More Darkside Characters Please

LordDirt
5010 posts Member
edited November 2020
Can we please get some more strong Darkside characters? This game has always seemed to favor the Lightside and looking at the rosters we have 113 LS and 83 DS.

We need more balance to the Force.
Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    We were supposed to get a strong DS character in SEE. Instead we got "SEE".
  • Options
    Yep, we need a few new ones to help him out.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Doesnt help that the last good sith we got was Malak over one and a half years ago, who was lost a lot of his meta viability with the new GLs being immune to fear and % health dmg.
  • Options
    Yeah we need inquisitors. Seems we are soon to get Gideon though so that's a boost but he came with two lightside characters as well. Anakin (knightfall) would be good and I think they could bring in starkiller if they just called him a sith stalker and based the character a bit of his dark side ending. Bendak starkiller or calo nord from kotor. Hanhar from kotor 2 for an evil wookie. Bounty hunter ventress. Clone wars maul. I really like the idea of sith lord sidious being a sepratist droid sith and clone synergy unit who is Just a hologram on a little droid. Scout trooper. Admiral karath from kotor who can summon sith soldiers to fight for the sith empire teams. Malaks leviathan capital ship with a required karath as part of it. Rakghoul who infects allies and enemies and when they die they come back as rakghouls. I assume the gang Mando did the prison break with in season 1 will return in 2 so maybe could do that group. Governor pryce Admiral trench pong krell. Komari vosa. Fallen Barris commando droid, tactical droid. Hondo could go for either. That's all I can think of for dark side additions not sure how many it is though
  • Options
    Incinerator Trooper, Scout Trooper, Sandtrooper, Patrol Trooper, 4-LOM, Zuckuss, Doctor Aphra, 0-0-0, BT-1, Governor Pryce, Darth Maul (Shadow Collective), Dryden Vos, Jabba the Hutt, Pre Vizsla, Admiral Trench, BX Commando Droid, TX Tactical Droid, General Kalani, BB-9E, First Order Flametrooper, Supreme Leader Snoke, General Pryde, First Order Jet Trooper, Praetorian Guard, Vitiate, Calo Nord, Darth Malgus, Darth Bane, Darth Plagueis, Geonosian Zombie, R2-Q5, Nuvo Vindi, San Hill, OOM-9, Sniper Droid, Black Krrsantan, Latts Razzi, Eleena Daru, Rook Kast, Commander Pyre, Shadow Trooper, Shadow Guard, Shock Trooper, Purge Trooper, Grand Inquisitor, Second Sister, Ninth Sister, Fifth Brother, Seventh Sister, Eighth Brother, Rukh, Mud Trooper, Imperial Rocket Trooper, EVO Trooper, Sugi, Robonino, Rako Hardeen, Barriss Offee (Fallen), Young Boba Fett
  • Options
    In terms of viable teams, id wager DS and LS are on equal footing. DS probably even has an edge. Lets see off the top of my head.

DS teams: Geos, DR, FO, Empire, Imperial Troopers, NS, GG, SEE, BH.

LS teams: Padme, JKR, CLS, Mon Mothma, JKL, JML, 501st Clones, Scoundrels* , ewoks*

Some toons are pulled to different teams. But this is far more necessary on jedi teams. And I'd barely count scoundrels and ewoks as viable teams. All the DS teams i listed are powerful. The LS not so much. I'd say buff the GR jedi and sure add some DS characters.
  • Options
    you left out Rey
  • Options
    Last I checked the resistance wasn’t just erased
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Can we please get some more strong Darkside characters? This game has always seemed to favor the Lightside and looking at the rosters we have 113 LS and 83 DS.

In this game, its usually not about how good characters are on their own, its about how good they are in an optimal squad (the only exceptions are galactic legends, they usually can be put in a variety of teams). Lets compare Light side meta/near meta squads to dark side ones (comparing in terms of how many unique ones there are).

Light Side:

- GL Rey resistance (Galactic Legend Rey (L), Amilyn Holdo, Resistance Hero Finn, Resistance Hero Poe, L3-37)

- GAS clones (General Anakin Skywalker (L), Rex, Fives, Echo, ARC trooper)

- Galactic Republic (Padme (L), Ahsoka Tano, Jedi Knight Anakin, General Kenobi, C-3P0)

- JTR resistance (Jedi Training Rey (L), BB-8, R2-D2, Veteran Smuggler Han Solo, Veteran Smuggler Chewbacca)

- Commander Luke rebels (Commander Luke Skywalker (L), Threepio & Chewie, Chewbacca, C-3P0, Han Solo)

- JKR jedi (Jedi Knight Revan (L), Bastilla Shan, Jolee Bindo, Grandmaster Yoda, Hermit Yoda)

- JMLS jedi (Jedi Master Luke Skywalker (L), Hermit Yoda, Jedi Knight Revan, Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker, General Skywalker)

- Ewoks (Chief Chirpa, Ewok Elder, Logray, Paploo, Wicket)

Dark Side:

- SLKR first order (Supreme Leader Kylo Ren (L), General Hux, Kylo Ren Unmasked, First Order Stormtrooper, Sith Trooper)

- Sith Eternal Emperor team (Sith Eternal Emperor (L), Sith Empire Trooper, any leftover sith)

- Separatist droid team (General Grievous (L), Magna Guard, Droideka[or Wat Tambor], B2 Super Battle Droid, B1 Battle Droid)

- Sith Empire team (Darth Revan (L), Bastilla Shan Fallen, Darth Malak, HK-47, Sith Empire Trooper)

- Geonosians (Geonosian Brood Alpha (L), Geonosian Spy, Geonosian Soldier, Sun Fac, Poggle the Lesser

- Nightsisters (Mother Talzin, Old Daka, Asajj Ventress, Nightsister Zombie, Nightsister Spirit)

- Sith Triumvirate (Darth Traya (L), Darth Sion, Darth Nihilus, Sith Empire Trooper, Grand Admiral Thrawn)

- Imperial Troopers (General Veers (L), Colonel Starck, Admiral Piett, Snow Trooper, Death Trooper)

Honestly, they are pretty even. I could think of eight unique teams for each. Forgive me if I missed anything, and yes I know adding Ewoks to "meta/near meta" is a bit of a reach.
  • Options

It doesn't matter how many characters are on each side, given how many useless characters there are in the game (especially since almost all of these useless characters are Jedi, such as Eeth Koth, Mace Windu, Jedi Consular, Jedi Knight Guardian, etc) that shouldn't even be taken into consideration. We should only focus on characters that people are willing to use.
  • Options
    you left out Rey

Yeah I felt like I was forgetting something lol