Light side GL disadvantage

Drim
360 posts Member
edited November 2020
I’m sure someone could run the data but most likely if you unlocked Rey you are unlocking JML. If you unlocked SLK you will go SEE etc because of the tunes used unlock the previous. Here is my concern the Darkside ships you get from unlocking Darkside galactic legends gives you a huge advantage in GAC. SEE unlock will set that person up with a devastating Fleet. Unlocking JML does what for your fleets?Nothing etc. I don’t think the development team thought this through. The 4 best fleets in game are GG, negotiator, empire and FO.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    SLKR and SEE only have a single overlap: EP. Rey and JML is a bit more because of how many people ran Rey with JKL, but they still only have RJT as a hard overlap.

And ship reqs are a very small part of what makes a GL good. As I’m sure the 1000-post thread about SEE can tell you.
  • Drim
    360 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    It’s not the ships needed to unlock it’s what you will have once done 2 of the best fleets fully reliced. Can a rebel fleet beat any of those? GAC Advantage Darkside
  • Options
    Drim wrote: »
    I’m sure someone could run the data but most likely if you unlocked Rey you are unlocking JML. If you unlocked SLK you will go SEE etc because of the tunes used unlock the previous. Here is my concern the Darkside ships you get from unlocking Darkside galactic legends gives you a huge advantage in GAC. SEE unlock will set that person up with a devastating Fleet. Unlocking JML does what for your fleets?Nothing etc. I don’t think the development team thought this through. The 4 best fleets in game are GG, negotiator, empire and FO.
    I did the opposite, I was probably closer to JML because I had Rey and all the Jedi reliced that JML needed but I thought it would be better to have a LS and DS GL hoping they would make SEE as powerful as he needed to be to match Kylo’s strength. But alas, I chose wrong again.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I unlocked SLKR, and my second will be JML.

It's funny that you say LS and DS would be the divide. After committing to SLKR, I knew my next one would be a LS, it would have been Rey.

So I think your inital premise is not 100% accurate.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    I'll give op this: it's certainly a complaint I haven't heard. bravo, I guess
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • scuba
    14066 posts Member
    Options
    Your mis conception is thinking the ships as pre-reqs had anything to do with making better squads.
    They where panic farms.
  • Options
    Going for the dark side galactic legends could give you a fleet advantage, but going for JML gives you JKL, who is basically almost a legendary too (in my opinion). He will help in GAC and LS Geo.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    It’s not the ships needed to unlock it’s what you will have once done 2 of the best fleets fully reliced. Can a rebel fleet beat any of those? GAC Advantage Darkside
    The 2 best fleets are Mal and Nego.

While Finalizer is great on offense, it's very inneficient and on defense you can beat it with most fleets while only using your 3 starter ships.

Empire needs a relic Gauntlet, otherwise it's nowhere near as dangerous as you make it out to be. And if you relic Gauntlet pilots, you might as well gear Bistan/SRP, resulting in a top tier Rebel fleet that beats anything.

Holdo also does fairly well both on defense and offense.

So no, there is no fleet advantage to either side.
  • Options
    I’m sure someone could run the data but most likely if you unlocked Rey you are unlocking JML. If you unlocked SLK you will go SEE etc because of the tunes used unlock the previous.

I'd say otherwise, it's generally better to have one GL for LS and DS than two for the same side. LS/DS Geo TB, more variability in teams, etc.

The previous post said all about fleet "advantage" as well.