-3 with an account based on 800k GP. One G12 character and some G10s. It’s beyond easy.
  • Options
    As it was pointed in another thread, the mini tutorial that went with Marquee was nice (letting us use the "Marquee" as a guest character or watnot during the GC dedicated to it could be fun).
    However, the release through GC, especially folowed by added rewards on Cantina nodes, is more generous shard wise, even if you won't refresh cantina energy.

• StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    As it was pointed in another thread, the mini tutorial that went with Marquee was nice (letting us use the "Marquee" as a guest character or watnot during the GC dedicated to it could be fun).

The mini-tutorial was useless. By the time you actually get to use the character in the actual game, it's 4 months later and you've forgotten what it said. I always tried to hit auto/auto before the messages popped up so I didn't have to click through them.
  • Options
    However, the release through GC, especially folowed by added rewards on Cantina nodes, is more generous shard wise, even if you won't refresh cantina energy.

Considering that under normal circumstances, refreshing cantina energy is probably the 2nd or 3rd best use of crystals anyway, the added shards will definitely have me refreshing on my main account while I farm signal data and as much as possible on my alt while I farm my cantina farms.
  • Options

The mini-tutorial was useless. By the time you actually get to use the character in the actual game, it's 4 months later and you've forgotten what it said. I always tried to hit auto/auto before the messages popped up so I didn't have to click through them.

I'm not sure. In my early days in the game it was quite interesting, especially because I didn't wait 6 months to use a Marquee character I liked. Now I find it less useful because I have enough game experience to understand a kit from game text, but not to the point that it's completely useless.
  • Options
    So we can’t get him to 3 stars at unlock like w marquees? That stinks
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.