New Raid Potential?

Yung_Hen
139 posts Member
edited November 2020
I know people have already been mentioning this but CG could seriously do a super cool Mandalorian Raid.
**SPOILERS** but the Krayt Dragon would be crazy, now the Cave Spiders, and I’m sure there’ll be even bigger things on the horizon.
Feel like it’d be a good opportunity for CG to try to capitalize on the Mando hype train and get some new users to join as well.

Replies

• LordDunbar
    477 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Not gonna lie i really want
    cave spiders
  • Options
    Don't forget Season 1

-- Join IG-11 in ep. 1

-- Something on chapter 6 (ik it was trash tho)

-- Something with the Client and then Moff Gideon as phase after that
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Options
    Don't forget Season 1

-- Join IG-11 in ep. 1

Yeah facts. I think a legendary Gideon would be sick. Like same tier character as CLS or R2 would be nice, make empire a true A tier faction

• Options
    Yung_Hen wrote: »
    I know people have already been mentioning this

By people you mean Cubs ?
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Don't forget Season 1

-- Join IG-11 in ep. 1

Yeah facts. I think a legendary Gideon would be sick. Like same tier character as CLS or R2 would be nice, make empire a true A tier faction

I’ve been think this since Piett. He made imp troopers better. But I feel Gideon with dark sabre is the missing piece.
    They made rebels better with chewpo. Even mothma isn’t all that bad.
  • Options
    When you guys speak of raids I would like to see one involving ships
  • Options
    Maybe Razor Crest reward too. I don’t want to gear and maybe relic Jawas.
  • Options

Me too. At least 1 phase
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

That was the intention a while ago. Then someone got the bright idea that GCs will be better...
  • Options
    There is not going to be a new raid. Not any time soon. GL’s make it to hard to balance. To not be beatable day one they would have to toon it to guilds that could have up to 200 GL’s. If they did that most of the players would not get to do the heroic raid for 2-4 years.
  • Options
    JMG680 wrote: »
    There is not going to be a new raid. Not any time soon. GL’s make it to hard to balance. To not be beatable day one they would have to toon it to guilds that could have up to 200 GL’s. If they did that most of the players would not get to do the heroic raid for 2-4 years.

I agree that it would be super difficult to tune for GL's in the current raid format.....however, there are no GL ships.....
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

This is not true. There are many ways to prevent GLs from soloing a raid.

One simple way, is have a
    1 or 2 phases be ships. Literally pulling a single team solo out of the deck right off the bat.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

This is not true. There are many ways to prevent GLs from soloing a raid.

One simple way, is have a
    1 or 2 phases be ships. Literally pulling a single team solo out of the deck right off the bat.

Or alternatively, something similar they've done with raids past, is introduce a new debuff or mechanic that might potentially cripple GL solos. Something tuned to relics that decreases mastery the longer you spend on a phase or something. The strategy regarding this debuff mechanic and the corresponding cleanse unique to the raid would put a halt on stuff like SLKR ramping up, allowing other teams and fun gimmicks to shine. Even if the strategy remains largely the same: big damage = win.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    To add to the above, another good one could be to have the raid boss have mastery equal to the sum of the team.

Keeps it at one level for non GL teams, but bringing in a GL would be and get harder when mastery is added.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I like CG's implementation of monster battles

like the KAM, LS TB CM, DS TB SM, Rancor, JKR event etc

However they go about it, raid or not, i'll be looking forward to it

I think a Relic Scrap Heist, or Galactic Bounties III is more sensible
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    To add to the above, another good one could be to have the raid boss have mastery equal to the sum of the team.

Keeps it at one level for non GL teams, but bringing in a GL would be and get harder when mastery is added.

Oooh yeah, a raid boss of similar strength and gimmicky-ness to SLKR teams would absolutely ruin GL's and actually incentivize using teams with mastery not focused on damage so the boss damage wouldn't be scaled to match.
  • Shadowmaster4
    475 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    If they wanted to make a new raid, include a ships phase, reuse any old content they can so that they don't have to create entirely new content, and still keep a high level of difficulty, they could consider something like the Battle of Geonosis. This could even spice up stale Galactic Republic Jedi by giving bonuses to characters like Kit Fisto and Mace Windu who were present and add a new strategy element to the raid, also discouraging using SLKR.

First phase, the ground assault upon landing with the boss being GBA or a new Geonosian leading a couple of geos. Alternatively it could be a monster from the Geo TB's, like the Acklay. They could literally copy and paste the battle with insanely scaled health and tweak the mastery manipulation gimmick we mentioned.

Second phase, a big droid backed up by Poggle and some geos, reminiscent of phase 2 of the AAT raid. Again, something they could copy/paste, but skyrocket the droid and Poggle's stats. The swarm of side enemies like droids and geos that these bosses could summon would add a new level of annoyance for teams, especially if they don't have strong AOE damage, leading to big strategy changes (or SLKR and GAS, whatever).

Third phase, Dooku and Jango Fett. Mace Windu and some other GR Jedi could get huge bonuses here since they literally fought this phase in the battle. Maybe even a couple other separatist figures from that balcony, like Poggle retreating from Phase 2. Dooku with scaling mastery would be terrifying with his shocks to prevent healing and Jango constantly lowering max health with his AOE.

And the final phase could be ships, fighting against a primarily Geo fleet with Count Dooku in a new ship as the boss. They could be supported every few turns by some sort of buff from the large space orbs (whatever they were) that were being launched from the surface of Geonosis during this battle.

This may also give high level guilds competing in this raid a way to practice with their Light Side teams in an environment similar to Geo TB, or allow guilds with some underleveled players a chance to complete a similar event and enjoy the content and artwork (assuming there would be at least a couple difficulties like other raids)
  • Ultowe
    38 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I know people have already been mentioning this but CG could seriously do a super cool Mandalorian Raid.
    **SPOILERS** but the Krayt Dragon would be crazy, now the Cave Spiders, and I’m sure there’ll be even bigger things on the horizon.
    Feel like it’d be a good opportunity for CG to try to capitalize on the Mando hype train and get some new users to join as well.
    i dont know why but i want to see this as a world boss not a raid :#